Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Update 12 Update Notes

The "Pre-Engineered" Frame Shift Drives obtained through recent in-game events can now have experimental effects applied.
  • This change also includes descriptions, tooltips, and fixes to various UI flows for many other pre-engineered modules allowing Commanders to better identify which modules are pre-engineered and if they will accept any further modification.
  • The development and customer support teams would like to thank everyone who waited patiently for this fix.
Sadly it is still impossible to add experimental effects onto the pre-engineered FSD modules from the 3rd phase Colonia Bridge Project CG from last January.

The button does now show "Options restricted pre-engineered" and actually lets you continue to the engineering options window, but the add experimental effect button is disabled.

I've tried it with the 6A and the 3A FSD modules, both in Oddysey and in Horizons the result is identical. I've also tried storing the module, going back to main menu and logging in again, install the pre-engineered module again... it doesn't change anything.

EDIT: I was finally able to create a new issue, so if anyone else has this problem add your comments here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/50401

Last edited:
How come with this update I have gone from a perfectly playable game at 240 FPS to an unplayable game at 2 FPS? Looks like its back to NMS. Great job FDEV.

AMD card? Apparently there's an issue with the latest AMD driver and ED. Rolling back the driver apparently works while FD work on a fix.

Sadly it is still impossible to add experimental effects onto the pre-engineered FSD modules from the 3rd phase Colonia Bridge Project CG from last January.

The button does now show "Options restricted pre-engineered" and actually lets you continue to the engineering options window, but the add experimental effect button is disabled.

I've tried it with the 6A and the 3A FSD modules, both in Oddysey and in Horizons the result is identical. I've also tried storing the module, going back to main menu and logging in again, install the pre-engineered module again... it doesn't change anything.

EDIT: I was finally able to create a new issue, so if anyone else has this problem add your comments here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/50401
Ive just put MM on all my CG FSDs at KHUN.
Yes it identified them as pre engineered but selecting to add an experimental was no issue, are you ED or EDO?

O7

AMD card? Apparently there's an issue with the latest AMD driver and ED. Rolling back the driver apparently works while FD work on a fix.
I thought so too and tried it in the company with an Nvidia GPU (admittedly not a fat card, but so far it was enough), same symptoms. in mountainous areas exobiology is unplayable for me at the moment 2-3 fps

Based on this line from update notes,
Fixed a broken inbox message sent during megaship missions.
I had some hope that "Infiltrate the megaship datalink" missions will be fixed, but no, they are still the same.
I took 3 missions for the same megaship and first one was solved very easy, but other missions are still insolvable.
I tried everything - relog, re-enter, fly to SC and back, fly to Station to close the first mission and back, try to scan other megaships in other systems, tried to scan
the same class megaships in other systems, tried in Horizons too - and nothing helps.

Last edited:
I have already done at least 12 ground combat missions and the Engineer Hero Ferrari is still not unlocked. Has this bug also been fixed?
If it has not been mentioned later, the codex may still be double counting lows, so you may have to get the codex to show 20 completed.

Steve 07.

For me game crashed PC back to BIOS, then hung on disembark from ship, apparently walking forever in the dark.

Cleared out the Graphics folder, re-launched and it's been fine since, I've scanned at least 4-6 bio's Jumped at least once, and no issues with GTX3060 on ultra.
Might be worth Frontier clearing out that folder during the upgrade.

You can't disembark at your own fleet carrier if you're in the hangar.
This problem is not fixed, although bug report with that thing was closed as if the problem was solved.
How that supposed to be named, FDev?
The access to fleet carrier management from the side panel is still unavailable form time to time.
I guess, the game will look somewhat stable at Update 14/15 or something.

Last edited:
You can't disembark at your own fleet carrier if you're in the hangar.
This problem is not fixed, although bug report with that thing was closed as if the problem was solved.
How that supposed to be named, FDev?
The access to fleet carrier management from the side panel is still unaavailable form time to time.
I guess, the game will look somewhat stable at Update 14/15 or something.
My experience of that one was/ is that it only happened when the FC was orbiting a gas giant (for some reason the giants gravity registers in the hangar), but was ok elsewhere. & could disembark from the landing pad regardless. Obviously that's not ideal either, but is yours affecting you in other orbits as well?

Same procedure on every update for me:
Update game -> Notice, that VR bug still present since release of Odyssey -> Close the game until next update.
Very annoying! My whole clan stopped playing this game since VR support was dropped.

Update game -> Notice, that VR bug still present since release of Odyssey -> Close the game until next update.
Very annoying! My whole clan stopped playing this game since VR support was dropped.
I think they should really fix this as quick as possible. A lot of gamers bought VR stuff because of ED and are waitning for ongoing support of it.
ED has been the game for me which let me think about buying VR Hardware. Until know I did not buy VR equipment.
Can you tell me if there is an issue to vote for in issuetracker to get this going?

Can you tell me if there is an issue to vote for in issuetracker to get this going?
I’ve got a selection here, if you fancy a look:

👍

🙄 VR support was not dropped. There's as much VR support in Odyssey as there is in Horizons. Technically, there's more because you can't drive around in a Scorpion in VR in Horizons.

Remember when they said there was going to be no VR Support in Odyssey and then everyone threw their toys out of the pram? They put it back in because it was relatively easy to do and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. It isn't as easy to put on-foot VR into a game, sure NMS did it but every interface in that game had to be redesigned and inplemented just for VR. It's a huge amount of work and do you see the non VR players happy for fdev to add that for the lucky few that have VR? The only fair way for VR-Odyssey to be implemented is if its a paid for DLC.

Top Bottom