General / Off-Topic 2020: COVID is not the worst part for me.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
January 28th.

I had to say goodbye to my little dog, Fudge.

I've been on a downward spiral since. I've not touched my guitar, and I've given up on everything I've been working towards.

I've never been so unhappy.

This is what happens when you lose the pet that saved your life.

This is just a vent. I'm depressed. I'm not angry. Just really sad.

Truth be told, I'm not even bothered by everything else this year.

Part of me truly died on January 28th, 2020. I don't think I'm going to recover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 110222

D
And clearly my memory is playing tricks on me.

January 28th. Just checked my calendar.

I'm a mess.

Loosing a pet is a sad thing. You are young and unless you choose never to have another, you will find that the good times, out weigh the bad times. Over the decades, I have lost 3 dogs and number of cats and each loss has been hard to take. Too be callous, there is a way to reduce the heart break. With my last two dogs, I got another, before the older dog passed away. This sort of gave a new lease of life to the older dogs, they both perked up, became more energetic and I would say, lived longer than expected. The second dog, also gives comfort and naturally replaces the lost one. Yes there is still grief and a lot of sadness, but dogs being intuitive as they are, they feel your vibes and will offer comfort, at just the right moments, to help you get though.

You must get rid of things like food bowls, collars, leads and favourite toys, I buried them with the dogs. Maybe keep something small as a keep-sake, but the other reminders laying around, just prolong the agony, each and every time to see them. Photos are good, because they offer reminders of good times. I would get another dog, unless you are going to commit to being pet free for the rest of your life. I would not get the same type, or colour, if you insist on getting the same breed. That way, when you look back in decades time, each dog will be remembered as an individual.

As I said before: The moments of pleasure and joy, far outweigh the grief at the end.

Loosing a pet is a sad thing. You are young and unless you choose never to have another, you will find that the good times, out weigh the bad times. Over the decades, I have lost 3 dogs and number of cats and each loss has been hard to take. Too be callous, there is a way to reduce the heart break. With my last two dogs, I got another, before the older dog passed away. This sort of gave a new lease of life to the older dogs, they both perked up, became more energetic and I would say, lived longer than expected. The second dog, also gives comfort and naturally replaces the lost one. Yes there is still grief and a lot of sadness, but dogs being intuitive as they are, they feel your vibes and will offer comfort, at just the right moments, to help you get though.

You must get rid of things like food bowls, collars, leads and favourite toys, I buried them with the dogs. Maybe keep something small as a keep-sake, but the other reminders laying around, just prolong the agony, each and every time to see them. Photos are good, because they offer reminders of good times. I would get another dog, unless you are going to commit to being pet free for the rest of your life. I would not get the same type, or colour, if you insist on getting the same breed. That way, when you look back in decades time, each dog will be remembered as an individual.

As I said before: The moments of pleasure and joy, far outweigh the grief at the end.
I have the photos of my lost companions posted on the wall. I see them everyday for years, and I hope until the end of my life.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I know I'm normally a sarcastic poster but I promise you this is a true story.

When I met my partner she had recently moved into a new place, the old tenant had left a fish tank with 2 goldfish in it. She dutifully took care of them, they were named Ronnie and Reggie. Over some time, Reggie became the bigger fish and poor Ronnie just faded. He eventually died.

What I didn't know about goldfish is, they can live up to 25 years. Anyway, several house moves later, we had now owned Reg for 10 or so years. He developed this tumour on the side of his head. He was a fantail gold fish, I suppose he was around 8-9 inches long, head to tail, this tumour just grew and grew in a matter off weeks. We did research but what can you do? We did phone a vet but they were fairly unwilling to look at him. One morning we looked in the tank and the tumour had come off leaving a gaping hole in his head. He was clearly struggling to swim now. I did some more research and I found out the best way to kill him was to put him in a smaller container then add something like dissolvable pain killers into the water. Apparently it very slowly takes the oxygen out of the water and they just drift into death.

It was absolutely heartbreaking. I was crying like a child. A bloody fish!

We gave him a Viking funeral, we took his body down the river, I had made a little raft and we put it on the water and set fire to it. We watched go up the river and just about sink on the bend.

I still think about that fish. It feels daft but it isn't.

