1g Dogfight tournament

Hi cmdrs,

I was thinking about some air to air 1v1 combat tournament, but located within the atmosphere of a 1g gravity planet, with a bit of topography maybe.

Now since I'm pretty new to the game, I imagine each and every idea might have already been done in the past, or that this is actually an usual thing I'm not aware of?

But in the case it is not, this could be great to come and see pilots dogfighting vanilla Cobras or Sidewinders in an environment somewhat similar to old Hearth, like a tribute to those old fighter plane pilots jousting despite Gs effects.

What do you seasonned players (and my fellow noobs too) think about the limitations of such an idea?

I'd picture this as a tournament in which the winner would participate the next duel until one remains, and it would be great if people could watch this from the ground. Both spectacular and full of teachings, for those watching Elites being Dangerous, performing manoeuvers close to a ground surface.

1g landable atmospheric planets are pretty rare - the high gravity means that if they have atmospheres they tend to have much thicker atmospheres than we can currently visit - but they do exist.

Not aware of anyone running this sort of event right now - go for it!

This one might be a decent candidate if you were to organise something: relatively close to Sol, fairly close to the arrival star, 1.08G, thin atmosphere, various surface settlements, plus you might be able to find something interesting with the volcanism.

1g landable atmospheric planets are pretty rare - the high gravity means that if they have atmospheres they tend to have much thicker atmospheres than we can currently visit - but they do exist.

Not aware of anyone running this sort of event right now - go for it!

This one might be a decent candidate if you were to organise something: relatively close to Sol, fairly close to the arrival star, 1.08G, thin atmosphere, various surface settlements, plus you might be able to find something interesting with the volcanism.
Thanks for your insights, I'm going to look at this planet, and think a bit more about this idea, since I've never organised events yet.

Top Bottom