10 x CQC Elite

It is done.. and this is what 10 x CQC Elite rank looks like...

lNUWeS6.png

:coffee::alien:

Congrats

If this is 10 x Prestige (Elite) CQC, what was the value when it was 1 x CQC Prestige?

OP, give us some CQC pointers.

So if your win ratio is high enough it can be done with less than a quarter million kills. And people complain about the grind, I guess they really just want an "I win button". :p

Well done!

Congrats

If this is 10 x Prestige (Elite) CQC, what was the value when it was 1 x CQC Prestige?

OP, give us some CQC pointers.
1 Prestige in CQC is only about 270,000 XP... This is the amount of XP you need to get a permit to CQC Home World system in the main game.

CQC Elite rank is 3,685,000 XP, so over 13 times more than 1 Prestige.

I've now got 36,850,000 XP

Last edited:
I just fought you a couple days ago and now I see why I never took your shield down. How do you gain exp so fast? With a friend helping grind cqc it would still take years to get cqc elite and there is usually no one on (and no friend willing to waste that much time).

Also since you have the time and experience in CQC, do you think that adding bots would increase player interest and make it "playable"? I only play a few matches at a time and its either against a pro that i stand no chance against, or a new player that quits half way through the second match and then have to wait for another hour to find someone.

I just fought you a couple days ago and now I see why I never took your shield down. How do you gain exp so fast? With a friend helping grind cqc it would still take years to get cqc elite and there is usually no one on (and no friend willing to waste that much time).
CQC is quite dead since the Odyssey. Main reason is CQC players from Horizons and Odyssey cannot instance together, so it divided already small playerbase.

You still get a few hours of matches during the peak times (in Horizons, because Odyssey CQC is quite bad), but mind you will be playing against the veterans.

Let's hope FDevs with merge both at some point, because apart from different lighting effects it's the same game.

Last edited:
New ranks are not retroactive for most of the players.. but for some people they are. I noticed the same thing in other rankings like Exploration and Trade.. No consistency there from Frontier.
To me it looks like any advancement in the rank after launch of Odyssey is included in the prestige ranks, no matter if you gain it in Horizons or in Odyssey. Those ranks are shown only in Odyssey though. So if you've gained enough XP for 5 x Elite after Odyssey launch you should be Elite V.

When you are in Horizons CQC the new ranks I-V don't show. Only when you return to Odyssey CQC new ranks show.

So even when you are Elite V in Odyssey, in Horizons you will be only showing as Elite. It applies to CQC too.

When you play Horizons CQC you also progress with Odyssey CQC ranks, although without seeing that progress until you return to Odyssey.

I think Odyssey ranks should show also in Horizons even though people can't progress Mercenary and Exobiologist ranks until they purchase Odysssey.
Horizons only players (who didn't purchase Odyssey) should be able to progress their old ranks - Combat, Exploration, Trade, CQC to Elite I-V.
But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
CQC is quite dead since the Odyssey. Main reason is CQC players from Horizons and Odyssey cannot instance together, so it divided already small playerbase.

You still get a few hours of matches during the peak times (in Horizons, because Odyssey CQC is quite bad), but mind you will be playing against the veterans.

Let's hope FDevs with merge both at some point, because apart from different lighting effects it's the same game.
When is the ideal time for cqc (in game time)?

Other questions I'm beginning to think of are, would you personally be interested in fdev adding ai bots to the matches to play against or at least have a game mode option to play against them? And how many regular players do you see in cqc? I've never seen anyone more than once but havnt played that much. I'm really hoping to find enough interest and if done right maybe even get fdevs attention and fix cqc. I think even 500x the CR rewards would be very resonable if not higher.

I also would play CQC, I am semi pro. I will say a larger playerbase would be nice so I don't have to get my face smashed in by veterans

When is the ideal time for cqc (in game time)?

Other questions I'm beginning to think of are, would you personally be interested in fdev adding ai bots to the matches to play against or at least have a game mode option to play against them? And how many regular players do you see in cqc? I've never seen anyone more than once but havnt played that much. I'm really hoping to find enough interest and if done right maybe even get fdevs attention and fix cqc. I think even 500x the CR rewards would be very resonable if not higher.
On PC the peak time is around 18:00 - 21:00 game time, and queue for TDM mode (this mode seems the most popular these days). Important thing is to join CQC via Horizons because people don't normally play CQC via Odyssey.

DM mode is my favourite, but veterans don't want to play it for some reason ;)

In TDM you will face many veterans during the peak times and matches will be full so sometimes hard to get in (not because there are no matches). Just queue and hope somebody will crash to desktop (common thing).

Before the Odyssey release it wasn't unusual to see 3-4 matches full of people going on at the same time during the peak times, with matchmaker doing a bit better job by separating new players from veterans. But now due to low population the game will put everyone together in one match, so at least you have one.

I think CQC should have a training mode that allows you to explore all 4 arenas.

NPC AI cannot handle CQC combat, as it's more complex than just flying in open space.. In CQC you fly around and through the structures, use Power-Ups tactically as well.
And personally I don't think adding bots to CQC would be beneficial from gameplay perspective. It would only suit people who don't care about CQC and just want to grind rank without effort.

Top Bottom