Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 22 November 2021

I...I will do whatever I can to never feel that kind of way in here again, my goodness me.
That "Commander Passion" really did a number on me and you know I enjoy the honesty!
We got there in the end. Remember - here to help you all o7 I can't to that all too well with really, really sharp spears in my ribs. Big o7
Dont sell yourself short, Sally, I think you could do that well, since you have been handling it all so well no matter what has been thrown your way!
There's Lavigny's Legion, but I could easily see there being a Sally's Brigade. O7

Thanks. We definitely do have a few things, but totally hear you if they're not really to your taste this week.
HOPEFULLY something will be more appealing for you as we roll up toward Update 9 soon anyway. o7!
Speaking of update 9 are chances favourable for consoles getting a tweak (Not Odyssey Related) around same time. Let it go Let it go can't hold it back anymore.....Let it go Let it go.....Sorry had a Disney moment won't happen again 😅

Not sure my expectations could get much lower lol wey hey always an optimist 😅
Honestly, it feels like EDO on consoles won’t happen, this could explain the lack of information from the dev team in relation to consoles.

i mean, for example the easiest question couldn’t be clear answered. And that is, will it come or not? Nobody at Fdev seems to be know that, perhaps the answer is such an mystic thing like Raxxla.

Last edited:
Usually the lack of information happens when there is no (new) information.
Sorry, but when a company which works with stakeholders and so on, has no plans, then it’s seems to be unreal. Any company has timelines and intern frames. And for the moment it would be a new information when they can confim that it will arrive on consoles or not. I mean it is easy to give a vague statement and try to sell this as an clear information, that there is no infos.

and the point, that there is nothing to share about a huge community part, tells more then it should be. And one for all, this is no clear communication in the direction of consoles. Try to sell no information as an information is not a good way to hold people. Especially when it seems that EDO is now in a semi stable way and pushing new things, but VR/HRZ/console cmdrs are struggles clearly to stay on the track.

I'm sure Sally will be along soon to tell you the same thing as she's told you every week since EDO dropped soon. One week you might take it on board.

yes, she told us every week that there is no information I get it. No front at sally.

so you don’t understand the issues from the cmdrs on consoles? Or did you are one of this person with 3 accounts ? Imagine you have one account, love this games, are willing to get some of this new features in your hand? Sees the progress (new content) but the only thing is what your hear, there is nothing to share. How long did you will stay? Especially when you have spent a lot of time in the game ? See the long term bugs, constant crashes, the issues due to EDO in the bgs from consoles? What would you do? I don’t think, that you would be happy with that state. And what you perhaps missed, it’s the passion for this game which will let us be so constantly, because we would love to see the EDO Experience on consoles. I think for Fdev it would be much worser that on the consoles nobody cares.

Sorry, but when a company which works with stakeholders and so on, has no plans, then it’s seems to be unreal. Any company has timelines and intern frames. And for the moment it would be a new information when they can confim that it will arrive on consoles or not. I mean it is easy to give a vague statement and try to sell this as an clear information, that there is no infos.

yea, yea.
Sally should pop on the forums every week and say: nothing changed since last week, we have nothing to announced at the moment

It's a bit redundant, dont you think.

When they will have something to announce they will, in the meantime keep blowing the Doom Whistle 🤷‍♂️

I think you will find that they do have a plan. They just have not told you yet. The reason they have not told you yet:
  1. They don't have to. You don't work for the company and you are not involved in the implementation of the plan.
  2. The plan requires some prerequisites to be performed before the detail and timescales of the bits of the plan further down the line can be nailed down.
  3. There is no point in supplying a wet finger in the air guess that does not get met. That will only provide people with more reasons to moan. They don't need any more reasons. It simply diverts the CMs from providing a service for constructive help.
Therefore for those who would like to have a plan, here is a totally unofficial and pure guesswork list of actions that must occur in a sequential order. Based on experience in the software industry (not games).
  1. Take the biggest user base and concentrate on getting that in shape. That is PC (whether you like it or not).
  2. Optimise the code. This is not just a simple task of putting a tick in the optimise box. It involves identifying the bottlenecks, identifying and targeting areas that can be optimised quickly, then targeting bigger areas. This process is a mixture of "Pealing onions" and "Whack a mole". In the "Peal the onions" game you fix the top layer, only to be met by issues you had not discovered in layer above. The "Whack a mole" game is when you change one bit of the code and it has a detrimental effect on another. The effect can be quite subtle and this is why changes are made in small steps. That way it is easier to identify what caused the new problem.
  3. Once the optimisation has progress a certain way, you have a base line where you can say that the code will work for this level of hardware.
  4. You then compare the level of hardware and compare it against the range of consoles. They can then say "Yes we have confidence that it will work on that console".
  5. Having identified what hardware they wish to target they will then work out what needs to change to get the PC base code to work on the consoles. This may be minor or it could be quite major. It depends on the changes and whether they are targeting next gen hardware for which they need to develop specific code.
  6. When they know the level of work and the number of staff available (That are not working on other projects) and the funding available. Sorry to disappoint you they will not spend more than they have and make a loss to keep everyone happy.
  7. They will then start moving towards that target date.
  8. When they have confidence that they will meet that target date then they will announce it.
In the mean time you will have to wait. It does not matter how much you ask the question. They cannot and will not answer it until they have an answer.

If that still does not satisfy you then pick a date in your diary. Any date, it does not matter. That you can regard as being the delivery date for Odyssey for you console. When that date comes and goes and nothing happens, simply pick another date. it will be exciting to see if you guess right.

Having said that, this is the process that should have been in place from the beginning. The problem is the bean counters. All they know is how to count beans. They have zero technical knowledge and switch off when the techy speak starts. They are only interested in profit, end of financial year and where the next whiskey is coming from. They then make decision based on ignorance and greed. They then play the 50% game. Take the estimates given by the devs, halve it and bingo.....instant profit.

I think you will find that they do have a plan. They just have not told you yet.
Not quoted it all, but wanted to say that was an incredibly well thought out post, laying out fact upon fact. Brilliantly put, and shines a light on the (likely) process they’re going through to get the job done, along with the issues they face.

Such a shame it’ll be ignored and come Monday the next community update will see the same “where’s consoles?” shouting.

Deleted member 182079

D
Having said that, this is the process that should have been in place from the beginning. The problem is the bean counters. All they know is how to count beans. They have zero technical knowledge and switch off when the techy speak starts. They are only interested in profit, end of financial year and where the next whiskey is coming from. They then make decision based on ignorance and greed. They then play the 50% game. Take the estimates given by the devs, halve it and bingo.....instant profit.
Where do you get this kind of knowledge from?

Comic books?

Top Bottom