F1® Manager 2022 announcement & trailer

Yes, just saw this on formula1.com and came here to see if there was more info.

All we've really had over the past few years is Motorsport Manager, which is a great game. But the F1 license is key and I'm hoping Frontier can pull this off.

If that would be a Motorsport Manager 2 I'd be super excited, so You know where to find inspiration guys ;)

However, please do remember about some very, very important option:
MULTIPLAYER CAREERS

Not many things would do better to this game, rather than option to create custom leagues with friends.

If that would be a Motorsport Manager 2 I'd be super excited, so You know where to find inspiration guys ;)

However, please do remember about some very, very important option:
MULTIPLAYER CAREERS

Not many things would do better to this game, rather than option to create custom leagues with friends.
Its listed on Steam as a singleplayer game.

We were talking about it on a different forum and I put up a wishlist

I just hope it is good. Deep, detailed and fun to play. The F1 license is key.

Motorsport Manager is a great game, I played the hell out of it, but it did suffer for having no licenses.

With the new one I envision Football Manager for F1. I want that sort of depth. No idea if it will come close.

I'd want to see

-- Contract negotiation
-- Sponsorship deals
-- Livery paint shop
-- Engine supplier options
-- Deep chassis setup
-- Performance R&D
-- Facility upgrades
-- Politics
-- Evolving regulations
-- Evolving circuit schedules
-- Media responsibilities
-- Dynamic driver attributes
-- On-track chaos!
-- AI mistakes
-- Full race weekend
-- Telemetry
-- Mechanical malfunctions
-- Realistic racing
-- Weather
-- Deep replay system
-- Multiplayer

And more, but that's a start :)

I so love the 2016 'Motorsport Manager' from Playsport Games (and the Underdog Challenge), I have really big hopes for F1 Manager 2022.
I hope it's going along the same management & career progression, from a small unknown team to becoming a serious contender for the top 3 teams.
But this time with better camera's, having a cup of coffee while watching and managing the race from different angles and dashboards, stats, rankings and all of that!

Cmon FDev - we're like middle aged toddlers in slippers here waiting for our new toy. :D
Share some more pretty please!

now we are in the age of in-car telemetry and GPS etc. i'm thinking it would be good to race folk like Hamilton as a ghost car. subscribe by season. race live with them as ghost cars.. race legends/cars from the past etc... anyways just a hope i have been having for years but was waiting for tech to catch up

A couple of comments about this one ... I'm another firm fan of Motorsport Manager (1800 hours!) and would welcome another entry to this game genre, as long as it's actually any good. This genre has been brutal on those who have attempted it so far and I'm looking at GP Manager, F1 Manager from 2000 and GP World there which were either good but annoying (GPM2) or awful (F1M, GPW). Hopefully this new one is more a Motorsport Manager than a GPW.

Second comment - I applaud the community managers for doing massive Work on promoting and hyping the IRL F1 events but ... I can't recall anything from them about the game. This worries me. I'll probably end up unfollowing the F1 Manager twitter soon if they don't start giving info about the game instead of spoilers for IRL F1.

With Frontier's record on Odyssey, I wouldn't be pre-ordering anyway but it would be good to have more about the game to stir the interest for when the Game is released.

Source: https://youtu.be/T6DCSwimUBA

Source: https://twitter.com/F1/status/1500865782049390601
I think F1 Manager is not possible nowadays =\ Simple racing game F1 is better in gameplay and in all meanings

Preview:

Some in-game images:
F1-Manager-22-home-screen-hub-1024x576.jpg

F1-Manager-22-Australia-Circuit-Melbourne-Albert-Park-1024x576.jpg

F1-Manager-22-Finance-management-1024x576.jpg

F1-Manager-22-Australia-Circuit-Melbourne-Albert-Park-Track-details-1024x576.jpg

F1-Manager-22-race-strategy-editing-1024x576.jpg

F1-Manager-22-staff-and-technical-chief-management-1024x576.jpg

F1-Manager-22-Azerbaijan-1024x576.jpg

F1-Manager-22-Baku-1024x576.jpg

FUVMX3n-WYAAw-W5-N.jpg

Just chcecked steam and its already hit the top tier of the global top sellers despite the game not being out for a couple of the months.
If Frontier do a good job with this then they have the potential to make serious bank

Also of note is that i understand its been made on the Unreal engine, not Cobra as is traditionally the case for Frontier.

Also of note is that i understand its been made on the Unreal engine, not Cobra as is traditionally the case for Frontier.
Logically I cannot know what engine they are using, but in this year's annual report on the Frontier website, this information appears in the section of this F1 Manager 2022 (page 27):
Frontier has extensive experience of developing deeply engaging, high-fidelity simulation games which also achieve widespread global adoption. The partnership with F1 creates an exciting opportunity to bring together Frontier’s experience and capability, including its powerful and versatile COBRA game engine, to the management-rich environment of
the globally popular and ever changing world of F1.

So, in theory, this F1 Manager uses the COBRA engine, as always.

Top Bottom