1.2 + DK2 = unplayable

Since 1.2 update, ED is really unplayable with DK2. Massive sttutering everywhere, you get dizzy in less than 2 minutes :/

Fix this please

Since 1.2 update, ED is really unplayable with DK2. Massive sttutering everywhere, you get dizzy in less than 2 minutes :/

Fix this please

Second this. I really don't understand how it worked fine before an update and is broken with every major release. Waiting for 1.2.1 then :(

Completely different for me - it is immense so I am sorry to hear that its not working out for you.

I haven't seen it this smooth - ever, still running ultra 1440 equiv DSR, no bloom no shadows (because they are so jaggy in oculus even on ultra) no ambient occlusion.

No idea what the fps is but save for the stuttering you get near planets (known bug) it's bliss.

I don't know what to recommend though as it was working for me straight away and really well, really noticeable improvement.

Completely different for me - it is immense so I am sorry to hear that its not working out for you.

I haven't seen it this smooth - ever, still running ultra 1440 equiv DSR, no bloom no shadows (because they are so jaggy in oculus even on ultra) no ambient occlusion.

No idea what the fps is but save for the stuttering you get near planets (known bug) it's bliss.

I don't know what to recommend though as it was working for me straight away and really well, really noticeable improvement.

I have to say _my_ experience has been similar. Perhaps placebo effect, but I find that the game is much less "jaggery" since the update. In any cases, it's not worst than before.

(I7 / HD R9-290)

I also have massive amounts of judder everywhere in the game. Only when i move my head though. 1.1 only had judder while in fancy stations when i first start the game, and while flying close to a planet while in supercruise. 1.2 though has judder literally everywhere now. I've turned all my graphics setting to low/off and have even gone into Nvidia control panel and turned everything to performance. Nothing is getting rid of the judder.

Can you guys getting smooth gameplay post your system specs?

i7- 4770k
GTX 670ftw SLI
32gb ram

Judder is far worse for me as well. 1.1 I had nearly no issues. For 1.2, bad judder in busy systems, including solo play. In-station isn't so bad for me.

Last edited:
my opinion

better is space - Looks better than before

but
menus (like inside stations) are moving with me (when going to left side, to read a Little bit easier)

and worst of all - when looking arond - in 1.1.x the pictures were very smooth moving, now it´s tremble and getting a bit out of Focus

please fix :) (except the space lookalike)

greetings
Lutz

No significant change for me. Same stutter I always get near big planets in supercruise. Otherwise, it's the same. I do have a GTX 980 however.

No change here in performance, I did feel the stars looked slightly different but can't be sure

The biggest improvement I did see is real CMDRS I counted 14 in my system last night, all in wing groups of 3 or 4

One group was 3 Annacondas & 1 Vulture :eek: I was trying to fly casual but keeping my distance to get a look at that Vulture, didn't really want to upset those boys

Oh also got interdicted last night by NPC but they fly in wings now so only 3 sidewinders to deal with but a nice surprise

Sorry forgot my specs

Driver 347.52

I7 3770k
2x GTX 970 sli
16gb ram

Last edited:
This is all very odd... I was getting worse performance on the 1.2 Beta server than the 1.1 server, but since it went Live I'm getting the best performance yet. Aside from the unavoidable stutter near planets, the only other slowdown I'm having is in stations when other ships spawn and even then only for a few seconds.

I'm running Cpt.America's SweetFX settings from this thread:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=117345

Most of the tweaks from this thread:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=121355

And the crazy-sounding settings from this thread:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122451

I really hope performance issues get ironed out for everyone; 1.2 is the best E: D yet!

Karnath said:
I did feel the stars looked slightly different but can't be sure

I noticed it too. Near stars look like big fuzzy balls now... Not sure I like it.

Oh yeah, specs: i7 2600k @3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 970

I also have massive amounts of judder everywhere in the game. Only when i move my head though. 1.1 only had judder while in fancy stations when i first start the game, and while flying close to a planet while in supercruise. 1.2 though has judder literally everywhere now. I've turned all my graphics setting to low/off and have even gone into Nvidia control panel and turned everything to performance. Nothing is getting rid of the judder.

Can you guys getting smooth gameplay post your system specs?

i7- 4770k
GTX 670ftw SLI
32gb ram

Yeah no problem:

i5 2500k @ 4.8
8GB DDR3
Gigabyte G1 970 SLI
p8z68 gen3 (w/ latest bios)
Samsung 840 evo 250gb

windows 7 64b(latest update)
gpu driver version 347.52

oculus sdk vserion 1.5 (0.4.4)

sorry for the people with issues...... I didnt notice anything bad in my (albeit only 60mins) of gaming last night.

I wonder if there is a common piece of hardware causing issues

I5 2500k @ 4.3ghz
GTX 980OC
12gb ram
win 7 64bit
installed on slow eco 5200 splin speed HDD.

Game on full bubble but with blur off and shadows on medium..... I dont use supersampling of any type.

Last edited:
I noticed it too. Near stars look like big fuzzy balls now... Not sure I like it.

I raised this during beta but it was ignored. Please post a bug report over in the appropriate forum section and we can all second it, then hopefully FD will tweak things a bit.

Jumped in last night and didn't see any significant issues over previous versions. Stuttering actually seemed improved.

So it seems that you guys that have noticed no change - better are running newer video cards... maybe its just time for these 670s to go away. Its just odd that back with 1.1 i only got judder when i first loaded the game, and when flying past big planets. Now in 1.2 its everywhere all the time...

When does the titan X hit the shelves? :p

. Aside from the unavoidable stutter near planets, the only other slowdown I'm having is in stations when other ships spawn and even then only for a few seconds.
Saari. FYI, unparking my cpu cores completely eliminated all in-game cpu judder for me (i.e. planets loading in in SC, and game loading up next area during hyper jumps).

Ahh.. i thought I was going crazy. planets in their "white dot" stage before the planet actually loads DO look more like fuzzy balls now. I was pretty tired last night, so I just brushed it off. But yeah.. they look slightly different.

im also experiencing significant increase of judder in stations and SC since 1.2

playing on a slightly overclocked 980 at 1440p.

too bad

Top Bottom