CMDR customization upgrade ideas

ED had surprisingly detailed and complex character customization, eventhough it wasn't really needed before. Odyssey changed a lot and our journeys are much more personal now. But, except new suits types and skins, the customization hasn't follow the changes and Holo-Me didn't get any new functionality. I really think it's time to upgrade it.
1. New hairstyles (especially more feminine for females), beards and mustache, glasses (hipster, modern, futuristic...), accessories...
2. Body types - athletic, normal, model-like, chubby, attractive...
3. Better animations - all of them, including idle. More feminine female moveset especially.
4. Better suits for women, more feminine, less unisex. I have enough of unisex stuff in games. Why a woman in 34th century wouldn't want to feel attractive?... Men as well. Here are some examples of art created by CMDR Fosdyke
E_j0xtyXMAAG8zo1.png
E_onmx0WEAEFwuK1.png
E1wHgMgWQAUfnSd1.png

Clothing would be awesome to show that CMDRs are just human, too.
EbyIlpDXgAEacnH2.png

FRmzr5LXwAAlKE42.png

5. New category - casual clothing, wearable only at stations. Without the flight suit. Clothing would be awesome to show that CMDRs are just human, too. Tuxedos, sports suits, dresses and even minis. Possibly for Arx.
E1XGXPQXEAI5oXr1.png

EeVSA4CWkAIbId72.png

EkS7vFEXgAEBPdz1.png

EphxnyZXMAM6x1m1.png

More options, more details, better animations and less unisex - it's all I ask :) It's an extended version of my original twitter post, it got supported also by female CMDRs, they also would like to see these changes. Please, Frontier!

Attachments

• EwMcjuGWUAELU1v.png
    EwMcjuGWUAELU1v.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 63
To everybody in the post, just go beyond the woman body and look at the possibility of suit's customisation please.
I was just joking there.
Rheeney made a very similar post not that long suggesting the same kind things minus a few..
I would like to see it expanded as well but for everyone.
FD have always seemed to try and keep things relative to the setting, bar a few fun exceptions.

Uniforms would always likely be unisex, for example.
I'm not sure how well skirts and dresses would work without adding jewelry and other related items and maybe that's moving things to far away from the setting.
So, i'd be more for work clothes and dress uniforms..

Please note: I'm not saying anything about your stuff, more the casual clothing suggestion.
Yours reminds me of Mass Effect, if you played as a girl char....

Last edited:
I was just joking there.
Rheeney made a very similar post not that long suggesting the same kind things minus a few..
I would like to see it expanded as well but for everyone.
FD have always seemed to try and keep things relative to the setting, bar a few fun exceptions.

Uniforms would always likely be unisex, for example.
I'm not sure how well skirts and dresses would work without adding jewelry and other related items and maybe that's moving things to far away from the setting.
So, i'd be more for work clothes and dress uniforms..

Please note: I'm not saying anything about your stuff, more the casual clothing suggestion.
Yours reminds me of Mass Effect, if you played as a girl char....
No worries ;) i was just helping the OP about a possible out of focus thread, o7

No worries ;) i was just helping the OP about a possible out of focus thread, o7
Just some light-hearted banter.
:)

The way i look at at any kind of add-ons, paid or otherwise, is that you have to have a solid base to work from to avoid any potential clipping issues or things just looking daft, colours included.
Skyrim, regards hairstyles, was a good example where your hair would just disappear if it didn't fit.
So, if you add things because you can, as opposed to thinking if they can work, would not be the best path and should always be kept in mind.

1. New hairstyles (especially more feminine for females), beards and mustache, glasses (hipster, modern, futuristic...), accessories...
2. Body types - athletic, normal, model-like, chubby, attractive...
3. Better animations - all of them, including idle. More feminine female moveset especially.
4. Better suits for women, more feminine, less unisex. I have enough of unisex stuff in games. Why a woman in 34th century wouldn't want to feel attractive?

1) More hairstyles are cool, but its a bit of a long running problem with certain types of games, like ED, where you have a helmet, long hair has to magically disappear. Also, then you have issues with hair clipping. You have to invest a lot of effort into making good hair that doesn't suffer clipping issues.

2) This is another problem for developers, when you start getting into phenotypes. You then have to check every suit, every cosmetic, works with every phenotype, multiplying the work and QA required. Lovely idea, but a lot of extra work. Also, clipping issues. Keep in mind, it takes FD ages to do anything!

3) More anims would be fine i suppose, especially emotes.

4) Contentious area. Heading down the road of chainmail bikinis. Maybe by the 34th century both men and women have long since abandoned the idea of gender identity. Or maybe its the men who have become feminine?

Top Bottom