Elite Dangerous: FSD Reward Module for Phase 2 Colonia Bridge Community Goal | Experimental Effects Revised

Or looking at is another way a 77% improvement.

83.90 ly: D2EAs Max jump range 'conda, with Grade 5 Long Range and mass manager
87.91 ly: Same ship with a double engineered FSD and no mass manager +4.01 ly
91.01 ly: Same ship with a double engineered FSD and mass manager +3.1 ly (+7.11 ly total)

And here I was bragging about 87.99... PLEASE share build! 🤯

5upxd6.jpg

Dear sallymorganmoore

Regarding the latest post on addressing confusion around the inability to decide ether to let us make modifications with very wanted FSD or not, and concerning so many other situations before,

I can absolutely confirm from all sides that:

Any future interactions with our favorite game of childhood are becoming more and more frustrating and the ones bringing us disapointment over and over again.

To be double clear, developers have to correct the treatment to their clients, cause we fell as developers do not respect their clients at all.

I'd also like to add that we, (many gamers that I know) are stating that almost all in game initiatives, new lore and events are usually made with bugs and mistakes, which destroy all pleasure from gaming and interacting with these initiatives.

Dear Sally. Please, try to play game as usual gamer. Try to develop your CMDR from zero and try gain some achievements.

You would be so surprised!

Try to collect cristals of raw materials. They do not fall out.

Try to pass the lore about Hyford. Or any other. The texts do not remain in codex. Or remain, but wrong ones.

Try to explain to yourself, why galactic police do not even interrogate, not speaking of arresting the persons, which are connected to the Black Flight, Oaken point, which are suspected in people disappearing and experiments on humans?

Try to collect CG goods in Colonia when all gamers dream to get longer range fsd, and then explain to yourself why this fsd should not be the one that you expected. And then change your mind. Twice.

Try to explain, what for the Colonia Bridge was created, knowing that the fastest way to get to Colonia is neutron highway, not Bridge. Why not to build two or four megaships only, which would course to Colonia and back every day on schedule? Or maybe it's better to repair ingame plotter in order to work as spansh plotter, from which we alt-tab-copy every star of highway? Why ingame plotter build the route to Colonia in 200 jumps, when https://spansh.co.uk make it in 100 jumps? We suppose, that the reason is the developers even do not know about Spansh plotter and never tried to get to Colonia as usual players do.

We just need to be clear with who would say the truth to you, when all main youtube streamers are allowed to use your in game content only if they say good things without saying a word of criticism.

Moving forward on this issue:

It goes without saying that to make something good for people, it's not necessary to always making worse, and then as it was before.

Again, my apologies for the confusion and any frustration caused.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Explorer Anaconda up to 81.16 and I'm perfectly happy with that. What I'm really happy with though is an Imperial Courier that jumps over 50LY whilst boosting at 848. Much bubble fun in my future.
Oh dear. I might have to annoy you for a coriolis link to your build. My dog doesn't get past 730 when boosting, and while I haven't slapped the new FSD in there yet, she's only hauling 40-ish ly.

Are you using the Drag Drives or Drive Distributors experimental on the thrusters? Drive Distributers is way more lenient on the weight/speed balance for the Courier.

they should bring back red out's and black outs to realistic levels. sounds like there needs to be more impactful downsides to high acceleration.

I’m assuming they’re using the Enhanced Performance Thrusters if they want a speed build Courier.
My iCourier is using drag drives because I didn't know at that time that drive distributors is better and I can't be arsed to change it.

But now that we can apply MM to our CG fsd, I will do that on my next trip to apply it.

It's great! Drag Drives technically has a higher theoretical top speed for the Courier (885 m/s boost) but you'd need to make some really drastic sacrifices that would make the ship basically useless for anything other than going almost as fast as an equally stripped down Viper. Adding any weapons, shields, or other utility will drastically slow you down.

Drive Distributors on the other hand will allow you to have a reasonably well equipped ship (full loadout with lightweight weapons) and still be able to attain the 851 m/s boost maximum speed. It also won't reduce your speed as much even if you do add a bit more weight.

Are you using the Drag Drives or Drive Distributors experimental on the thrusters? Drive Distributers is way more lenient on the weight/speed balance for the Courier.
Ooh, I think I’ll be changing the experimental on my enhanced thrusters when I toddle off to get mass manager applied…

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Dear Sally. Please, try to play game as usual gamer. Try to develop your CMDR from zero and try gain some achievements.
You would be so surprised!
I'm trying not to feel patronised, I'm sure you don't mean it in the way it reads and I have no doubt that you're saying this out of kindness, so thank you.

