Notice 1.4 Update delay for PS4

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Island Managers,

Due to the last minute discovery of a graphical bug during our internal checks, we have had to put a short delay on the PlayStation 4 release of the free 1.4 update. We believe the graphical problem would greatly affect the quality of the update, and your enjoyment of the new content, and felt it was important to make this difficult decision.

We are working hard to get this fixed as soon as possible and will provide you with a time frame very shortly.

The PC and Xbox One patches will still go live as planned. We sincerely apologize to PS4 players and we will keep you up to date about when you can expect to start the download.

hm ok iam so excited sitting here with my playstation online thinking it will come out in ten minutes lol its 12.54 in germany now

The update

Do you have any expectations of when the bug will be fixed? Or is it something that is out of your knowledge?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Do you have any expectations of when the bug will be fixed? Or is it something that is out of your knowledge?

We can't give a time frame currently. We're working to get it sorted ASAP so are hopeful for a quick turn around. We'll keep you updated as to when it will be available.

no time when it comes? unfair to paying customers

It is a pity and makes me a little angry that just once for the Ps4 again an update does not come. Surely there was enough time to test it, why are you discovering an error now? All Ps4 players were looking forward to today and the only thing we have to wait for is that it's really unfair and annoying, then they would have had to bring the update for ALL later. We are now left in the dark when it comes, although it is safe to see when it comes, simply to say we hurry up is not yet and paying customers unsatisfactory ... too bad ... really a pity

Greetings Island Managers,

Due to the last minute discovery of a graphical bug during our internal checks, we have had to put a short delay on the PlayStation 4 release of the free 1.4 update. We believe the graphical problem would greatly affect the quality of the update, and your enjoyment of the new content, and felt it was important to make this difficult decision.

We are working hard to get this fixed as soon as possible and will provide you with a time frame very shortly.

The PC and Xbox One patches will still go live as planned. We sincerely apologize to PS4 players and we will keep you up to date about when you can expect to start the download.

How does a thing like this not show up during tests, don't you guys test your own patches before putting it out for release ? Kinda hard to grasp that you discover something like this last minute, stream was what 2 weeks ago so what have the team been doing ? It was said then that the patch was being tested and such so obviously it hasnt been tested right or this would have been found sooner.

Feels Bad

It would not be a problem if you had said from Angang on it comes only a week later but everyone was looking forward to it and also paid a lot for the game, which ansich is great, no question but annoying it just if you are the Whole week is looking forward to today and then it will be disappointed. then rather say it comes on the 23 or so and is good.

Good that you don t release an update that still has problems. It still feels a little bit blegh that we have been waiting for this update a long time and then we hear last minute that only ps4 players will have to wait. I get that you don't want to give a timeframe if you have not clue but some form of time indication would be nice.

Can't wait

I see it, the more I wait, the more excited I get for it. Take your time on it guys, the more you work means the better the quality will be. Thanks for the heads up

I'm going to ask what everyone is thinking... Does Frontier "NEED" help... You have the biggest IP under your name by Universal and yet we are given so much in delays it's as if Dennis Nedry himself has projected himself into your development team.

giphy.gif

As a forum owner and news outlet at my website, my peeps want to know seriously. No run around, no thanks for consideration. Just be honest with us.

As John Hammond said, "I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask they pay for them."

So no one is blaming Frontier is you'd just be honest with the community at large, does Frontier Developments need help?

You've made Planet Coaster, Thrillvile 2, Thrillville, I've played them. They have wide more content so I know what you can offer. But honestly if you want make Jurassic World Evolution break barriers I'd say ask the community freelancers to join you.

You know how developers or gaming industry students would love to have the chance to even work on a JP game?

You could even partner up with DeviantArt or Twitch for a call of artists. See what they offer to make JWE even better. This game has plenty of room for updates and if you could get a think tank of devs from around the world, some who might even work for FREE just to have their name behind a game for a portfolio you could blow JWE out of it's slumber. And also get good press because you're allowing the community to help.

From all of us at Prime Geek Collectors

Thank you for your time.

Top Bottom