CZ points and Influence

Hi, I am wondering about CZ and influence earnt following each size of CZ. I did not find the information on Internet and I would like to know
  • how many low CZ are needed to "balance" a medium CZ
  • how many medium CZ are needed to "balance" a high CZ
Do we earn a certain number of points for each CZ won? If yes, do we know the number of points we can earn for low, medium and high CZ?
The idea behind is to know what is the more profitable (points versus time & risk) in a conflict to win war in a system
Thanks in advance for your feedback
Guess

Nobody really knows exactly, tbh. Some might be able to give better guesses than others. In theory it should be easy, in practice harder than you'd think.

There's been some experiments, but even if you knew, say, Low = 2, Med = 4 and High = 8 (these are random numbers, btw), time it takes to clear a CZ can vary greatly depending on the spawns you get, which can have severe knock-ons as to how quickly you can clear the CZ thanks to how effective the NPC allies are.

Fastest I've ever cleared a High CZ was about 15 minutes, because we had the spec ops and a capital ship both spawn on our side and my allies weren't potatoes, and longest took me 40, when it's the other way around. A low CZ takes me roughly 8 minutes to clear and is the most effective "baseline".

Of course, if you're a wing of 4, then your baseline becomes more stable, but then the question is: What's more effective? A wing of four clearing four High-czs (AFAIK, it only counts once for inf per CZ), or four individuals clearing a single high-CZ each?

tl;dr even if you knew, the efficiencies to be gained knowing that information aren't really going to be a dealbreaker, imo.

I came back to the game recently and it all depends on your context.
I tested cashing 250k bounties in an almost-non-traffic system and it gave me the point for the day. But CZ's give more "unobservable" war points.
Maths about CZ's are speculative but with no opposition, clearing one medium is quite enough. I lost one day once because of having only cleared a low one (i guess there was no opposition but just random bgs moves). High is tough, low is low, medium is quite doable alone imo, in almost every ship. I go for medium. When opposed, it's all a different story (you cannot win if you own the system and the opponent has good understanding of the current bgs mechanics).

I came back to the game recently and it all depends on your context.
I tested cashing 250k bounties in an almost-non-traffic system and it gave me the point for the day. But CZ's give more "unobservable" war points.
Maths about CZ's are speculative but with no opposition, clearing one medium is quite enough. I lost one day once because of having only cleared a low one (i guess there was no opposition but just random bgs moves). High is tough, low is low, medium is quite doable alone imo, in almost every ship. I go for medium. When opposed, it's all a different story (you cannot win if you own the system and the opponent has good understanding of the current bgs mechanics).
If there is no opposition you can win the day by destroying a single Eagle in a CZ and claiming the voucher. You can also win by winning a low CZ. If you didn't dominate a day by winning a low CZ, you had opposition that put in more effort.

You can motor though a low really fast, while medium and high are slogs and although more interesting are too slow to build up points. In reality med and high objectives should count for more to offset this.

I have had a slightly bugged high take over an hour before now. Progress bar moved really slow I reloaded ammo 6 times... was fun, but I certainly new I was in there ages alone. Eyes went crossed etc. Lol

2 lows beat 1 medium with 1 objective, 3 lows beats one High with 2 objectives {without dropping bond)
I'm surprised about the observation wrt objectives (not in this quote, but eh)... how was that determined? (and did you determine specifically that two lows does not beat one high?)

I'd be intrigued to get more granularity on those results... 2 Lows beating one medium implies 1 Low < 1 Medium < 2 Lows, which is an odd contrast. I have a few reads on this, but neither of them are particularly palatable.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something naive like Low = 3 points, Med = 4 Points, High = 5 Points

Looks like the cat's out of the bag ;)
Does it actually mean much though? I've cleared a high as fast as a low before, but I've also taken four times as long on a high. The fall of events within a CZ can still make or break that earning equation.

Does it actually mean much though? I've cleared a high as fast as a low before, but I've also taken four times as long on a high. The fall of events within a CZ can still make or break that earning equation.

Well I just meant people have wanted a simple rule of thumb for ages ;)

But (ime, ymmv) it's just the amount of bonds you get per hour. Not selling the bonds themselves although obviously that helps, but the relationship between the different CZ types. I never write things down, I just get involved in a lot of wars, kill a lot of NPCs & win a lot. Make of that what you will :)
The rule of thumb I use is that the 'points value' of any CZ is equivalent to the value of the bonds you earned in that CZ (assuming you win).

Top Bottom