State of the Game

Meme (14).gif

The squeaky wheel gets the grease? Sure.

Personally I think the level of unhappiness is largely self inflicted. But that's my view. Acceptance of reality is the way forward into enjoyment or abandonment...though that is not to say that wants and discussions should not continue.

But, even the ones who squeak the loudest to the least, who still play the game, MUST be getting at least some enjoyment out of it, with some small portion possibly playing for other reasons. Otherwise, why play?

Logical? Yes, I think so...

It may be a steamy pile, but it is the best steamy pile that I have to play and I accept it for what it is and hope, but not expect, that it can be more.
This is exactly how this has to be handled in order to be happy again - accept it for what it is and not for what it could be, and base on what it is the decision to either play or abandon it One can still care, like I do, but ok, my reason for abandoning it is not EDO, but that FDev broke my hope for this game ever to become what I would like it to be.

This is exactly how this has to be handled in order to be happy again - accept it for what it is and not for what it could be, and base on what it is the decision to either play or abandon it One can still care, like I do, but ok, my reason for abandoning it is not EDO, but that FDev broke my hope for this game ever to become what I would like it to be.
(y)

It depends, current thinking errs away from it but not all of it.

Its unsettling to some because some explanations point to determinism, at least in theory. For example quantum entanglement- it happens faster than light, and one explanation of that was proposed by John Stewart Bell called Superdeterminism- in that things 'know' how to entangle because in effect its already happened.

Its a fun concept and is very thought provoking.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OefsPBDOcFE

Plus, if your universe was deterministic, you'd have a solid case for your reality to be a simulation of some sort. Its why in Devs the programmers flipped out so much because.....they might be living in a simulation as well, watching a simulation they created knowing someone else could have created (and be observing) them and their reality.
well, it doesn't have to be simulated, if it is just a phenomena in mathematics and has no reality to it at all - this is actually what I think it is including me, I'm not real, but a mathematical structure which somehow got aware of itself and tries to make a clue out of the surrounding mathematical relations - and that is all there is actually, relations, sets of relations (which act as entities) and relations between those entities - the rest is complex adaptation what creates this phenomena - well "create" might even be a wrong impression, it might just be there and just perceived as a motion in time, while in fact it is a ordered sequence of states (which is a relation in itself).

So from my point of view it is a phenomena in math

it has one axiom "there has been change" (which is not in the system, it creates the system)
it has one building block - mathematical relations
it has one principle of operation (even it might be instantly there) - complex adaptation

there is nothing "outside" of it - if there would be something it would relate to the system and be a relation or set of relations and with it be still inside the system - so nothing is outside of it and it is all just math - it has none of the perceived reality to it at all.

Top Bottom