Changes to territory mechanics.

Right now the dinosaurs will expand their territory basically indefinitely, and no matter how far they go they will always be bothered by "problems" in their territory. This happens even if the, say, herd of Trikes moves to the other side of the map from the Stegos, or the Rex moves to the other side of the map from the Spino.

Basically, I would like for Territory's to only, at most, encompass 100% of the required area with required needs. And have pack/herding animals stay inside of this territory unless they are looking for something they need. Herbs in particular seem to just fan out all over the place. And if an animal moves into another animals territory that they don't like, like the Rex and Spino or Trike and Stego, then they just move away from each other.

This would make those free roam "Site B" type parks more interesting, and make large enclosures on challenge mode more feasible. Right now carnivores just go on murder sprees when they have to many animals in their territories, and I think it would be better if they just left the area instead of killing everything.

Right now the dinosaurs will expand their territory basically indefinitely, and no matter how far they go they will always be bothered by "problems" in their territory. This happens even if the, say, herd of Trikes moves to the other side of the map from the Stegos, or the Rex moves to the other side of the map from the Spino.

Basically, I would like for Territory's to only, at most, encompass 100% of the required area with required needs. And have pack/herding animals stay inside of this territory unless they are looking for something they need. Herbs in particular seem to just fan out all over the place. And if an animal moves into another animals territory that they don't like, like the Rex and Spino or Trike and Stego, then they just move away from each other.

This would make those free roam "Site B" type parks more interesting, and make large enclosures on challenge mode more feasible. Right now carnivores just go on murder sprees when they have to many animals in their territories, and I think it would be better if they just left the area instead of killing everything.
I think a carnivore would be more likely to stand it's ground in a territorial dispute, while a Herbivore would probably try to leave a carnivore's territory, but otherwise this is a great idea!

Top Bottom