PvP complaining

Nope and thats why we'll never play elite together. Once glimpse of a blur rock and you'll be gone. :D
I assume that should be 'blue' not 'blur' lol. I was chasing some other derp, not a bloody rock! And we'll never play Elite together because I won't be able to get you away from data farming at Jameson's crash site for long enough... ;)

so I theory-crafted a wonderful krait MKII I am very proud of, after weeks of experimentation, I go to nanomam to see what I can do.

I win a few fights, so I try to take on an elite meta-FDL. of course my shields were stripped in well under a minute, despite my boosting and maneuvering, he successively landed his plasma volleys. This is amazing to me, as when I experimented with PA's on a chieftain, I found them almost impossible to land. (???)

Clearly he was a professional FDL pilot. or... am I accusing him of using some kind of aimbot? ...I suspect the latter -_-;;

then I interdict a federal gunship. From what I see, it should be less maneuverable than even a clipper -- and yet it maneuvered on par with a vulture, both in keeping it's distance and in terms of keeping it's nose on me -- I took fire the entire fight, unable to evade. I did not realize FA off could impart so much agility unto a ship -_-; Unfortunately, despite having 3 module reinforcement packages (~370 points,) and his fine ability to keep significant distance, and my popping as much chaff as I could, my FSD was very quickly destroyed. I spent the next couple of minutes zooming away trying, suffering constant FSD malfunctions. Even after reboot/repair, it simply wouldn't work. Fortunately for him, he managed to stay on my tail whilst continuing to fire (fine distributor, to boost enough to stay on my tail for so long whilst still managing the pips to fire and bring my shields down again.)

oh, and he quickly took out 2 of my elite condor SLFs, both equipped with chaff while he was at it.

So, what, am I accusing him of an agility hack, (amongst others?) ...basically. I am extremely impressed with his ability to punch through hundreds of points of module reinforcements, through chaffing, to wreck my FSD, especially, that it was incessantly malfunctioning (for 1-2 minutes straight. I guess it was indeed knocked down to 2%. Must have taken ~450 points of damage to that module in a relatively fast period of time.)

As I recount the event, and review his ship's capabilities, I am moderately convinced he was hacking. So, when I log in again I will submit a report for the last 'killed me' contact.

But what is to be done? I cannot prove it. Maybe I am wrong. I'm not going to report the FDL, perhaps he really was so good. (in which case I suggest the FDL be nerfed moderately to significantly.) .....and having lost another 10 million to the rebuy screen, I'm looking forward to another ~hour of grind to restore my coffers.

I just, I think I need to make a more resolute decision to quit. Forum-goers insist that ~1% of players cheat, but I think it is significantly more than that and enough to completely ruin the game.

If something can't be done, then the game simply doesn't work.

finally -- there is no good way to rationalize purchasing Odyssey if solo grind climaxes into situations such as this.
There is an insanely high skill level to this game.
It's not the ship, it's the pilot.
It took me thousands of hours to get comfortable with FA off and plasma accelerators.
If you need help training with plasma accelerators tell me and I can try to help you.

Try fa off. It's exhilirating after you stop spinning out of control. :)

Plasma accelerators not only deal massive amounts of Absolute damage, but their damage fall off distance is second to none (2 km). Add to that the thermal conduit experimental (60% more damage at over 100% heat) and you have a meta weapon.

Besides PAs are super fun once you get the hang of it.

o7

I assume that should be 'blue' not 'blur' lol. I was chasing some other derp, not a bloody rock! And we'll never play Elite together because I won't be able to get you away from data farming at Jameson's crash site for long enough... ;)

Sorry it was a few years ago and you know how terrible my memory is but you can hardly blame me you have more mining experience than Arthur Scargill.

Starting to practice FA Off, are you saying a HOTAS set up will more or less always be inferior to KB/M for FA Off? Love to hear your thoughts and advice.
Yes for the majority of the top level PVP people it's KB & Mouse. There are a limited few exceptions to this like Walking on a controller and a small number that can get away with stick & stick. No one I've seen is any use at pvp if they are not FA off. Only way you can get the nose pointing in a different direction to your vector. This is why they are so good with PA's and rails, apart from lots of practice they have more time on target.

so I theory-crafted a wonderful krait MKII I am very proud of, after weeks of experimentation, I go to nanomam to see what I can do.

