News 2.3 Dev Update

Indeed, and unfortunately FD are now doing all they can to remind us of that fact - having previously tried to straddle the simulation genre too (with no small amount of success I might add). The game used to be about you flying around the galaxy in a space ship, creating your own story. In VR you could actually believe you were there.

The way this "multi crew" has been implemented completely breaks that fourth wall. And that's a real shame. :(
Maybe I'm too dumb, but I don't get it. To me I am flying around he universe, and the crew will probably be an avatar-like simulacrum. If your perception is different that's your issue. The passion with which you argue your point almost makes it seem like a fact but it isn't. It's merely your perception which is, after all the thing you bring to the 'game'..

Fly safe cmdrs

Any chance of mega ships that are constantly moving around systems which you can dock and depart from? A Galactic bus service or sorts? I think explorers would love this. Or is this in the new patch? thanks

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the FDev staff who have to wade through this intense whinging on a daily basis - I'd probably resign if it were a job given to me.

It's a space game - it's a bit of fun.

They have a road map that we don't know, just let them do it, and the strategy (or folly) will become clear in time.

^^^ THIS. Repped when I get home.

I feel sorry for the FDev staff who have to wade through this intense whinging on a daily basis - I'd probably resign if it were a job given to me.

They have a road map that we don't know, just let them do it, and the strategy (or folly) will become clear in time.

Yeah ... well said.

Agree.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with either the character creator or Multi-Crew. This is how a game should work. Features and options, that's another question. I know I won't use Multi-Crew much because I'm not interested in multiplayer but there could be some occasions when a friend would like to show me another part of the galaxy or vice versa and that's a great tool for that. And the character creator is awesome, some of the best I've seen in games. No problems there. I really welcome the new camera system, too.
Nonsense. Some of these decisions clearly don't follow any consistent roadmap. There's a schism in the decisionmaking and it's leading to terrible choices, like this one:
All bounties and vouchers that the helmsman (ship owner) receives are duplicated for each crewmember, making multicrew a great way to have fun with friends without missing out on money-making opportunities.
It's inconsistent and caters to a philosophy strongly at odds with the core gameplay. In short, roadmap, my backside. It's a gimmick. Another great idea distributed in MVP format with minimal comprehension or care for how it fits into the core of the gameplay that got ED off the ground to begin with.

Last edited:
If no "Save Preset" function will be available for "Holo-me" avatars after release, what about give us "SEED" function? So we can save and share faces in other ways.

I was going to ask about saving the avatar from beta, but it looks like that been covered, and is not going to happen. I'm not sure I can be bothered to spend the time to recreate it in the live game. Between all the grind just to improve the player, it's just one more time sink I don't already have enough time for.
So at that point the avatar is a bust for me, I'll just leave it at whatever constitutes as default.

Please just add quest sharing so friends can play together In their own ships without all having to have started in the same place and have the same rep levels at the same time. Quest sharing is the one biggest feature that would make some of us come back. We want to play with our friends that's the fun of co op multiplayer but it's virtually impossible unless you only play the game together all the time.

I have just screenshot saved all of the avatar creation screens from beta, when 2.3 lands just replicate what you used in beta.

Problem solved.

I was thinking the same for mine. Would be nice if it was transferable in the user profile, like the hud colours and joystick config.

I have just screenshot saved all of the avatar creation screens from beta, when 2.3 lands just replicate what you used in beta.

Problem solved.

Hopefully anyone who has anything to 'save' does so now, as once the update goes live this week you won't be able to get back into the Beta to take the screenshots.

We are being given assets early in the grand scheme of development and you have the audacity to complain about incomplete or unbalanced mechanics after you have demanded constant content updates..? What a joke... go watch the future of ED video on YouTube... this is what the people involved in development want to see in the game... they could have decided to go with a slower release schedule for larger updates but decided to give us updates more frequently allowing us to experience new game mechanics before they are fully integrated in to Grand scheme of the ED galaxy...

Multicrew Additional Ideas

Is it or will it be possible in the near future to allow myself to join a friends ship, but to also purchase an AI CMDR of my choosing Price/EXP and have my ship follow in a wing and attack the targets myself and my friend attack etc.....

I think this feature will allow you and your friends to traverse the galaxy better but allows for much more fun....clearly my idea is open to interpretation & change.

Is it or will it be possible in the near future to allow myself to join a friends ship, but to also purchase an AI CMDR of my choosing Price/EXP and have my ship follow in a wing and attack the targets myself and my friend attack etc.....

I think this feature will allow you and your friends to traverse the galaxy better but allows for much more fun....clearly my idea is open to interpretation & change.

^ NPC wings ... has been requested by quite a few people, quite a few times. No news at the moment though.

that would be the dream. npc crew and wingmates were both detailed in the DDF and for me would represent the biggest improvement FD could make to elite (assuming they have depth with interesting ways to get them and lose them like in the DDF).

one day.............. fingers crossed.

Last edited:
that would be the dream. npc crew and wingmates were both detailed in the DDF and for me would represent the biggest improvement FD could make to elite (assuming they have depth with interesting ways to get them and lose them like in the DDF).

one day.............. fingers crossed.
Well...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mad Mike again.

Top Bottom