Next dlc prediction?

Giant Otter, Sea Otter, North American River Otter, Asian Small Clawed Otter, Eurasian Otter, can we have them all!

When I said better, I meant better than the Giant Otter and not for the rest of the spieces.
I think that's what Bearcat was talking about, which animal is better between Asian small clawed and giant otter depends on the criteria for which you are ranking. This is where the subjectivity comes in. For me, I much prefer the giant otter over the small clawed, I find them a lot more unique and interesting than the small clawed (which just look like a generic otter to me, still cool, I just like giant species of anything).

I think that's what Bearcat was talking about, which animal is better between Asian small clawed and giant otter depends on the criteria for which you are ranking. This is where the subjectivity comes in. For me, I much prefer the giant otter over the small clawed, I find them a lot more unique and interesting than the small clawed (which just look like a generic otter to me, still cool, I just like giant species of anything).
Don't get me wrong. I'm still very excited for Giant Otters and I think they're still a really awesome addition to PZ. I just thought another species of Otter would of been more realistic and common in zoos, but since looking up some info there are Giant Otters in some zoos so my argument is closed.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17CG0FsYxO8

Last edited:
For me small clawed otters are just too small for planet zoo. But that is just my opinion.
River otter were always my first choice because they are so different from other otter species. Small clawed otter are basically the same as African, American or European otters. I could never fully understand the hype around this species. I liked it at zoo’s but was never too impressed by them.

Last edited:
Giant Otter is giant.
Hence better to spot from further away.
Hence better for Planet Zoo.

Other than that, I would have loved the Eurasian Otter.
Just because more European species are better for me. ;)

So if they announced the update today we can probably expect the new DLC announcement on Wednesday December 2nd, right?

or why not tomorrow?

Alternatively, why not Thursday - the Thursday before a Tuesday release was how they did the Australia pack (and revealed all the animals). - of course, that's not how they did the South American pack or Arctic pack, so there's no real pattern, here either. If it comes out the 8th, I think definitely we'll know something/everything in it over the next three days.

For me small clawed otters are just too small for planet zoo. But that is just my opinion.
River otter were always my first choice because they are so different from other otter species. Small clawed otter are basically the same as African, American or European otters. I could never fully understand the hype around this species. I liked it at zoo’s but was never too impressed by them.

"Too small" isn't a good position. Frontier also made JWE, where the compsognathus which is the size of a small chicken can exist next to the gigantic brachiosaurus. I'd rater not encourage that kind of opinion, because we'd end up missing out on some very obvious zoo animals (such as meerkats). More to the point, the pangolin is much smaller than a giant otter, and so is the ring-tailed lemur and the capuchin.

It will be interesting to see if the Giant otter (if we get it) in the end satisfy the community's need for an otter.
The reindeer didn't really seem to fulfill the need for a deer, the jaguar didn't seem to stop people from asking for more big cats. On the other hand one species of kangaroo/wallaby seems to be fine for the bigger part of the community (personally I hope to see more).

It will be interesting to see if the Giant otter (if we get it) in the end satisfy the community's need for an otter.
The reindeer didn't really seem to fulfill the need for a deer, the jaguar didn't seem to stop people from asking for more big cats. On the other hand one species of kangaroo/wallaby seems to be fine for the bigger part of the community (personally I hope to see more).

Hard to say, I think for the kangaroo, while it is not the most common species in zoos, it is certainly the most iconic one. With the otter I think the most iconic would be one of the smaller species, so I think we will still see people asking for it.

Cats are so popular that we will always see people asking for more and with the deer, well I have seen mostly people ask for a red deer to represent Europe and because it has a statue in game.

It's definitely nice to have AN otter, but I still want either (or both) the Asian Short Clawed and North American River Otters. Of course, having three otter species may not be likely, but hopefully in the future we'll get at least a second one.

It's definitely nice to have AN otter, but I still want either (or both) the Asian Short Clawed and North American River Otters. Of course, having three otter species may not be likely, but hopefully in the future we'll get at least a second one.

Otters really seem to get people excited, so I don't think it would be unlikely to see another in the future. Giant otters also have a quite different appeal than the other otters, so I don't think too many people would complain. Asian Short Clawed could fit well in a South-East Asia or Small Mammal DLC.

Top Bottom