When I met my partner she had recently moved into a new place, the old tenant had left a fish tank with 2 goldfish in it. She dutifully took care of them, they were named Ronnie and Reggie. Over some time, Reggie became the bigger fish and poor Ronnie just faded. He eventually died.

What I didn't know about goldfish is, they can live up to 25 years. Anyway, several house moves later, we had now owned Reg for 10 or so years. He developed this tumour on the side of his head. He was a fantail gold fish, I suppose he was around 8-9 inches long, head to tail, this tumour just grew and grew in a matter off weeks. We did research but what can you do? We did phone a vet but they were fairly unwilling to look at him. One morning we looked in the tank and the tumour had come off leaving a gaping hole in his head. He was clearly struggling to swim now. I did some more research and I found out the best way to kill him was to put him in a smaller container then add something like dissolvable pain killers into the water. Apparently it very slowly takes the oxygen out of the water and they just drift into death.

We gave him a Viking funeral, we took his body down the river, I had made a little raft and we put it on the water and set fire to it. We watched go up the river and just about sink on the bend.

A beautiful story told by a sensitive man and friend of animals.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I bought a new plant for my tropical tank, didn't wash it properly and popped it in. The shop must have used an anti-snail treatment that was still on it and all my armano shrimp started fainting. They'd shiver then fall off whatever they were sitting on and lie there twitching.

So I fished them out and popped them in a bowl of fresh water, and they all lay there twitching I kept switching the water and kept it oxygenated by blowing into it through a straw.

Meanwhile Mrs Stigbob removed the new plant, and replaced two thirds of the water in the main tank. This took about half an hour.

The shrimps gradually stopped twitching and started scooting around then all sat on the straw. We popped the least twitchy one back in and observed no ill effects so returned them all.

They were fine afterwards other than they all turned opaque rather than being transparent some of them lived for years.

Mouth to mouth resuscitation for shrimps.

Beautiful story. (y)

Crevette.jpg

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I bought a new plant for my tropical tank, didn't wash it properly and popped it in. The shop must have used an anti-snail treatment that was still on it and all my armano shrimp started fainting. They'd shiver then fall off whatever they were sitting on and lie there twitching.

So I fished them out and popped them in a bowl of fresh water, and they all lay there twitching I kept switching the water and kept it oxygenated by blowing into it through a straw.

Meanwhile Mrs Stigbob removed the new plant, and replaced two thirds of the water in the main tank. This took about half an hour.

The shrimps gradually stopped twitching and started scooting around then all sat on the straw. We popped the least twitchy one back in and observed no ill effects so returned them all.

They were fine afterwards other than they all turned opaque rather than being transparent some of them lived for years.

When my circus gold fish died when i was 4 I was in mourning for weeks so my parents panicked and never got me a dog. Its one of those hard fact s of life that biological lifeform dies. Now it could be argued I am experiencing a 'living death' but thats a oither issue. What I dont get is how 'celebrities' death that they have never met attract more attention than someones own family member. Or during someones life they will shut out that person. ie 'You are dead to me' I panicked this year when I realised I was the same age as Keith Flint rip@49 and had been living a similar hedonistic life style with wild parties.

I can completely relate to this, I've had several dogs throughout the years, and each one that already died it left a hole in my life. 2 of the 3 dogs I have now are already senior, and when I look at them I already dread the day they will also die. It pains me that they live for so little time. Best we can do it treasure their companionship while they live.

Deleted member 257907

D
January 28th.

I had to say goodbye to my little dog, Fudge.

I've been on a downward spiral since. I've not touched my guitar, and I've given up on everything I've been working towards.

I've never been so unhappy.

This is what happens when you lose the pet that saved your life.

This is just a vent. I'm depressed. I'm not angry. Just really sad.

Truth be told, I'm not even bothered by everything else this year.

Part of me truly died on January 28th, 2020. I don't think I'm going to recover.

I still get sad when look at pictures of my cat died 7 year ago.
Try not think about. don't have dog picture as screensaver etc.

Condolences.
It took us 12 years to get another dog after our golden died. It was too painful.
This one has stolen our hearts more, I didn't know that was possible.
I can't even think about her passing.

Top Bottom