If you could make one change to E:D

What wld it be?
Why would you change it?
And how would you change it?

Theres so much potential to the game, i cant even decide what i'd change.. maybe i'll post it later! Really curious on your takes!

dxm55

Banned
Either.

1) Getting rid of Witchspace and allow ultra-high C interstellar Supercruise at tens of thousands of Cs

or

2) Enable all FSDs to use all their fuel for jumps, rather than limiting it to a certain tonnage. So stupid.

or

3) Allowing us to choose which star to jump to in a binary/trinary/quaternary system.
So I don't have to jump in at freakin' A and SC to B or C, 100000Ls away. Borrrrrinnnnnggg......

Too many to list, but the #1 change, if I could go back in time and implement it, would be a complete revamp of the exploration mechanic so that the galactic map is hidden in a "fog of war" initially (out to some scanner range) and travelling to stars without navbeacons would be a difficult minigame. Explorers should then be able to drop a navbeacon for others to follow. Ships would also deteriorate over time so ships would need backup to push further and further into unexplored space.

Alas, this is one change which can't be retrofitted.

I'd do something with supercruise.
It's very boring.
I get the space is big argument, but this is also a video game, so I don't see the need to sit in supercruise with zero gameplay in most cases for 5+ minutes.
I'd love it to be a lot faster paced, if you wanted it to be (boost, or FSD engineering for supercruise speed instead of range). Or jump to other stars.
Maybe even add some sort of super luminal combat... SC capable missiles and mines mostly.
Also add some stealth mechanics to supercruise to allow sneaking.

I'd also change PowerPlay, to open Only.
And remove the modules, and stick them behind tech brokers. Powerplay rewards would be rare materials of all types, in increasing quantities the higher rank you go, as well as increase the credit payout.
Plus being in hostile space would actually be dangerous, with NPC's seeking to destroy you, just for being there.
And replace the silly leaflet gubbins with various types missions, where your rewards are simply merits.

I'd add procedural structure generation and apply it to almost everything. Result is every starbase, planetary port, megaship, installation or building set is unique to its location but seen the same by every player. Also influenced by the population size, creating bigger or smaller stations/ports from barebones to huge sprawls/behemoths.

Id remove the engineers. I hate to think of the dev time spent on it.
The engineers polluted every thing in the game from pvp to the bgs and if the dev time would have been spent, for instance on the bgs or on powerplay or any other in game feature we would have a much superior game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom