HIP 22460 Permit Lock Initiated

It might've been interesting and exciting if it would bring ANY new gameplay. But all it will be is another collect guardian trash, get some bounties, bring us stuff for moneys and maybe another double engineered module that will have issues for couple of month with delayed deployment. So yeah, not excited, at all

It might've been interesting and exciting if it would bring ANY new gameplay. But all it will be is another collect guardian trash, get some bounties, bring us stuff for moneys and maybe another double engineered module that will have issues for couple of month with delayed deployment. So yeah, not excited, at all
It might even be this...
1656596837134.png

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I believe if you check on the Buur Pit YouTube channel he has posted an article concerning players who want to do exactly what you suggest. I'm at work right now and doing this on my smartphone so I don't have access to the links like I would be able to normally, but it's a relatively new posting so if you go to his channel and just look for recently made postings you'll see it.
Oh yes trying to use the BGS. Someone was asking in a stream I was watching about how to drive them out of T Tauri, which isn't possible as it's their origin system. Though any negative work against them that doesn't involve killing I can get behind :)

You may as well not play the game or look at anything to do with it until November then.

Posted this in the General Discussion thread on the subject before I knew about this thread, so I'll just copy it here:

As chance would have it, I'm currently landed on 10b, having parked up there yesterday after running out of playing time when I went out to look over the Overlook yesterday. It'll be interesting to see what happens next time I log in - I'm thinking I'll have been moved to one of the active megaships, but we'll see. I'll be reluctant to leave if I'm still planetside.
Was going to take a look at Supercruise news Frameshift Live but this needs checking out!

Edit: Now in orbit round the planet, and the DRP marker on the landing scale is now red.

Not the most interesting outcome, but not the most surprising one either.

Last edited:
I appreciate the enthusiasm for intrigue but the asset name is not a hint.
If you have seen our social channels you will see it was a video with moving text. The static was exported as a single image, a 'base' image, so that we could export other versions with and without text.
Now if you'll excuse me, my killjoy schedule is fully booked today.
This is the first time fdev have out rightly said no its not new content...is this a step away from the usual vague replys :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Mmmm, interesting this is where my alt is (was) landed, not logged on yet wonder where I'm going to be?

View attachment 312990
Your ship has been confiscated for security reasons. Your character is now in a secure bunker located 200 m below the surface for "security" reasons which is obviously for your own character's benefit. I hope you brought a book with you. Also, we certainly hope you didn't have any plans for the next 7 days.

Please understand that this is for your own safety, all will be fine, there is no need to worry, we have everything under control. We are in charge, so you don't have to be. Be at peace with the universe, all will be just fine. Just stare peacefully into that light on the wall opposite of your room.

Wooo, that's a new one on me - is it a brand-new thing or have planets been locked like this before?
I don't remember one gaining a lock since I started playing but there were several or more already locked back in 2016 including Triton in Sol.

Really appreciate they Permit locked the System. Helps push carrier spam out a bit. This FC owner hopes this is the new pattern as long as FC space is limited.

I don't remember one gaining a lock since I started playing but there were several or more already locked back in 2016 including Triton in Sol.
Earth's moon is locked despite otherwise being something we should be able to land on. They're waiting for their implementation of mega cities since the moon is extremely built out in lore land.

So basically locked for no reason.

Really appreciate they Permit locked the System. Helps push carrier spam out a bit. This FC owner hopes this is the new pattern as long as FC space is limited.
The system was already permit locked, it was a moon that got an additional permit lock.

But it wouldn't be a completely useless idea to temporarily permit lock CG systems in the future. :D

Not at my computer just now, but just saw this on Twitter. Anyone else noticed/confirmed this phenomenon? Is that indeed new behaviour?
That isn't new at all, practically every permanent surface POI (including other thargoid structures) has a visible glow as you're descending from orbit.

Top Bottom