What other games are we all playing?

Having another go at Subnautica: Below Zero. It is excellent but just doesn't seem to hook me as well as the original. Nice to have a few less glitches though.
Plus a bit of System Shock 2 for a bit of "when games were properly made and get of my lawn" proper gaming 😜

Couple weeks procrastinating from finalising an oil petroleum loop in ONI.
I chose to run refinery - not a petroleum cooker, since there is no real heat source nearby. Also built my first infinite liquid storage - not too hard.

I shall need some cooling for rhe main base. Aquatuner. Maybe redo the power station.
Then head for the surface maybe.

Having another go at Subnautica: Below Zero. It is excellent but just doesn't seem to hook me as well as the original. Nice to have a few less glitches though.
Plus a bit of System Shock 2 for a bit of "when games were properly made and get of my lawn" proper gaming 😜
I've only played Subnautica, but I loved it. Actually, I need to finish it. One of my favorite parts of the game is taking my Cyclops into those really deep waters, right at the crush depth line, where it is spooky dark, the hull is creaking, monsters are lurking, etc.

Frontier could add this gameplay to Elite by giving us gas giants that we could "submerge" in with a crush depth limits, dark murky gasses as you go further down, "gas monsters", storms, abandoned research stations, etc. That would be epic!

I've only played Subnautica, but I loved it. Actually, I need to finish it. One of my favorite parts of the game is taking my Cyclops into those really deep waters, right at the crush depth line, where it is spooky dark, the hull is creaking, monsters are lurking, etc.

Frontier could add this gameplay to Elite by giving us gas giants that we could "submerge" in with a crush depth limits, dark murky gasses as you go further down, "gas monsters", storms, abandoned research stations, etc. That would be epic!

I think the subnautica base building is the only thing they could do as the non combat side of odd. Its the only answer that holds up when white knights demand you invent gameplay for ship interiors. The silence in response must be agreement.

The cannon didn't fire even close to the mark tho....

How perfect would that be though. Who cares about getting your name in the codex, i would go to rng crash sites to infinity to get base building blueprints for ship interiors.

Having another go at Subnautica: Below Zero. It is excellent but just doesn't seem to hook me as well as the original.
I am the same: even though I loved both, for some reason I found the original more engaging.

Currently playing The Witcher 3, WH40k: Battlesector and Trigon: Space Story.

Eagerly waiting for Chaos Gate. 😊

Whilst hunting Thargoids in Novas.

High Fleet, but I alt-f4ed in frustration. Gonna try with fewer ships and maybe reworked engines. Amount of cash I've been shelling out for gas wasn't funny. No idea how to properly fund the campaign, bleeding cash left and right.

Anyone able to recommend any other Subnautica-like games that are pure Single Player?
“Recommend” might be too strong a word, given that its fairly recent release to Early Access, but the Planet Crafter has some strong Subnautica vibes, though it lacks the richly detailed alien ecosystems from that game in favor of terraforming the world you’re on.They have a free “prologue if you’re interested:

“Recommend” might be too strong a word, given that its fairly recent release to Early Access, but the Planet Crafter has some strong Subnautica vibes, though it lacks the richly detailed alien ecosystems from that game in favor of terraforming the world you’re on.They have a free “prologue if you’re interested:

Yeah that one popped up earlier in this thread. Leaving Early Access games alone these days. Would rather play the completed version once it's been released. Still looks like they "borrowed" the art assets from subnautica though....

Top Bottom