Game Discussions X4 this looks Very good

Little confused; did the Genesis start, ended up Teladi space.
When I approach teladi stations, ships labeled teladi security attack me, but my rep is 0, so why are they attacking?

Last edited:
Spoilers!!!

iu

Little confused; did the Genesis start, ended up Teladi space.
When I approach teladi stations, ships labeled teladi security attack me, but my rep is 0, so why are they attacking?
Teladi Company and Teladi Ministry of Finance? They have two factions. MIN is the gov. TEL is the mercantile guild. MIN has rules. TEL barely does.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
I found some energy weapons (on steam workshop) that are nearly invisible except for some 'gas ionization' (hey, that's what it said...). Not much to look at, but they do seem to punch above their weight class. :) And I found some serious beams for my L and XL forward firing guns that just destroy pretty much anything I point them at.

@Old Duck "Someday I'm going to take the time and learn how to mod X4 myself. I'd love to tweak the flight models to add a little more weight to smaller ships (Elite-like drift), along with making my own tweaks to weapon stats."

Yea, I would love to tweak the flight models and weapon stats a bit as well. Not sure I have the patience for this kind of stuff any more though. ;)
X2 or X3 had the Kyon emitters deopping from Khaak enemies. I found them pretty tough at that time with being hitscan and the rest was all projectiles. And they made a good punch.

I just 'discovered' the gate to Avarice and am about to jump in and check it out. Wish me luck... ;)

Just be alert for the tide warnings. I've lost three or four ships to the tide when I wasn't paying attention.

I've abandoned salvage ops around Avarice for now (because ^^), and decided to move my scrap collecting squad to other ventures temporarily. I just bought the modules to build a salvage station to put anywhere I can find wrecks to harvest; finding a location is my current endeavour. My Teuta is autotrading atm and does a pretty good job. I parked two Manticores for now.

GL HF

Hey! Thanks for the heads up! :)

Unfortunately, I knew nothing about these tidal forces until I jumped in. But fortunately, I was in my Asgard (modified of course) and all I got was a pretty light show. :oops:

I wondered how smaller/less shielded ships would fare, and it sounds like they probably have a difficult time of it. There doesn't appear to be much there, unless I was interested in salvage (I'm not), so I probably won't be going back there much if at all.

Hey! Thanks for the heads up! :)

Unfortunately, I knew nothing about these tidal forces until I jumped in. But fortunately, I was in my Asgard (modified of course) and all I got was a pretty light show. :oops:

I wondered how smaller/less shielded ships would fare, and it sounds like they probably have a difficult time of it. There doesn't appear to be much there, unless I was interested in salvage (I'm not), so I probably won't be going back there much if at all.
Tides occur around twice an hour periodically. In Avaric you receive two warnings about the next wave. From outside you can look at the NPCs - if they queue up in front of the gate there is something sus happening on the other side.

I'm finding it hard to stay engaged this time around. New pilot, exploring all the areas, trying to eke out some money.
I'm not a fan of scanning bases, so I mostly don't do it.
I do have to say that the artistry of shooting mines around trapped ships is really done well, and the game is visually stunning.
But there is a grind to overcome when starting a new game.

I'm finding it hard to stay engaged this time around. New pilot, exploring all the areas, trying to eke out some money.
I'm not a fan of scanning bases, so I mostly don't do it.
I do have to say that the artistry of shooting mines around trapped ships is really done well, and the game is visually stunning.
But there is a grind to overcome when starting a new game.
My one and only 'cheat' was to remove the money scrounging requirement, so I could concentrate on the more enjoyable aspects of the game. But that's just me. :)

Top Bottom