Any compensation incoming for non-exploiters?

I expanded on my post ... maybe it's more relevant to what you were saying?
I totally agree with your now edited post.
Deposits should not respawn before 3 or so hrs have passed. Making them instantly respawn is a glitch (that is why they try to patch it), which saves you a ton of time by not having to seek for depostis elsewhere (which is the intended gameplay). It is clearly an exploit.

...and to be frank, getting a compensation is not my goal here. I just have the inner urge to bring up subjects that are justice, ethos and behavior related. However weird that might sound to some..:p
similarly I think many must be using the exploit to 'stick it to the man' by gaining CR using a method that fdev didn't intend.

Maybe the exploiters are the ones who should be compensated - all those hours spent relogging / messing with SLF - can't have been much fun ;)

(and all they're left with is a pile of credits which are pretty useless 🤷‍♂️ )

If the game were more multiplayer-oriented (competitive in particular) I could agree with the argument that some sort of punishment/reward/correction was necessary. As the game currently stands, though, I'd argue fixing the exploits quickly (And correctly...) is enough.

Hello fellow commanders. The instantly replenishing LTD subsurface deposits mining frenzy is just the cherry on top of the general mining rewards fiasco (compared to other activities).
FDev trying hard to patch it, is a clear testament that its is NOT intended gameplay, and taking advantage of non-intended gameplay for personal benefit is the DEFINITION of exploiting.

So, as a loyal player with over 5500 hrs of non-exploitative gameplay and with hundreds of game extras purchased, I think I am entitled to ask a simple question to the developers:
Is there any compensation incoming to the people who chose to forfeit a tremendous in-game advantage and didn't exploit?
Or even, is there any penalty incoming to the ones who did exploit, and for example, earned themselves in a few days the luxury of buying and sustaining an FC for life?

I would really like to see FDev here not following the real life example that rewards exploiting and penalizes good ethos.
Thanks for your time.

Isn't knowing you're a good person enough?

10 X,s on the trot lol

There's also the issue that fleet carriers make it incredibly easy to "launder" money - if player A exploits the bug to obtain lots of LTDs, which they sell to player B's carrier at 750k, and then player B sells those LTDs on at 1M to a bunch of haulers in a system buying for 1.6M ... removing the money from player A doesn't help much, and removing it from the haulers will just cause confusion because they had no way to know it was 'dirty' ... unless, of course, player A was their alt.
I dont even see this as an "exploit" but intended game play Ive recently started an Alt Cmmdr and used the abilty to gift resources in return for them staying on my Carrier to help with refueling when I am not on board in a T9 i facilitated the purchase of , they need the funds to buy tritium (at high prices) to then donate to the carrier since its not possible to remote transfer yourself

Last edited:
I want 30 bilions and a free predator paintjob for incoming panther clipper...to not do the exploit!Otherwise i will exploit the exploit till its fully exploited...so no1 can do the exploit anymore...

Last edited:
10 X,s on the trot lol

I dont even see this as an "exploit" but intended game play Ive recently started an Alt Cmmdr and used the abilty to gift resources in return for them staying on my Carrier to help with refueling when I am not on board in a T9 i facilitated the purchase of , they need the funds to buy tritium (at high prices) to then donate to the carrier since its not possible to remote transfer yourself
I would feel exploity if I did it. The trouble is, FD have muddied the waters by setting up so many situations where relogging looks intended. I remember a couple of years ago they said they were aiming to have materials at places like Dav's "remember who had collected them". It's obviously proven too complex though.

I would have exploited the exploit until the number of credits I had would have been so exploitive that I could exploit the riches of those who exploited alongside me...

I just don't like mining much, an hour every month or so is fine... 🤷‍♂️

I want 30 bilions and a free predator paintjob for incoming panther clipper...to not do the exploit!Otherwise i will exploit the exploit till its fully exploited...so no1 can do the exploit anymore...

Step away from the Egg! No one need get harmed here, just step away from the Egg and we can negotiate!

med_1515415581_image.jpg

There's also the issue that fleet carriers make it incredibly easy to "launder" money - if player A exploits the bug to obtain lots of LTDs, which they sell to player B's carrier at 750k, and then player B sells those LTDs on at 1M to a bunch of haulers in a system buying for 1.6M ... removing the money from player A doesn't help much, and removing it from the haulers will just cause confusion because they had no way to know it was 'dirty' ... unless, of course, player A was their alt.
Solution: It would be relatively easy to determine automatically from the logs who has mined the same asteroid over and over in a short time span. It would also be quite easy to determine the yield obtained. Multiply by 1.2 million and deduct from player’s account. If player goes into debt, no rebuys or commodity purchases are possible until the debt has been paid. Sure, it is not removing all the profit made, but significantly reduces payout in comparison to legitimate mining and it protects traders that have no way of knowing where the goods came from.

So, as a loyal player with over 5500 hrs of non-exploitative gameplay and with hundreds of game extras purchased, I think I am entitled to ask a simple question to the developers:
Is there any compensation incoming to the people who chose to forfeit a tremendous in-game advantage and didn't exploit?
Or even, is there any penalty incoming to the ones who did exploit, and for example, earned themselves in a few days the luxury of buying and sustaining an FC for life?

I would really like to see FDev here not following the real life example that rewards exploiting and penalizes good ethos.
Thanks for your time.
So, you want to be compensated for not doing anything, while others used exploits? Now that's entitlement.

That's the most absurd and hilarious thing I saw this week.

10 X,s on the trot lol
So 10 is an exploit, but 9 isn't?

Getting just some of the people exploiting it and leaving others to keep their cash also isn't going to end up a great look.

If people go back and forth between two separate asteroids, does that get picked up because they never mined the same rock twice in a row? etc. etc.

Being able to transfer money to other players or offer services to other players for cash is absolutely not an exploit.

However, it can make it very hard to tell where the money from things which are exploits ends up. If the moral ends up being "do your exploits on an alt then launder the money through your main's fleet carrier" it's not really doing anything to discourage exploits.

Solution: It would be relatively easy to determine automatically from the logs who has mined the same asteroid over and over in a short time span. It would also be quite easy to determine the yield obtained. Multiply by 1.2 million and deduct from player’s account. If player goes into debt, no rebuys or commodity purchases are possible until the debt has been paid. Sure, it is not removing all the profit made, but significantly reduces payout in comparison to legitimate mining and it protects traders that have no way of knowing where the goods came from.
But, it also means that "exploit on an alt, give the money to main (and a few other random people to muddy the trail)" becomes a very simple meta to get out of it.

It'd work the first time, and then everyone inclined to exploiting would have learnt by the second one to cover their tracks marginally better.

You aren't going to get a bonus for playing as intended, nor should you.

This is why such cheats are so problematic and cannot be left unaddressed; they allow those willing to break the rules to play by a better set of rules, a set of rules that can become entrenched and shift both player expectations and future developer responses. At this point I think it's fair to say the entire course of the game has been shifted by Frontier's lack of foresight, iffy QA, and their unwillingness to clamp down on exploiters quickly and decisively enough.

All these evil exploiters have never once affected my own gameplay.

It's good that you can ignore the effects they have on the game, but plenty of others, who are taking advantage of more of the features the game has advertised and offered, are affected by these issues.

Top Bottom