15 Financial projections

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
PSA: please don't do this if you want there to continue to be anarchy settlements. If you really need lots of power regs, the thing to do is to use Inara to find a system with lots of settlements and many factions in negative states. Go there, take as many restore/reactivate missions as you can, and abandon them to keep the regulator. You can get 50-60 this way before you go from neutral to hostile with the factions.
Regulators are easy. Long but simple. Take a lot of different missions where you are rewarded with regulators and make them. These are specific things where you can see how. I had no problem getting all my suits up to level 5 just by getting regulators as a reward.

In the case of predictions, it's like finding a black cat in a black room, maybe or maybe not.

PSA: please don't do this if you want there to continue to be anarchy settlements. If you really need lots of power regs, the thing to do is to use Inara to find a system with lots of settlements and many factions in negative states. Go there, take as many restore/reactivate missions as you can, and abandon them to keep the regulator. You can get 50-60 this way before you go from neutral to hostile with the factions.
It is simply necessary to terrorize not the main faction in anarchy, but to choose a system where in addition to the main faction there will be a minor anarchist faction. and genocide it

The only item i ground out was Power Regs by just hitting an anarchy settlement 50ish times.
I think that this issue divides the community.

Some in the community are concerned with the long term viability of anarchy systems/settlements, and understand that care should be taken about which settlement(s) to farm.*

Others in the community have no concern for the wider implications of their farming. That may be down to not being aware of the problem (not everyone reads the forum posts etc) or that is their style of play. Which could be summed up as, I want it all, I want it now and my needs outweigh the needs of others. You could argue about whether this is right or wrong, but they have bought the game and how they play is up to them.

Eventually, some sort of equilibrium may be reached. How dire will be the state of anarchies then is unknown. It may be bad, which will have effects on future gameplay. And what about the console players? When they join Odyssey they may find only scorched earth and have a much harder time than the PC players had.

* I think that I tend now to be in this category as I have never been into the repeated farming of the same site. Having said that, I have taken missions on offer at the terminals which may cause some of the problems outlined in the second category. I have now started to actively influence some anarchy minor factions so that they take over a system, so I am paying a lot more attention as to who I take missions from and what other activities I indulge in.

Steve 07.

Last edited:
How dare you OP tricking me into talking about the game and not 15 financial projections for FD and ED?

I feel dirty and confused.

Just completed a few recovery missions.
financial projections = 0, the warehouse is clogged again had to clean it once again because I do not need all these materials.

Eventually, some sort of equilibrium may be reached. How dire will be the state of anarchies then is unknown. It may be bad, which will have effects on future gameplay. And what about the console players? When they join Odyssey they may find only scorched earth and have a much harder time than the PC players had.
The basic mechanism of equilibrium is already there. Quite aside from influence effects, if a faction gets beaten up constantly it will start triggering negative states. And those negative states are actually quite beneficial, in that they trigger abandoned bases - no population means no massacres but instead restore/clear scavs missions that help the faction and also give the opportunity to loot the base without negative effects.

Now none of that will save a system targeted by streamer-following mobs. But those mobs are ultimately temporary, and overall the situation of anarchies in the bubble seems to be stabilizing.

But those mobs are ultimately temporary, and overall the situation of anarchies in the bubble seems to be stabilizing.
Would you happen to have some numbers or examples to back that up or is it just a general feeling? I'm trying to maintain a non-player anarchy faction and out of just 5 controlled systems and a handful of systems where they have a presence, there's always at least one that is in Civil Unrest. Most of the surrounding anarchy factions are also in a semi-permanent state of Civil Unrest, often with a Bust or Pirate Attack as the cherry on top.

System: Patakaka
Settlement: Rowe's Folly

Has 5 HAB data ports and one of the easiest places to hi-jack power regulators. PWR is immediately to the left when you land. Head over, cut the panel off, override the door, smash the techs, disable alarm, and then hit all the HAB data ports. Rinse and repeat till you have your projections done.

System: Patakaka
Settlement: Rowe's Folly

Has 5 HAB data ports and one of the easiest places to hi-jack power regulators. PWR is immediately to the left when you land. Head over, cut the panel off, override the door, smash the techs, disable alarm, and then hit all the HAB data ports. Rinse and repeat till you have your projections done.
Thank you for the tip.

@Maolagin : I guess you were right, the anarchy faction owning that settlement has neatly stabilised at 1.0% influence. ;)

Would you happen to have some numbers or examples to back that up or is it just a general feeling? I'm trying to maintain a non-player anarchy faction and out of just 5 controlled systems and a handful of systems where they have a presence, there's always at least one that is in Civil Unrest. Most of the surrounding anarchy factions are also in a semi-permanent state of Civil Unrest, often with a Bust or Pirate Attack as the cherry on top.
Total Anarchy-controlled systems seems to have roughly stabilised at just under 500 - or at least, returned to its pre-Odyssey gradual decay, rather than the post-Odyssey collapse.

https://eddb.io/system - set the Government filter to Anarchy, leave the rest blank, hit Search. Obviously not wholly reliable for quieter systems but good enough for a rough approximation.
Interesting, but if I set Presence Type to Controlling or Presence, I get the exact same search results.

Edit: Apparently there are 15702 anarchy factions, so I'm going to assume the search results indeed indicate 472 controlled systems. That's a whopping 3%. ;)

Last edited:
Interesting, but if I set Presence Type to Controlling or Presence, I get the exact same search results.
That's only applicable if you're looking for a specific minor faction with the Minor Faction filter - the Allegiance, Government and Faction State filters always only apply to the controlling faction. (Basically duplicating the ones on the in-game galaxy map)

I don't think there's a way with the EDDB search to find systems which just have at least one Anarchy faction present (though that's almost all of them anyway)

Do it in a system where the anarchy's already at 1%.
I've been specifically setting up systems like this by pumping the anarchists, having them take a bunch of settlements, then kicking them back down to where they were below the war threshold.
I might write up a guide or something for anyone that wants to do the same, it's not super-complicated.

Down to Earth Astronomy in his Oct 18 "Hello Dave" #219 discussed the anarchy issue. One figure given was that the number of populated anarchy systems fell to about 2.4% from about 4-5% pre Odyssey.

He followed this up with another video on 27 October. At the 8.40 mark he shows the top 10 anarchy factions just pre Odyssey and at the rough time of recording the video. The top two factions grew (Diamond Frogs and Explorers of the Anarchy) whilst all the others reduced in size drastically (his words).

Steve 07.

A lot of the actively maintained anarchy factions also, very deliberately and specifically, got rid of most of their surface settlements the first chance they got.

How do they get rid of them? Just asking for a friend.

Steve 07.
Get into a war
complete one (1) zone for your opponents in every settlement you own
EITHER fight for the anarchists in space enough to counter the work you did for your opponents on the ground, OR just consider that day a loss and do a few more zones for your opponents just to be sure (the settlements nearest the frontline are the ones that'll get the most random traffic and war tourists, ESPECIALLY if they have a high zone)
Fight the remaining days of the war for the anarchists in space ONLY.

The anarchists will win the overall war while losing all the surface settlements.

Get into a war
complete one (1) zone for your opponents in every settlement you own
EITHER fight for the anarchists in space enough to counter the work you did for your opponents on the ground, OR just consider that day a loss and do a few more zones for your opponents just to be sure (the settlements nearest the frontline are the ones that'll get the most random traffic and war tourists, ESPECIALLY if they have a high zone)
Fight the remaining days of the war for the anarchists in space ONLY.

The anarchists will win the overall war while losing all the surface settlements.
That sounds like a special war I haven't encountered yet, because usually only one asset is up for grabs per faction for each (civil) war. It also prioritises stations over settlements, so you'll need to lose a lot of wars to get rid of everything.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom