how much the fleet carrier consumes for LY?

IIRC, it was originally 500t for 500ly (1t/ly) before Frontier doubled the fuel-efficiency twice. So now 125t per 500ly, or 0.25t/ly - however, there is a minimum of 5t for even a 0ly jump (such as an in-system jump).

This assumes the Carrier is fully-laden. Basically the Carrier has a mass of 25,000t and can carry another 25,000t, so "travelling light" will halve your fuel consumption.

This assumes the Carrier is fully-laden. Basically the Carrier has a mass of 25,000t and can carry another 25,000t, so "travelling light" will halve your fuel consumption.
Assumptions are the mom of all fek ups btw :)

Make sure YOU DISABLE ALL PURCHASE ORDERS before you start jumping the thing. According to your Captain, a purchase order has the same weight as it describes. If you set one for 15000 tons, your carriers fuel consumption is calculated as if you already have that order fulfilled. Don't ask me how I know :)

Where my Fuel went, he didn't know.
Where my Captain went no one knows either...

Last edited:
Make sure YOU DISABLE ALL PURCHASE ORDERS before you start jumping the thing. According to your Captain, a purchase order has the same weight as it describes. If you set one for 15000 tons, your carriers fuel consumption is calculated as if you already have that order fulfilled. Don't ask me how I know
I won't ask...

... and certainly won't mention my last trip to Colonia using much more fuel than I thought it should 😡

hi, does anyone know how much the fleet carrier consumes for LY?

The game treats tritium in the fuel tank as weight just like if it was stored as cargo. The formula for tritium used:

ceil(5 + (distance * (cargo_weight + tank_weight + 25000)) / 200000)

So for a 500Ly jump, a min of 68 tritium and a max of 133 depending on how loaded it is. A fully fueled but otherwise empty carrier takes 70.

This gives a max range for a carrier loaded with 26000 tritium (1000 of which is in the tank) of 134000Ly with 2 tritium left over.

The game treats tritium in the fuel tank as weight just like if it was stored as cargo. The formula for tritium used:

ceil(5 + (distance * (cargo_weight + tank_weight + 25000)) / 200000)

So for a 500Ly jump, a min of 68 tritium and a max of 133 depending on how loaded it is. A fully fueled but otherwise empty carrier takes 70.

This gives a max range for a carrier loaded with 26000 tritium (1000 of which is in the tank) of 134000Ly with 2 tritium left over.
What is "ceil" in your formula? When I run (5 + (500 * (1150 + 1000+ 23850)) / 200000) I get 70

Assumptions are the mom of all fek ups btw :)

Make sure YOU DISABLE ALL PURCHASE ORDERS before you start jumping the thing. According to your Captain, a purchase order has the same weight as it describes. If you set one for 15000 tons, your carriers fuel consumption is calculated as if you already have that order fulfilled. Don't ask me how I know :)

Where my Fuel went, he didn't know.
Where my Captain went no one knows either...
Lol made this mistake on our first exploration. Just put up a max order for fuel so people could mine and stock the carrier in their free time between jumps.

What is "ceil" in your formula?
This means that instead of rounding to the nearest whole number, you take the next largest number. So ceil(75.2) would be 76.
However, the spansh fuel calculator seems to behave as though it's using round(fuel) instead of ceil(). Haven't tested the in-game calculation yet but it's gonna be in the noise anyway of course ;)
Edit: I decided to check it. I found that spansh is of course correct and matches the game's calculation - so the fuel consumption is really:
round(5 + (distance * (cargo_weight + tank_weight + 25000)) / 200000)
Lol made this mistake on our first exploration. Just put up a max order for fuel so people could mine and stock the carrier in their free time between jumps.
Surely this bug has been fixed by now though? :oops: [Edit: I just checked and yes it is fixed, yay]

Last edited:
hi, does anyone know how much the fleet carrier consumes for LY?
Thanks
Ciao

images (41).jpeg

Yup, this will be very useful for long journeys (see also post #2 above ;)) but it's nice to have a straightforward formula too. (It's curious that FC fuel consumption is linear with distance, given that fuel consumption for normal ships is so non-linear...)

FC's are using the old Witch Space jump drive, not the new fangled FSD one we are blessed with, that's why it uses Tritium and not Hydrogen.

Top Bottom