What other games are we all playing?

I beat Elden Ring’s last boss over the weekend. I save-scummed so I could check out 4 of the endings, (frenzied flame is my favorite, visually) and I’m still mopping up some of the smaller bosses like the falling star beast that I noped out of originally. It’s an amazing game, but I don’t think I’ll do NG+ anytime soon. I explored it so thoroughly that there’s only 2 or 3 endings I didn’t reach and the only boss Id really like to try again is Malenia. I think it’s time to uninstall so that I can dust it off later and check it out fresh with whatever DLC comes along.

I’ve unpacked my flight stick, I’ve purchased the retro suit, and I’m looking forward to getting back into some exploring after a prolonged forced-break.

Wish I knew how to take in game screenshots or record video on a Playstation :rolleyes:

Any advice from PS players would be appreciated :)
There’s a dedicated share button on the controller, that’s the place to start. I barely used it, Only a couple twitch streams to show something off, but I’m reasonably sure that’s where you access screenshots also.

There’s a dedicated share button on the controller, that’s the place to start. I barely used it, Only a couple twitch streams to show something off, but I’m reasonably sure that’s where you access screenshots also.
I wondered what that 'share' button was for...seems obvious now of course. Welp...if I manage to grow an extra thumb, I might actually manage to press it.

I bought a 3rd party asymetric controller with the thumbsticks and D-pad in the 'correct' places. It's the best of both worlds for me, all the function of a dual-shock with the familiar comfort of an Xbox controller.

mqdefault.jpg

Having spent a few years playing on Xbox, on the odd occasion I've had a chance to play on someone elses PlayStation over the years I've always found the symetrical thumbsticks and D-pad positioning of PS controllers very strange and awkward.

As for my foray into the world of PlayStation proper for the first time...I'm absolutely loving this game...the Assassin's creed that should have been but never was :)

Last edited:
Anyone able to recommend any other Subnautica-like games that are pure Single Player?
Depending on what you mean by "pure single player", I find No Man's Sky to be Subnautica on steroids, and possibly its most valid alternative.

NMS has the single player mode (which is what I tend to play).

Depending on what you mean by "pure single player", I find No Man's Sky to be Subnautica on steroids, and possibly its most valid alternative.

NMS has the single player mode (which is what I tend to play).
By "pure single player", i mean no MP at all. Many of the "survival" type games I've looked at have a SP mode but are really designed around playing MP. Tried NMS, couldn't get into it in the 2 hours I had before the Steam refund window closed.

Based on what I keep hearing, not until it’s 50% off.
MSFS is both amazing and also one of the biggest disappointments in my gaming life. Of course this is a huge example of YMMV, based on where you like to fly, how good your internet is, how patient you are with bugs and constant HUGE updates, and what you think about games that are never finished but sold as if they are..

It's one of the very few games I actually uninstalled from my computer out of frustration and the crazy amount of storage if freed up (I've never uninstalled Elite, except from PS4). It also has me seriously considering the next X-plane release, despite that being serious downgrade in scenic accuracy.

Top Bottom