Elite Dangerous: Tourist Beacon Competition Winners Announced!

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

As you may be aware, we held a rather special competition recently whereby a number of lucky Commanders could earn their chance to be immortalised in the Elite Dangerous Galaxy, with their name forever set on their very own Tourist Beacon.

To enter, Commanders were asked to submit a screenshot of the most interesting unpopulated systems, containing Earth-like worlds for all to admire.
Tricky thing here is that there were so many amazing entries, the guys really did have a wonderful but very heavy task on their hands when attempting to choose the lucky winning lot.

However! They got there in the end and we're now thrilled to share the list of winners, along with a little showcase of their efforts!

Winning Commanders:

Alex Miner
ddraiggoch
Ivy Augustine Hall

marx

shakalxl3

Alkibiades

De La Buse

Jacob99

Matt G

Sidewinder40

Animorx

dutchesselysium

Kaitlyn Taylor

mist0

tihiy

Ashans1

Edelgard von rhein

King_Inf3rn0

mMONTAGEe

trex-In

Aurum_32

FantasticTuesday

Kissamies

mo0nlyte

winter ihernglass

Bateay Srei

Filthefrank

kitty kozlov

mooing

wol arn

Boxiertumple

Finnanator

knausis

nozdus

zorkmid

Coddiwompler

FRJ

kong angantyr

papa lost inspace

zulu romeo

Crusina

geckonova

Larington

Saphaia
Suzie

Darkcyde

Gregorio Cortez

maolagin

savenger
MOMIMOMI

Huge 'Congratulations', Commanders! Some absolutely gorgeous finds and equally stunning snapshots.
EDIT: Suzie and MOMIMOMI! Congratulations on your selection too! Unfortunately your screenshots haven't made it into the video due to a slight resolution issue BUT they're worthy all the same o7

If you have a second to celebrate everyone who entered of course (because they're totally worth it), the full thread of incredible entries can be found here.

Big o7

See you in the black.

Last edited:
Closure!

Thank you for posting the results Zac Sally, if CM posts could include a youtube link (all I see is a blank space) it would be helpful.

Last edited:
However! They got there in the end and we're now thrilled to share the list of winners, along with a little showcase of their efforts!

1633700078334.png

If you re-uploaded it in the meantime, it seems to be pay-per-view :p

Many thanks for going to all this trouble! I'm really going to have to get my Dolphin passenger ship, Whisper of Freedom and visit a few of these.
I remember reading through the thread and the longer I went on the more amazing the entries became. I think some people must have got back into their long range exploration ships to get screenshots of their favourite systems in time. Many of those that didn't make it are still fascinating systems that are worth a visit.
P.S. the R in Rhein is capitalised, like the river in Germany (her backstory is that her ancestors were from Germany, although she was born on Boston Base, Barnard's Star).

Top Bottom