2.3 Update

I was under the impression when I bought this game for me and my friend that is was easy to play with a friend, as it states "Co-op and MMO".

This was kind of true, I could wing up with my good friend and we fly around and go about our business. However, the wing system did not work well most of the time and there was not way to share missions.

This made it more trouble to play together than it was worth, there was not much reason to play together because there was no way to progress or help each other on missions.

I decided to wait for multicrew. Since that was the true multiplayer or coop experience within the same ship, that suited us perfectly. My friend prefers to shoot and I prefer to drive anyways.

Last night on the release of the 2.3 Commanders update we logged in for the first time in a few months to test this new ability to really play together and play cooperatively at last.

I scooped up a mission at the dock, invited him to the crew and off we went to the first mission.

I cannot select a cooperative free roam without penalties? My friend joins my ship, is unable to gather reputation for our travels and missions? Why? This is the choice of the pilot to join my ship, we should be able to play how we enjoy it should we not?

I set down on the planet where we needed to destroy a power grid and went ahead to have my friend deploy the SRV while I watched over my helm in the space cow.

But crap, I forgot that he needed the same mission so we could both gather the reward. But, I cannot share the mission. Hell, it is a slim chance we can even see the same missions for grabs at the same time in the same station half the time.

But wait, the SRV bay is grayed out. I search the forums to find that it is disabled? One of the most interesting activities is disabled for both him and ME as the captain of the ship?

I regain altitude so that he can deploy the fighter, he zooms ahead and BOOM! He is kicked from the session with a message that reads:

---------------------
"WARNING

Due to illegal activity aboard the owner's ship, you have been automatically kicked from the session.
Illegal behavior is being monitored."

---------------------

At this point I went ahead and exited the game.

1. Penalties for joining friends ship, no free true cooperative multi crew option.
2. No mission share.
3. Cannot use SRV cooperatively in the same session.
4. Kicked from session for doing something "illegal" without any choice in the matter.

Why even call it coop? This is very disappointing.

Top Bottom