I win a few fights, so I try to take on an elite meta-FDL. of course my shields were stripped in well under a minute, despite my boosting and maneuvering, he successively landed his plasma volleys. This is amazing to me, as when I experimented with PA's on a chieftain, I found them almost impossible to land. (???)

Clearly he was a professional FDL pilot. or... am I accusing him of using some kind of aimbot? ...I suspect the latter -_-;;

then I interdict a federal gunship. From what I see, it should be less maneuverable than even a clipper -- and yet it maneuvered on par with a vulture, both in keeping it's distance and in terms of keeping it's nose on me -- I took fire the entire fight, unable to evade. I did not realize FA off could impart so much agility unto a ship -_-; Unfortunately, despite having 3 module reinforcement packages (~370 points,) and his fine ability to keep significant distance, and my popping as much chaff as I could, my FSD was very quickly destroyed. I spent the next couple of minutes zooming away trying, suffering constant FSD malfunctions. Even after reboot/repair, it simply wouldn't work. Fortunately for him, he managed to stay on my tail whilst continuing to fire (fine distributor, to boost enough to stay on my tail for so long whilst still managing the pips to fire and bring my shields down again.)

oh, and he quickly took out 2 of my elite condor SLFs, both equipped with chaff while he was at it.

So, what, am I accusing him of an agility hack, (amongst others?) ...basically. I am extremely impressed with his ability to punch through hundreds of points of module reinforcements, through chaffing, to wreck my FSD, especially, that it was incessantly malfunctioning (for 1-2 minutes straight. I guess it was indeed knocked down to 2%. Must have taken ~450 points of damage to that module in a relatively fast period of time.)

As I recount the event, and review his ship's capabilities, I am moderately convinced he was hacking. So, when I log in again I will submit a report for the last 'killed me' contact.

But what is to be done? I cannot prove it. Maybe I am wrong. I'm not going to report the FDL, perhaps he really was so good. (in which case I suggest the FDL be nerfed moderately to significantly.) .....and having lost another 10 million to the rebuy screen, I'm looking forward to another ~hour of grind to restore my coffers.

I just, I think I need to make a more resolute decision to quit. Forum-goers insist that ~1% of players cheat, but I think it is significantly more than that and enough to completely ruin the game.

If something can't be done, then the game simply doesn't work.

finally -- there is no good way to rationalize purchasing Odyssey if solo grind climaxes into situations such as this.
welcome to Nano, its protected by FUC who in turn has members and friends from BRNN and Nomads. They are very well experienced and extremely good at what they are doing. But further more you don't seem to have much experience your self so you'd have a hard time against any FUC pvper.

From what i know, Elite Dangerous experienced PvP pilots are amongst the most impressive types of PvP players i ever saw in video games. So yeah, i wouldn't be surprised at outcome, especially given how it's your first PvP encounter.

No one I've seen is any use at pvp if they are not FA off.
@Andy13460

check out and maybe you even learn something...
1642084025864.png

I think even if you asked Yogwa he would agree that against a top FAoff PVP CMDR he would be at a disadvantage. I watched his 1v1 with Salty he did well even though salty didn't have to fly evasive to win. Whether you like it or not FA on flying will always have limitations, time on target being a huge one. Also with the FDL the stall at the end of the boost cycle is horrendous with FA on. As to learning from this your showing me an organic 4v4 Looking at who was flying I wouldn't think Yogwa was ever focus in this fight. You also have to just look at organised PVP and tell me why do they nearly all fly FA off?

I think even if you asked Yogwa he would agree that against a top FAoff PVP CMDR he would be at a disadvantage. I watched his 1v1 with Salty he did well even though salty didn't have to fly evasive to win. Whether you like it or not FA on flying will always have limitations, time on target being a huge one. Also with the FDL the stall at the end of the boost cycle is horrendous with FA on. As to learning from this your showing me an organic 4v4 Looking at who was flying I wouldn't think Yogwa was ever focus in this fight. You also have to just look at organised PVP and tell me why do they nearly all fly FA off?
as an fa off HOMAK pilot myself i can agree to some arguments you brought here.
however yogwa is the prove that someone can be highly competitive with hotas and fa on.
so if someone doesnt want to loose the enjoyment of hotas or hosas immersion and doesnt want to invest the thousend of hours time one needs to rock this without relative mouse then this is the way to go.

however yogwa is the prove that someone can be highly competitive with hotas and fa on.
so if someone doesnt want to loose the enjoyment of hotas or hosas immersion and doesnt want to invest the thousend of hours time one needs to rock this without relative mouse then this is the way to go.
I watched Ashen Fox for ages toggling FA off with a HOTAS. He got good with it also. Again watching him practicing with Barnard from Nato the difference was striking between FA on and FA off. Any method is going to require a large investment in time. Watching FA on CMDR's and trying to use it myself for a long time gave me the impression that my rail guns have to be excellent because I would be relying on them a lot more. I got to a point where I knew for me FA off with a stick was never going to work, I had to change to full FA off with relative mouse. Hard to hit PA's with your nose pointing in the same direction as your vector all the time. I actually have my X52 throttle on the left hand, mouse on the right. Stick is there for super cruise. I keep my rail trigger on the left hand well away from the right. pips are on foot switches. My rail aim is way better than it ever was with a stick. Big difference for me is landing more PA's.

I watched Ashen Fox for ages toggling FA off with a HOTAS. He got good with it also. Again watching him practicing with Barnard from Nato the difference was striking between FA on and FA off. Any method is going to require a large investment in time. Watching FA on CMDR's and trying to use it myself for a long time gave me the impression that my rail guns have to be excellent because I would be relying on them a lot more. I got to a point where I knew for me FA off with a stick was never going to work, I had to change to full FA off with relative mouse. Hard to hit PA's with your nose pointing in the same direction as your vector all the time. I actually have my X52 throttle on the left hand, mouse on the right. Stick is there for super cruise. I keep my rail trigger on the left hand well away from the right. pips are on foot switches. My rail aim is way better than it ever was with a stick. Big difference for me is landing more PA's.
Dell is that the faoff mechanism does not work properly on the joystick, and even if you offer a fix for this situation is unlikely to do so.
In the current situation, you need to buy a joystick without a dead zone and train for 1000 hours...

Just out of interest I watched your latest video where you spent an eternity low waking out of a wing attack. You do realise high waking would have made the video not necessary. Your supposed to be an experienced PVP CMDR why would you make a long video low waking from a wing and think you did well?

Just out of interest I watched your latest video where you spent an eternity low waking out of a wing attack. You do realise high waking would have made the video not necessary. Your supposed to be an experienced PVP CMDR why would you make a long video low waking from a wing and think you did well?
If his goal was to tie them up and waste their time so they can't gank anyone else passing through the system, I can see why he might do that.

If his goal was to tie them up and waste their time so they can't gank anyone else passing through the system, I can see why he might do that.
I'm hoping to see it from one of the wing members POV at some point to get some context on it. As it was Alcor I'm pretty sure there were several wings busy there. Lucky he didn't get chain interdicted. I suppose when you look at it that way I can remember a certain Wizard named CMDR evading a whole wing chain interdicting him for a very long time. What goes around comes around as they say.

some reasons
1)
when you are ganked from a full wing and they are not able to deploy serious damage on the target its embarassing for the attacker espacially if this is published on youtube. so its basically a counter move to not give them the satisfaction of my highwake with showing them you are not a threat to me.
the outlaw community calls this: max disrespect low wake.
2)
i was fleet commander of 20 ships at that time and i had to get myself asap to the main battle. highwake and coming back would have taken much longer in combination with the fuel problem. after the lowwake i used navlock to get pulled in seconds in the main combat area which can be watched here SPEAR: Alcor PART II All for One and one for All, Report of the last CG spoken by real voice of akuma tebori so there was no danger of chain interdictions, which also can be countered easily btw. (with this i mean not getting interdicted shortly after the sc jump again)
3)
i like it from time to time to train my evasion with this kind of situations.

Starting to practice FA Off, are you saying a HOTAS set up will more or less always be inferior to KB/M for FA Off? Love to hear your thoughts and advice.
exactly that. Fly full FA off with hotas is an art, and even more aiming with rails. On the other hand anyone practicing a little bit with mouse and keyboard can fly full FA OFF with almost no difficult compared to HOTAS users in about 2 weeks.

A big part of the community has been telling this for years but FDEV haven´t tested it yet. It would take a couple of hours to test it.

Top Bottom