Elite Dangerous Odyseey and the forgotten console players.

As a once fairly popular console content creator for Elite Dangerous, I have held my view on Odyssey to myself to a lessen extent. But after the 2021 End of Year update and the release of Update 9, I felt I really need to jump back in the creator chair and share my thoughts, as I real feel Frontier are letting console players done with the absolute blackout on information, despite there numerous promises to get much much better at said communications.

Any in case a short video to aire my and other views..... enjoy :)
Also yes, I know I spelled the title wrong!

Source: https://youtu.be/_tWLBrRzceQ

I suspect a console launch, if they even have one, will not be for a while. EDO looks like it is going to end up needing a full year from launch to get right for just the PC. I can only imagine how hard it must be on the consoles, especially the last gen ones. PC players can just toss more power at the game, but consoles often need quite a bit of optimization to get PC first titles to run well.

As time has dragged on I'm beginning to suspect FDev may end up dropping last gen consoles to focus on the the latest generation.

A decision like that will have big repurcussions though, as the majority of console players are still using older hardware.

The longer they leave it, the more players will have had a chance to upgrade, and the smaller the impact this decision will have.

I do strongly feel however, as a PS4 player myself, that if this the the route they take then all players on last gen consoles should be offered a FULL account transfer and no extra cost.

Offering to just transfer assets, or worse expecting us to buy the game all over again would decimate their console playerbase.

At least in the meantime we have plenty of story content and CG's going on, and to date none of these have excluded the EDH community from participating in them.

As a once fairly popular console content creator for Elite Dangerous, I have held my view on Odyssey to myself to a lessen extent. But after the 2021 End of Year update and the release of Update 9, I felt I really need to jump back in the creator chair and share my thoughts, as I real feel Frontier are letting console players done with the absolute blackout on information, despite there numerous promises to get much much better at said communications.

What blackout of information? They said they'd port it to consoles when it was sorted out on PC. Surely console users wouldn't want it before that anyway?

OK, some of us are privately thinking it's "if" not "when", but that's a different collection of issues.

As time has dragged on I'm beginning to suspect FDev may end up dropping last gen consoles to focus on the the latest generation.
Given their stance on next Gen consoles it looks like its all or nothing as they arent working on a Next Gen upgrade for Elite Dangerous either.

Today while playing, and i am a die hard elite player, even i got fed up. It crashed 6 times in an hour, did not reconnect. Had to wait half an hour before i could log in again. Killing thargoids did not register, outfitting weapons crashes the game. Utilities crashed the game and so on and so on…..
FDEV, if you want to get rid of all the console players, your on the right track! Just keep focussing on the pc players and f**k up the console side of the game and your done. No new things for us, no new features, almost to much crashes and bugs so it isn’t even playable anymore… keep up the ‘great’ work :-(

If you tell me where you posted yer video on Reddit I'll give it an upvote

I'm a PC player, but that doesn't mean I'm unsympathetic. There are members of my squadron who are console players, and I'd prefer it if they didn't lose interest in the game and leave because they felt they were being ignored

Top Bottom