Patch Notes Update Powerplay Beta 8 changelog - beta servers down for approximately two hours

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

EDIT - servers are due to be down for a little while longer until approximately 2PM.

The servers will be down for approximately two hours from 12:00PM (midday) BST, to allow us to update to Powerplay Beta 8.

Here's a list of the changes:

- Fixed a crash with trade vouchers, this change should fix a similar crash with bounty vouchers
- Avoid crashing if we try to open the system map before the system request has completed
- Don't crash if the missions file we've loaded hasn't got an archetype specified
- Fix maths error when entering station services
- Players without at least a rank 2 in any of the elite ranks are not allowed to pledge
- Added correct Military Rank Mission target to player events and Supercruise
- Fix missing Diamondback Explorer loading screen model
- Enable new newsfeed
- Added images for news items
- Lowered the percentage chance of power ships choosing to interdict
- Upped the value of total global bounty needed to make Bounty Hunters attack after a KW scan
- Drastically upped the total global bounty needed to cause a hitman to stalk the player
- AFM can now repair the tiny hardpoint shield booster
- Reduce chance of pirates/bounty hunters interdicting the player in anarchy systems when the player is low ranked
- Various fixes to get founder decal working
- When searching for a partial name match in the galaxy, sort the results before retuning
- Blacklisted systems are now hidden in the galaxy map power view
- Items shown for livery slots should always be sorted alphabetically in outfitting

And the serverside changes:

- Completing trade missions will advance trade rank
- Modules sell for the full price paid for them
- Fix for rearming repair modules

Thanks everyone,

Ed

Last edited:
A cool I remember that from 1.20x

- AFM can now repair the tiny hardpoint shield booster

Interesting

- Enable new newsfeed

Don't suppose we could know this figure ?

- Upped the value of total global bounty needed to make Bounty Hunters attack after a KW scan

What level of bounty is "safe" to hide out in a different system with so as to not worry about Bounty Hunters?
Or is it a variable level so one bounty hunter might not bother where as another might?

Last edited:
- Reduce chance of pirates/bounty hunters interdicting the player in anarchy systems when the player is low ranked

Are you serious?

Pirates are not going for easy targets in Anarchy systems?

Erm Elite Dangerous

Roll that change back ;)

Thanks for the fixes!

Last edited:
Hey guys, can anyone confirm what the turret action is (set to target only), when a target is hostile to you (red) but you haven't had chance to scan it yet for wanted status and the turrets open fire on it within weapons range but outside of scanner range (angle)? Keep getting pesky assault charges as ship hasn't had chance to confirm wanted status.

Further changes to how people manage turrets:

• Turrets not in a firegroup won't do anything.
  • Turrets in Fire at Will cannot commit Assault.
  • Turrets in Fire at Will won't fire at illegal targets.
  • Target Only is now a manual/latched fire mode, and can be used on illegal targets.
  • Fix a non-deterministic 1-frame lag in weapons fire.
  • Remove the crime exception for point defence guns as they're now covered under the above rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you serious?

Erm Elite Dangerous

Roll that change back ;)

Thanks for the fixes!

want the thrill of pirates then rank up :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

The servers will be down for approximately one hour from 12:00PM (midday) BST, to allow us to update to Powerplay Beta 8.

Here's a list of the changes:

- Modules sell for the full price paid for them

Thanks everyone,

Ed

So the 10% loss in selling modules is no more?

Javert

Volunteer Moderator
So the 10% loss in selling modules is no more?

It's been reversed for now, but they said that they still think there should be a penalty of some kind for swapping modules. I guess they will might come back with a similar but different proposal later on. They also said that this is a point of contention even within the dev team (David Braben mentioned this on his Q&A yesterday).

Last edited:
Reduce chance of pirates/bounty hunters interdicting the player in anarchy systems when the player is low ranked
I also don't agree with this, its an anarchy system, its meant to be dangerous.
If low level players keep getting interdicted in these types of system more than others, players will soon learn the difference.

Otherwise nice, thanks for the fixes.

- Completing trade missions will advance trade rank

Ed
Nice change, can you please clarify the following though?

Do smuggling missions advance your trade rank?
Do go buy and fetch me missions advance your trade rank?

Do find "x" and bring them too me missions advance your exploration rank?

Are you serious?

Erm Elite Dangerous

Roll that change back ;)

Thanks for the fixes!

But is is to stop Bounty Hunters committing assault and murder in order to claim a 200 CR bounty, which surely makes sense on a purely economic sense.
A player wouldn't shoot a clean target to claim a 200 cr bounty in another system if it caused a hold heap of legal troubles in the system they are in

Nice change, can you please clarify the following though?

Do smuggling missions advance your trade rank?
Do go buy and fetch me missions advance your trade rank?

Do find "x" and bring them too me missions advance your exploration rank?

I think smuggling does. Anyway you can test that when it's released. As you'll see your % in that rank increase.

but 'find x and bring them to me', if x is a commodity, has nothing to do with exploration. In fact, no mision at the moment are exploration related.
You need to go explore and sell data for that.

Last edited:
Another update! Great again for the high-speed frequency with which the updates come now! I suspect the full release of Powerplay is not too far away, now! ;)

- Players without at least a rank 2 in any of the elite ranks are not allowed to pledge
Interesting. Is this to prevent some kind of exploit?

- Enable new newsfeed
Yes! Been waiting for this! :)

Don't know which items these are but more images and visualizations are always welcome!

- Lowered the percentage chance of power ships choosing to interdict
- Drastically upped the total global bounty needed to cause a hitman to stalk the player
Some nice tweaking here. I especially find the last point intriguing. Some peace loving folks will be very happy about that :D

One little suggestion, though: wouldn't it be interesting to incorporate the trade rank as well when calculating the risk of being interdicted by pirates? Shouldn't a high trade rank implicate a juicer target?

- Blacklisted systems are now hidden in the galaxy map power view
I seem to have missed something. What are "blacklisted" systems? Systems with a black market?

Last edited:
How is the rank counted?

Harmless = 0
or
Harmless = 1 (That would be a little to easy) Some Success should be there.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom