If you could make one change to E:D

Not sure if you're serious, or just having a mirthless joke while agreeing about the utter absence of the career path and my expectations for anything beyond mindless pew-pew.

combat in elite is not really only 'mindless pew-pew'. there are military vessels and several levels of danger, and different combat contexts, powerplay and also now scenarios (i confess i don't know either how exactly those work). i can agree that's not too nuanced and somehow mixed together, and while i'm not sure to grasp exactly what you mean (i've not played fe2 either), it's clear to me that the fact you can be allied with everyone while still blowing up everyone's stuff gets in the way. that always seemed off to me, and i might be wrong but i suspect that's intended: frontier simply does not want you to be able to plan and pursue destruction of factions with that level of liberty and efficiency in their galaxy. they have always been very reluctant to that. look at the mess simple ua hauling could get them into.

although bombing and surveillance runs do sound good, and unique tactics (specially if they affect ia behavior) too. just remembered that trailer with base assaults ...

combat in elite is not really only 'mindless pew-pew'.

Want to post more, but unable to so liking your post for now.. just want to clarify I guess that I don't mean to say "Pew Pew" is a mindless activity, rather "Doing pew pew over and over and over, with that as the only relevant activity, ad-nauseum" is mindless.

You can imagine my views of Powerplay aren't very savoury ;)

FDEV mentality:
I would change it so that they are more engaged with the community and accept new gameplay and features suggested here rather than adding things that no one asked and only few enjoy
What if I told you that the features and new game play that gets suggested here would only be enjoyed by a few and most people don't ask for it?

While I don't like everything FDEV added to the game, most of it is 1000 times better than the nonsense I've seen being posted on the forums. The only good stuff that gets suggested is usually already planned as future content.

What if I told you that the features and new game play that gets suggested here would only be enjoyed by a few and most people don't ask for it?

While I don't like everything FDEV added to the game, most of it is 1000 times better than the nonsense I've seen being posted on the forums. The only good stuff that gets suggested is usually already planned as future content.
True but my statement doesn't mean that they have to add all the garbage that we write here. They should pick up only the reasonable ones and most voted that can truly work with their design.

True but my statement doesn't mean that they have to add all the garbage that we write here. They should pick up only the reasonable ones and most voted that can truly work with their design.
I can't really think of something that everyone would agree with.
The new USS system or mining on the other hand is probably the best thing that was added to the game since a long time.

Can you name something that gets supported by a vast majority but isn't on their to do list yet?

Top Bottom