Has been fixed "experimentals bugs" on Colonia bridge phase 3 enhanced frame shift drives?

As title says, I remember the message in game about not to apply experimentals to the enhanced frame shift drives delivered to all the commanders that rank more than 75% in Colonia bridge project phase 3 because a bug. Can we apply experimentals yet?. Or the bug remains and has not been fixed?. I'm looking forward go exploration with my 90 ly Conda!

There was so far ZERO information about "FiX" for this issue. I myself impatiently wait for fix to be able add heat reduction special for FSD used on my T9 because it regularly need use heatsink for hyperjumps (it practically overheats on every jump). @Bruce G it will be really nice if Frontier can give some updated info to this matter. It was officially recognized issue and it would be therefore fair to keep players informed about planned fix (maybe Update 11?). I understand that there may come reason(s) why it will not happen, but still give players info about (at least some) planned fixes is better as to stay silent.

Last edited:
It was never broken for many many people..
The announcement was because Fdev can not ID those that will have broken upgrades... for many nothing is broken...
This is why it will/has taken so long, as for many nothing goes wrong any way, its working out "why" its only specific users which will take Fdev a long time...
Any update to "fix" this has to insure it does not Break any other engineering upgrades..

Last edited:
Frontier hasn't given any news about that, but, i can confirm they experimental effects CAN be applied and they WORK.
I have done this about like a week ago, and was able to apply the experimentals correctly on all 3 FSD's.

-Go to the engineer's base and transfer all the FSD's you want to modify.
-Buy any cheap FSD, storing the one in your ship.
-Relog
-Put the double-modified FSD back on your ship from the storage.
-Now you should be able to apply the experimental effect. Apply it.
-IMPORTANT: AFTER THAT, THE MODULE WILL VISUALLY BECOME A "GRADE 1 ENGINEERED" MODULE. DON'T TOUCH IT.
-RELOG AGAIN.
-Now the module should be a Grade 5 again. Check if the FSD has a Optimized Mass of 76.8%.

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
There was so far ZERO information about "FiX" for this issue. I myself impatiently wait for fix to be able add heat reduction special for FSD used on my T9 because it regularly need use heatsink for hyperjumps (it practically overheats on every jump). @Bruce G it will be really nice if Frontier can give some updated info to this matter. It was officially recognized issue and it would be therefore fair to keep players informed about planned fix (maybe Update 11?). I understand that there may come reason(s) why it will not happen, but still give players info about (at least some) planned fixes is better as to stay silent.

Apologies for the long wait. I don't expect the fix to arrive in Update 11. When have more specifics to share, we'll do so.

What on earth is going on eh?? I know you're not gonna tell us but man.. it's not making Fdev look any better at the moment. Please fix your game and we can go back to being happy space ship people. Thanks

Frontier hasn't given any news about that, but, i can confirm they experimental effects CAN be applied and they WORK.
I have done this about like a week ago, and was able to apply the experimentals correctly on all 3 FSD's.

-Relog
-IMPORTANT: AFTER THAT, THE MODULE WILL VISUALLY BECOME A "GRADE 1 ENGINEERED" MODULE. DON'T TOUCH IT.
-RELOG AGAIN.
-Now the module should be a Grade 5 again. Check if the FSD has a Optimized Mass of 76.8%.

Just to expand a little on this:
  • the optimised mass of 76.8% is ONLY relevant if you've applied the mass manager experimental. Whilst that will be vast majority of cases, I have applied thermal spread to a couple of the 3A drives.
  • if you've got a lot of drives to do make sure you travel to the engineer in something that will fit any of them, i.e. don't go down in a Krait and then realise you can't modify the 6A drives. Who would do such a foolish thing? I couldn't comment... :rolleyes: Anyway, the way I (eventually) did it was using my Corvette which I could happily do every drive with.
  • you only need to buy a cheap FSD and kick off that workaround if you're initially blocked from adding the experimental. It's not blocked for everyone, for some weird reason.
  • relogging after adding the experimental isn't required for anything other than to clear the visual bug that it's become a grade 1 FSD. i.e. you can mod a number of drives one after the other and then relog at the end to make sure everything all looks fine.

I've added experimentals to every drive received from the Colonia Bridge CGs so far (2 lots from Alcor, 1 lot from Colonia) and they have all been fine. However, you are taking the risk that something goes wrong. It probably won't, and risks are exciting. Mostly.

if it DOES go wrong do you lose the drive or can you get it back to pre modded state ?
Nothing happens is the bug... the issue is Specific users can not alter them and are blocked...
Thats the key change All other pre engineered drives are alterable...

Now once you Try to alter the FSD to be NOT one of the 2 allready applied engineering effects and not the experimental it will whipe every thing to zero. so Fdev added the Do not alter it Big sign... Which is only meant to show if you tried to do any engineering change that is not an experimental...

Those effected get the big popup at every stage...

I can confirm following the guide above I had no issues putting effects on my double engineered drives. whilst I was there also upgraded some of my legacy engineered drives too so my range should have a nice little tweak now accross the board :).

I hope there is a chance that the enhanhed FSD find their way to the tech brokers.......
I started playing the game after the CG and I recently bought an Anaconda.....
Hopefully FD fixes the bugs with patch 11 and makes them available

-Relog
-RELOG AGAIN.
Cheers and thanks! Will try this later. o7

My personal take on this:
  • Soon(ish?) there will be a CG to add these FSDs to tech brokers.
  • Tech broker FSD will be modifiable, just like existing 5A V1.
  • There will be NO fix for CG FSDs. This is a low priority for FD, especially since there is an unofficial workaround.

Basically: go to FSD engineer and use workaround to add Mass Manager or whatever to your drives. That's what I did right after getting them.

Well, we have our answer when the CG reward FSDs will be fixed in game now: NEVER. When you bring one of them to an engineer now, access is locked and the message "can't modify pre-engineered" is shown. So congrats to us who went ahead and added the experimentals while we still could and sorry to those who did not, patiently waiting for FDEV telling them when it would finally officially ok. Sadly you haven been given the big middle finger by FDEV, with not even an announcement (that I am aware of) that this is now the resolution. As it has been so often in the past already: FDEV don't bother to fix things, they'll rather disable them entirely.

Last edited:
Well, we have our answer when the CG reward FSDs will be fixed in game now: NEVER. When you bring one of them to an engineer now, access is locked and the message "can't modify pre-engineered is shown. So congrats to us who went ahead and added the experimentals while we still could and sorry to those who did not, patiently waiting for FDEV telling them when it would finally officially ok. Sadly you haven been given the big middle finger by FDEV, with not even an announcement (that I am aware of) that this is now the resolution. As it has been so often in the past already: FDEV don't bother to fix things, they'll rather disable them entirely.
Okay. And the workaround?

Okay. And the workaround?
You mean the normal way so nobody even new any thing was wrong...
Yes thats still normal and added the experimentals... and yep transfering all the FSDs from storage to FSD engineer in Bulk 3 per CG side so total of 6 per account per CG was still done..
yep thats still normal going to the engineer and transfering every FSD to engineer then putting them in the Class 7 Fsd slot one at a time for the addon...

You mean the normal way so nobody even new any thing was wrong...
Yes thats still normal and added the experimentals... and yep transfering all the FSDs from storage to FSD engineer in Bulk 3 per CG side so total of 6 per account per CG was still done..
yep thats still normal going to the engineer and transfering every FSD to engineer then putting them in the Class 7 Fsd slot one at a time for the addon...
Sadly I now have an unused size 6 that I can no longer apply an experimental to. I left that unchanged because I wouldn't know if I'd need thermal spread on a new future ship or could go mass manager. At least the FSDs in my Conda, Vette and T9 have 2x mass manager and 1x thermal spread.

Top Bottom