100,000 CQC Kills

It is done. It was good fun.

fOoNCIK.png

No more goals for me.
Awesome

So, I just wanted to resurrect this thread for a moment to discuss an observation I made today.

I wanted to burn some time while waiting for a friend to get online, so I joined a DM, and no surprise - @MUSKETEER was in there with 7 other people including myself. Pretty easy 8-0-0 win with mostly reverski turreting in an... Eagle? I think you were in an Eagle. Most of the other people in there were super low rank newbies like me. Rank 11s and even some 2s and 3s. Anyway, match was over pretty fast, and we get booted to the main screen... and 5 people have already left. Like, they couldn't get out the door fast enough. Now it's just me, Musketeer, and some other dude who was rank 43 I believe.

This may have been a total coincidence, but I'm pretty sure they all left because they all got straight-up melted and ragequit. Most of them didn't even get a kill. And now we're down to 3 people, one of whom plays CQC every day of his life and just wrecks the entire field.

Now, I don't have a problem with Musketeer's skill. The man clearly has an excellent grasp of where to position himself on these maps, and his FA-off flying is terrific. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure no one else wanted to play any more for precisely this reason.

On one hand, I'm impressed by the skill on display. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the skill gap on display between someone like Musketeer and all the casuals in there for a bit of fun is why CQC is so dead. Nobody wants to just feed someone kills all day while either knowing (or not knowing) that it will take them months or even years to become as competent and deadly. I'm not blaming Musketeer for the state of CQC, but I can completely understand how coming up against someone like him as a new player could make someone walk away from the mode and never return out of sheer frustration.

Something to consider. As a totally new CQC player (and probably Elite player) with a rank of "1", the guy who died 8 times in that match and didn't score a single point simply never had a chance. His introduction to CQC was getting absolutely demolished, and I kinda feel bad for him. Not because he died a lot in a PvP mode, but because he will probably never come back for round 2. Which is why no one plays CQC, and chances are, I'll be up against Musketeer the next time I get a match.

So, I just wanted to resurrect this thread for a moment to discuss an observation I made today.

I wanted to burn some time while waiting for a friend to get online, so I joined a DM, and no surprise - @MUSKETEER was in there with 7 other people including myself. Pretty easy 8-0-0 win with mostly reverski turreting in an... Eagle? I think you were in an Eagle. Most of the other people in there were super low rank newbies like me. Rank 11s and even some 2s and 3s. Anyway, match was over pretty fast, and we get booted to the main screen... and 5 people have already left. Like, they couldn't get out the door fast enough. Now it's just me, Musketeer, and some other dude who was rank 43 I believe.

This may have been a total coincidence, but I'm pretty sure they all left because they all got straight-up melted and ragequit. Most of them didn't even get a kill. And now we're down to 3 people, one of whom plays CQC every day of his life and just wrecks the entire field.

Now, I don't have a problem with Musketeer's skill. The man clearly has an excellent grasp of where to position himself on these maps, and his FA-off flying is terrific. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure no one else wanted to play any more for precisely this reason.

On one hand, I'm impressed by the skill on display. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the skill gap on display between someone like Musketeer and all the casuals in there for a bit of fun is why CQC is so dead. Nobody wants to just feed someone kills all day while either knowing (or not knowing) that it will take them months or even years to become as competent and deadly. I'm not blaming Musketeer for the state of CQC, but I can completely understand how coming up against someone like him as a new player could make someone walk away from the mode and never return out of sheer frustration.

Something to consider. As a totally new CQC player (and probably Elite player) with a rank of "1", the guy who died 8 times in that match and didn't score a single point simply never had a chance. His introduction to CQC was getting absolutely demolished, and I kinda feel bad for him. Not because he died a lot in a PvP mode, but because he will probably never come back for round 2. Which is why no one plays CQC, and chances are, I'll be up against Musketeer the next time I get a match.
While a lot of what you write is true, especially for newbs who never read here, I can say I always go after Musketeer if I meet him in CQC, and in the rare instance I blow him up
that makes me more proud then winning a round. Same with Solsti, blastard, Ian, Leo and some others who absolutely wreck me in CQC.

While a lot of what you write is true, especially for newbs who never read here, I can say I always go after Musketeer if I meet him in CQC, and in the rare instance I blow him up
that makes me more proud then winning a round. Same with Solsti, blastard, Ian, Leo and some others who absolutely wreck me in CQC.
No doubt. But people like us who regard being repeatedly exploded as a learning opportunity are few and far between.

No doubt. But people like us who regard being repeatedly exploded as a learning opportunity are few and far between.
It isn't so bad... Play game, maybe get a few good shots in, be blown up a lot, be marginally better next time. More attitude than anything else, I don't think I've been an any more than 2 or 3 matches where the majority were not prestige ranks, but even I think "They were beginners once", shrug, and come back for more. But maybe as I'm not one who considers PvP as anything special, arena play is simply just a romp rather than an 'epeen' contest :)

Thx man.
There is just not enough people playing CQC so the game puts all ranks in one match. What can you do when everyone wants to play?
In my defence I can say I focus on the most experienced players, so veterans are always busy with me, some of them don't like it and quit. When there are no veterans in the game then I shoot at whoever appears on my screen until I get bored.

As for Eagle.. all noobs like to charge at it and they die in the process one by one as they line up for the slaughter... Reverski? in case of eagle in cqc quite true as you have to try to keep multiple foes front of you and it cannot boost often and turns like a brick. Despite that Eagle is an OP ship in the arena with powerful weapons, good shields and armour and heat sinks, requires no skill to do well in it and I generally despise it... I fly it sometimes when I get bored or when some other veterans use them. My main ships that I spend 98% of my time are Imperial Fighter and Condor.

Top Bottom