Plot Route on Galaxy map screen should be taking your drives fuel use limit into account when plotting routes.

Seriously. why doesn't it take how far you can jump into account? Its so infuriating to constantly have to plot routes manually in my worse engineered ships, not to mention how i physically cannot have jet cone boosts turned on due to this fact, unless i plan on plotting manually after the jet cone because i constantly forget the galaxy map never takes this limit into account on your ship. It makes no sense and would really help cut down the confusion for newer players.

It should take this into account on any settings, economical, jet cones, anything. If there is no setting to turn this function on and let the game Plot routes while taking it into account, then ALL settings should take it into account automatically.

- ๐ž๐๐ข๐ญ
๐Ž๐ก. ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ค๐ž๐ง. ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฑ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ค๐ž๐ง ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐จ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฅ.

Last edited:
Really annoying to be halfway into my jumps on my T9 and suddenly i have to stop and re plot my route manually to get around this stupid annoying factor.

It takes everything into account, AFAIK. However, it also seems that a recent feature added is that the route planner forgets your preferences for plotting: When first starting up the game, the route is replotted with no options added. When the plotting is done, you have to go back into the Galaxy map and retick the necessary boxes and it plots correctly again.

Works fine for my heavily engineered exploration Krait.

:D S

It takes everything into account, AFAIK. However, it also seems that a recent feature added is that the route planner forgets your preferences for plotting: When first starting up the game, the route is replotted with no options added. When the plotting is done, you have to go back into the Galaxy map and retick the necessary boxes and it plots correctly again.

Theres no function i can see to make it take this into account, and it def doesn't for me. it takes my jump Distance into account perfectly fine, and it takes all my boxes into account right away, but not my fuel limit.

Theres no function i can see to make it take this into account, and it def doesn't for me. it takes my jump Distance into account perfectly fine, and it takes all my boxes into account right away, but not my fuel limit.
i just had a time rn where i plotted from lembava to a system not far away in my t9, it gives me a 2 jump route, and i cant even jump to the first system on the route.

Oh, i see what you mean. i had to re go into the galaxy map like 4 times but it did replot it. thats kind of annoying lol. Thank you. If only i could delete threads i would.

Oh, i see what you mean. i had to re go into the galaxy map like 4 times but it did replot it. thats kind of annoying lol. Thank you. If only i could delete threads i would.
Don't worry. Depending on the complexity of the route, it may take a few minutes for the initial calculation to finish. Luckily you can close the galaxy map and the calculation is still running. When it is done, just go back in and tick the relevant boxes and hit recalculate.

Hopefully this will get fixed again soon, as it is especially annoying when you are trying to plot a route through the galactic core.

Did you plot the route before you filled your cargo hold? Because that can have a serious effect on your jump range and you'll have to go back to the map and replot it.

Did you plot the route before you filled your cargo hold? Because that can have a serious effect on your jump range and you'll have to go back to the map and replot it.
Cargo is something the route planer remembers, it seems. Luckily, as I have accumulate a lot of rubbish that people have been leaving behind when I was exploring near the outskirts of the bubble.

It does, it will mark the last star you can jump to with your current fuel, and it will warn you of the last scoopable star on your current route before you run out of fuel, but it will only calculate these when you open the galaxy map so if you fuel scoop as you go then you quickly get to a point where this is out of date unless you open the galaxy map after each jump.

When you plot a route in the galmap you will see the line of the route, some of it will be solid, the few jumps closest to you, this is how far you can jump with your current fuel and jump range, past this the line will be dotted, that is out of range of your current fuel and jump range, this assumes that you aren't fuel scooping, it will recalculate these when you open the galaxy map after each jump. It doesn't recalculate in the background because people don't want to sit there for a minute or so as it does so after every jump if they are using a long route.

It does, it will mark the last star you can jump to with your current fuel, and it will warn you of the last scoopable star on your current route before you run out of fuel, but it will only calculate these when you open the galaxy map so if you fuel scoop as you go then you quickly get to a point where this is out of date unless you open the galaxy map after each jump.

When you plot a route in the galmap you will see the line of the route, some of it will be solid, the few jumps closest to you, this is how far you can jump with your current fuel and jump range, past this the line will be dotted, that is out of range of your current fuel and jump range, this assumes that you aren't fuel scooping, it will recalculate these when you open the galaxy map after each jump. It doesn't recalculate in the background because people don't want to sit there for a minute or so as it does so after every jump if they are using a long route.
I meant sometimes it will just straight up ignore your fuel limit the first time you plot it, but you need to reset it to fix it as sysmon explained.

I set a route up and went to hit the first jump, and i hit it after taking off, so i didnt change my ship at all after planning it, and i couldnt jump due to my FSD fuel limit being to low.

I dont mean your actual fuel amount in your tank, i mean the amount your FSD can consume in one jump i think.

