State of the Game

To be fair, I've just fired up Ody ffor the first time in 3 months, and I lasted about 20 minutes before shutting it down again (majority of that was playing with graphics settings)... To be fair, Elite doesn't feel like Elite to me any more, which is a shame. :cry:
Sorry to hear that, I've been having a grand time in Odyssey lately...

What is it that doesn't feel "like elite" to you?

9447a995d3eef8c4b1bc4409c0d1413e.jpg

A few years ago before D+ took over all things Marvel TV the American network ABC commissioned a show featuring the New Warriors and in particular Squirrel girl and they even went so far as to casting the part and filming a pilot before it was canned.

View attachment 279146

No one was more shocked to discover I'm a furry than me.

I'd happily join that club, although they could have done better there in getting her to show where she smuggles her peanuts.

Sorry to hear that, I've been having a grand time in Odyssey lately...

What is it that doesn't feel "like elite" to you?
I'm not sure.. It's hard to put my finger on it... I used to spend hours per night playing (had my HOTAS bolted to the arms of my chair, and wore a baseball cap with IR LED's for head tracking), from the early beta through to Horizons (Which was a long time!), then I started to peeter a bit during the "Beyond" season... and stopped playing for a while. I was really geared up for Ody (even paid to play the Beta), and really enjoyed the first week, then they started making changes to it, and I started to go off it.... I think Ody looked (and played) best in that first week (or few days) of Beta, before they started tweaking things.

I'm not sure, I think I'm grasping at straws here... I think I'll have to start with a clean slate (and bolt my HOTAS back on!) and start from scratch, and maybe see if that head-tracking baseball cap still works...

A few years ago before D+ took over all things Marvel TV the American network ABC commissioned a show featuring the New Warriors and in particular Squirrel girl and they even went so far as to casting the part and filming a pilot before it was canned.

View attachment 279146

Squirrel Girl is one of my absolute favourite super heroes. I can especially recommend the comics written by Ryan North (Unbeatable Squirrel Girl).

Like another favourite of mine, She-Hulk, she's a character that many creators had no idea what to do with except when a few sensational (pun intended) writers got hold of her. North's run with Squirrel Girl is the very best, although Ditko's first story where she beats up Iron Man and Dr. Doom is also great, as is her somewhat odd run with the Great Lakes Avengers.

John Byrne and Dan Slott had the most defining runs with the Big Green Legal Machine, while the Soule/Pulido and Tamaki stories are probably the very best. Good to see her finally back in her own series next year as she leaves the Avengers, and I look forward to/dread the TV series Disney+ is launching next year as well.

Big plus for the live-action tv series is that it has Jessica Gao at the rudder, the woman who wrote the Pickle Rick episode of Rick and Morty, and therefore a woman that should be immortalised and worshipped by all.

:D S

View attachment 279146

Wh...what are my eyes trying to look at?

Squirrel Girl?

I'm not sure.. It's hard to put my finger on it... I used to spend hours per night playing (had my HOTAS bolted to the arms of my chair, and wore a baseball cap with IR LED's for head tracking), from the early beta through to Horizons (Which was a long time!), then I started to peeter a bit during the "Beyond" season... and stopped playing for a while. I was really geared up for Ody (even paid to play the Beta), and really enjoyed the first week, then they started making changes to it, and I started to go off it.... I think Ody looked (and played) best in that first week (or few days) of Beta, before they started tweaking things.

I'm not sure, I think I'm grasping at straws here... I think I'll have to start with a clean slate (and bolt my HOTAS back on!) and start from scratch, and maybe see if that head-tracking baseball cap still works...
I took a full year off - being away then coming back encouraged me to try stuff that I'd gotten bored or jaded by, and was able to approach it again with an open mind. I find I'm enjoying things more now that I was for maybe a year before my hiatus. Core mining itself is fun, but flying around looking for cores is beyond tedious.

Haven't tried Odyssey and probably won't until it's $10 in a sale. It isn't the kind of Elite I want to play.

I took a full year off - being away then coming back encouraged me to try stuff that I'd gotten bored or jaded by, and was able to approach it again with an open mind. I find I'm enjoying things more now that I was for maybe a year before my hiatus. Core mining itself is fun, but flying around looking for cores is beyond tedious.

Haven't tried Odyssey and probably won't until it's $10 in a sale. It isn't the kind of Elite I want to play.
This is the bit I'm trying to put my finger on.. I was so sure I wanted to play Odyssey, now I'm not so sure... I think I may need to go back to being a Horizons kinda pilot for a while and see how I go?

View attachment 279146

Squirrel girl? Seriously!?!?! I can't stop laughing, does her super-power involve nuts? (Asking for BH)

Top Bottom