Elite Dangerous: Horizons Thargoid Combat Bond Cap Fix | Post Update General Issues

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders o7

It was reported yesterday that Thargoid Combat Bonds were capping at 20 million credits, despite values displaying otherwise .
The team are set to deploy a fix for this issue today, but in order to do so the Elite Dangerous: Horizons servers for all platforms will need to come offline for approximately 5 minutes. Elite Dangerous: Odyssey players will not be affected.
The fix will be applied to both PC and Console versions of the game.

Servers scheduled to go offline at approximately 16:00 BST (15:00 UTC)
Approximate Server Downtime: A matter of minutes (Let's say...2-5 minutes just in case)

As usual following any major update to Elite Dangerous, thank you so, so much for the feedback and reports here in the Forums.

A few issues captured I will mention from the magic notebook (primarily for Odyssey at this moment but thought you might be interested) are:
  • Investigations into Colonia Engineer progression issues.
  • Larceny missions failing to give correct/any rewards.
  • Facilities list in System Map is appearing blank (Horizons Console).
  • Some odd behaviour with reactivation, massacre, restore missions not completing for Commanders.
    • Looking into other issues around missions in general, including ship rewards for on foot missions queries.
  • Wild camera shake during on foot AND Thargoid combat (I know it's scary sometimes, but jeez...)
  • Delayed loading of stations (pop!)
  • Strange behaviour around Unrestricted Access areas acting Restricted.
  • "Backward Engine Trails" (Elite...I love you but why?)
Forgive me if I don't list everything on the plate right now, this isn't me claiming that this is "THE list of issues in Elite Dangerous", don't worry, I just wanted to add a few top layer ones to sprinkle a little reassurance of listening, amidst the wild ride of keeping track with Forum comments.

Odyssey Performance:
As a closing note! We'd also like to thank you all for your latest feedback on performance in Odyssey following Update 8. You've all been reporting things so constructively (including videos along with your system specs without me even asking!) which is massively appreciated, all things considered. You're never expected to go to the lengths you are doing, but many of you do - so thank you o7

It's been great to see those of you reporting major improvements but of course we are still absolutely continuing to note and dig into the remaining instances of performance issues when flagged.

Have a great day, Commanders o7
See you in the Forums.
Also the black.

Is there any way you can let players play a test version of the game before a patch release?

I'm sure stuff like missions not updating would have been captured before release to genpop...

No salt intended, just putting it out there... ;)

o7 i dont get it right so teh minor update wont include the colonia engineer problems ?
i jsut lauch the game chek my inboy and quit it cause tehr is nothing ... i have a bad feeling and im not willing to collect all taht stuff once again ...
id rater watch a live stream of you collectin just this 10 cockteil recepies . id love to see how much quality and time consumting your gameplay is .. and how much fun it offers ...
:( i keep on with my logins every few hours but i will stop playing casue i cant accep you have to do such things twiche or 3tiems causs yeah i dont know ...

sorry for beeing mad ilove your space sim ... but ayayayayayay

Is there any way you can let players play a test version of the game before a patch release?

I'm sure stuff like missions not updating would have been captured before release to genpop...

No salt intended, just putting it out there... ;)

no salt intended and you suggest testing before production?

OUT.. OUT with you from these lands. We are a TIP community. ONLY TIP.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
o7 i dont get it right so teh minor update wont include the colonia engineer problems ?
i jsut lauch the game chek my inboy and quit it cause tehr is nothing ... i have a bad feeling and im not willing to collect all taht stuff once again ...
id rater watch a live stream of you collectin just this 10 cockteil recepies . id love to see how much quality and time consumting your gameplay is .. and how much fun it offers ...
:( i keep on with my logins every few hours but i will stop playing casue i cant accep you have to do such things twiche or 3tiems causs yeah i dont know ...

sorry for beeing mad ilove your space sim ... but ayayayayayay
Different method of fix I'm afraid.
Will let you know more on engineer issues as soon as I have them.

Top Bottom