I set a route up and went to hit the first jump, and i hit it after taking off, so i didnt change my ship at all after planning it, and i couldnt jump due to my FSD fuel limit being to low.

That is almost always to do with setting the route before finishing preparation, only set route once you are ready to go. Cargo buying after setting route, refueling from the station refuel button after setting route, buying limpets after setting route, all these things will cause issues. Do all your business at a station, collecting from a CZ or ground location before setting a route, the route only recalculates if you open the galaxy map, so any changes made to the ships mass will cause this issue unless you open the galaxy map to recalculate! Things like setting a route with half a tank of fuel and scooping at the next star are things to watch, that will also cause the same problem.

I have only had this happen with one of the above situations, I have done over 45,000 jumps, so if it was something that happened often I would know about it, something must have changed the mass of your ship between setting the route and hitting the jump button.

I dont mean your actual fuel amount in your tank, i mean the amount your FSD can consume in one jump i think.

That doesn't change, ever unless you engineer, that's simply not a thing that happens, the game can't ignore that. What happens is you plot a route, something changes in your ship so that the range of the first jump requires more fuel than fits in your FSD, that's the only time that message comes up.

That doesn't change, ever unless you engineer, that's simply not a thing that happens, the game can't ignore that. What happens is you plot a route, something changes in your ship so that the range of the first jump requires more fuel than fits in your FSD, that's the only time that message comes up.
But like i said, nothing changed. thats why i thought it wasnt taking it into account. i plotted my route, sitting absolutely still, already with my cargo on board and taken off from the station, i then tried to jump and it didnt work. i had to refresh the galaxy map a few times for it to fix its self so for some reason, sometimes it just doesnt do it. its not the first time its happened either.

Maybe its a PS4 Version bug.

Seriously. why doesn't it take how far you can jump into account?
Of course it does, if you take a second and a half to look, the GalMap tells you when you MUST get fuel and it tells you WHICH JUMP you will not have enough fuel for.
Another thing: the GalMap can EASILY be filtered to route you by fuel-scoopable stars whenever possible.

Of course it does, if you take a second and a half to look, the GalMap tells you when you MUST get fuel and it tells you WHICH JUMP you will not have enough fuel for.
Another thing: the GalMap can EASILY be filtered to route you by fuel-scoopable stars whenever possible.
You didnt read the post properly did you? I said it wasnt properly taking my FSDs limit for how much fuel it can consume in 1 jump, not the amount of fuel i have in total. It was just bugged ig

You didnt read the post properly did you? I said it wasnt properly taking my FSDs limit for how much fuel it can consume in 1 jump, not the amount of fuel i have in total. It was just bugged ig

No that simply doesn't happen, that's totally wrong, I would think after over 45,000 jumps if it was a thing it would have happened to me quite a few times. The amount of fuel required for the jump was more than the FSD could accept because the mass of the ship increased between the time you plotted the route and the time you pressed the jump button, thus increasing the amount of fuel required for the jump beyond the capacity of the FSD, which is fixed and is always the same, it never changes.

The "Fuel Consumption Exceeded" message is the worst message in the game. It really should just say "Out of range", cos that's what it means. But for some reason FD decided some weird esoteric reference to how much fuel your FSD consumes would be a better idea.

The "Fuel Consumption Exceeded" message is the worst message in the game. It really should just say "Out of range", cos that's what it means. But for some reason FD decided some weird esoteric reference to how much fuel your FSD consumes would be a better idea.

Fdev are great at the creation of messages that tell you exactly what's happening in a way that no-one really understands until someone spends twenty minutes explaining all the details, and even then some people still don't get it.

Fdev are great at the creation of messages that tell you exactly what's happening in a way that no-one really understands until someone spends twenty minutes explaining all the details, and even then some people still don't get it.
I literally wasnt out of range for my jump range is what im saying. i checked 4 times. it a row. and i plotted after doing all my stuff. I Also replotted twice and it gave me the same route.
It was just some kind of weird bug i guess, because i didnt change literally anything between plotting and trying to jump.

"No that simply doesn't happen, that's totally wrong, I would think after over 45,000 jumps if it was a thing it would have happened to me quite a few times. The amount of fuel required for the jump was more than the FSD could accept because the mass of the ship increased between the time you plotted the route and the time you pressed the jump button, thus increasing the amount of fuel required for the jump beyond the capacity of the FSD, which is fixed and is always the same, it never changes."

Thats what i meant. what im saying is my ship was plotting routes that were past that stat, fore some reason and i assumed the game just never considered that stat. I assumed that because again, nothing changed inbetween me plotting and trying to jump besides the miniscule amount of fuel it takes to leave the mass lock. and i was already launched, just not out of the mass lock yet. Its not the first time its happened to me either, although its only happened like 2 or 3 times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom