Message to the Devs: Innovate or die

Ask 10 people what FD should do to improve the game and "innovate" it and you'll get 10 different answers.

Of course, they could always go chasing the widest demographic and really bring in more revenue. I don't think many ED players would be happy with those changes though.

For me, what kills it isn't so much the bugs... hell, i've put up with FD's bugs for close to a decade now. Its not even the poor performance of Odyssey on release, i just didn't play it until it had got to the stage where i could. And its not the lack of ship interiors or the grind or anything like that. What really kills it for me is the speed of development. I never expected FD to be super fast with new content, my expectations were firmly set in that department after the first couple of years, but it seems like things are just getting slower and slower. Yeah, bug fixes and optimizations are nice, but where is the meat?

And now, playing NMS, and seeing how much they have added since launch... its night and day.

At this rate, Star Citizen will release before we get atmospheric planets in ED! And i don't think that is happening this decade.

Ask 10 people what FD should do to improve the game and "innovate" it and you'll get 10 different answers.

Of course, they could always go chasing the widest demographic and really bring in more revenue. I don't think many ED players would be happy with those changes though.

For me, what kills it isn't so much the bugs... hell, i've put up with FD's bugs for close to a decade now. Its not even the poor performance of Odyssey on release, i just didn't play it until it had got to the stage where i could. And its not the lack of ship interiors or the grind or anything like that. What really kills it for me is the speed of development. I never expected FD to be super fast with new content, my expectations were firmly set in that department after the first couple of years, but it seems like things are just getting slower and slower. Yeah, bug fixes and optimizations are nice, but where is the meat?

And now, playing NMS, and seeing how much they have added since launch... its night and day.

At this rate, Star Citizen will release before we get atmospheric planets in ED! And i don't think that is happening this decade.
CIG and Hello Games have pretty much just the one product to concentrate on. Frontier have many and arguably it’s starting to show.

At this rate, Star Citizen will release
8kZafGL.gif

Of course it is NMS is a cartoon compared to EDO, but each to their own 🤷‍♂️

O7

Ship interiors.
Fix piracy - grappling hook would suffice along with higher "drop rate" for high value goods.
Fix smuggling - rebalanced rewards.
Optimise the game engine to run better. Not too much to ask.
Fix multiplay
Get rid of p2p in favour of a more modern server system.
More exploratory content across the board.
Fix law n order to make ganking almost impossible or self destructive namely perma notoriety ha.
And that's just some of the things that need doing.
Course this Is just my humble opinion and is not in any way suggestive on my part....lol

Aye but like preordering elite. Knowone learns from it. Pay to play has it's place. Firmly in the future. Because the studios publishers etc stand to make a killin

Top Bottom