State of the Game

fdev could have a whole plot about two rival mega produce corporations centered on supplying the greater bubble with bacon in a dispute over defining bacon for ads and labeling in stores.

one obviously with the uk style, the other with the us style. a huge battle breaks out and the cg is over when the first side reaches N number of kills or whoever has the most after 7 days. reward is the rare commodity bacon is made available at the Victor home system, and fakon is made available at the loser and ads for both show up in those systems and thru out the bubble. plus there are the various reward tiers.

something along those lines... with lots of hostile galnet stories between the corps that are super over the top concerned about bacon.

...please don't send me outdoors again today...
funny-wet-cats-8.jpg

I know, its just a better use of the situation in the series because you feel the same emotions the crew do when on the surface compared to the claustrophobia submerged.
I guess who is claustrophobic, cannot be on a submarine - it is more about the air quality in the boat and being near someone else all the time. There is no privacy and being on look out duty is kind of a relief from this - fresh air and some space for oneself - even it isn't much, at least no one wants to pass by all the time and one doesn't have to smell the others - modern submarines have showers, those WW2 submarines just had a single toilet. Those men were working hard and likely smelled rather terrible after a while. It is hard to imagine how this must have smelt after a while, foodstuffs starting to rot (mold), battery and engine leaks, dump clothes which cannot be washed are a surface for bacterial growth, some might have parasites as well (lice) - this all and then the danger of getting sunk by the enemy make this a horrible workplace - and that 24/7 for months.

The weather isn't too bad here.
I managed to visit a chandlery and bought a sailors smock off of a seaman, some glasswear from a Turkish lady and a waxy relief pendant for the mrs.
Xmas shopping completed.
there is an easier way to get rid of it - being an atheist - we don't celebrate christmas at all.

The weather isn't too bad here.
I managed to visit a chandlery and bought a sailors smock off of a seaman, some glasswear from a Turkish lady and a waxy relief pendant for the mrs.
Xmas shopping completed.
I think this thread is doing something to my mind, as I read your post, and all I can see us utter filth, which I Darent expand upon for fear of been banned

We should create such a thread in the off-topic section, when this one is about to be closed - how else could I possibly stay in contact with you all. It is nice to talk about different things in the same thread or just make silly comments and post some cat/dog pics or whatever else comes to mind and is worth posting - or not worth posting, so what.

We're not religious either but none religious ones have existed around this time of year for a very long time.

And you can still have fun and buy presents and see friends and family
yeah, but I can do that at any time of the year - invite friends or family, have fun together, there is no need for a certain date, where I would be forced to do it - that is more what I was about. You know, christmas is in summer in the southern hemisphere - there is no christmas vibe at all, it is beach weather, warm, if not hot even, there is no urge to have christmas stuff - at least not when originally coming from the northern hemisphere. It is just a weird feeling to have christmas at this time of the year in the south.

Top Bottom