I have nowhere near as many hours logged as you all do, but I was recently celebrating my 3000+ hour "birthday"...I was pretty happy about it at the time, considering the scale of work needed to be done in my work day, before I can even settle down to casually play the game more, but maybe I should rethink myself.

play.jpg

Try to collect cristals of raw materials. They do not fall out.
Try to be mindful that I have responded to this issue in several ways over the months - in both posts, comments and on livestream.
I'm mindful that you might not always see all of these methods of communication though.

Try to pass the lore about Hyford. Or any other. The texts do not remain in codex. Or remain, but wrong ones.
Try to be mindful that we have mentioned codex entry inconsistencies as an issue which you may have missed in communication, as you might not see all of the things written here in the Forum.
I'm always, as ever, very happy to include individual instances amidst the other reports, just like this one.

Try to collect CG goods in Colonia when all gamers dream to get longer range fsd, and then explain to yourself why this fsd should not be the one that you expected. And then change your mind. Twice.
Try to be mindful that I was the one trying to work out how to fix this issue, so what is your aim toward me with saying this, at this point?
Is there something more I can help you with?

Try to explain, what for the Colonia Bridge was created, knowing that the fastest way to get to Colonia is neutron highway, not Bridge. Why not to build two or four megaships only, which would course to Colonia and back every day on schedule? Or maybe it's better to repair ingame plotter in order to work as spansh plotter, from which we alt-tab-copy every star of highway? Why ingame plotter build the route to Colonia in 200 jumps, when https://spansh.co.uk make it in 100 jumps? We suppose, that the reason is the developers even do not know about Spansh plotter and never tried to get to Colonia as usual players do.
Try to explain to yourself, why galactic police do not even interrogate, not speaking of arresting the persons, which are connected to the Black Flight, Oaken point, which are suspected in people disappearing and experiments on humans?
Thanks for the suggestions. Please try to be mindful that you can add and find many more like this over at the Suggestions section https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/elite-dangerous-suggestions/. You can also report issues either as constructively as able on here in an issue style format, via the issue tracker, or to customer service.

We just need to be clear with who would say the truth to you, when all main youtube streamers are allowed to use your in game content only if they say good things without saying a word of criticism.
Please try to be mindful of the number of Commanders that I communicate with here on a daily basis who do NOT say good things about the game and get a resolve on their issues as efficiently as possible (it may not feel quick or good enough for many sometimes, but no one takes less priority intentionally and we will always keep doing our best for everyone.)

You can, by all means, find these efforts in my response history from the last year.

Again, my apologies for the confusion and any frustration caused.
Hey...that's my line.

Thank you for all hard work in getting this resolved Sally, obviously caught you by surprise resulting in an overdose of calls/meeting but hopefully the thanks of every CMDR in this thread made it all worth while... o7

Greetings Commanders.

Following very recent discussions had around modification issues with the latest Community Goal FSD reward (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...mentals-follow-up.593785/page-22#post-9613457), I'm here to share the following update on developments since issues arose and imminent action to follow this evening:

FSD modules from the Phase 2 Colonia Bridge Community Goal will allow Experimental Effects to be applied to them for both Odyssey & Horizons Commanders.​

The deployment to enable this action comes with two caveats:
  • Commanders currently online will need to log out to the main menu and back in again before a sudden game client error that will appear (reported as a station services server error) goes away, once this deployment has been made.
  • Commanders who use engineering to apply a Experimental Effect will see in their UI that their level 5 double-engineered module gets reset down to level 1 or 2 of a normal engineering mod.
    • This is a cosmetic issue and goes away when you relog to the main menu again for the game to read changes in the server's database.
  • Please be careful to not try to use normal engineering on your frame shift drives, as you risk permanently losing their unique nature.

On hand to read continued thoughts and feedback.
Thank you all for the conversation previously on the matter and once again, apologies for frustration and inconveniences caused.

o7 Commanders.
Unfortunately this advice came about 45 minutes too late to stop me and Felicity Farseer from trashing the size 6 engineered FSD that I specifically participated in the community goal to get. I tried to reapply increased range to fix it, but that obviously broke it. It's a regular partly engineered FSD now. I've raised a ticket with support, so hoping they can give me a replacement on my account :(

Top Bottom