25 words or less sell me PA's

I didn't get on with them when I first tried them in my courier back in the day, but I came back to them in the last couple of weeks with a krait and oh baby.
Three large beams on top for my main gun, and two medium PAs. The krait's distro can handle that load happily. Running efficient beams means I'm often flying at sub-km ranges so hitting things isn't a problem. They're fantastic for trashing medium/large ships while the beams carve up anything that's too small to effectively hit with PAs.
I haven't discount the PAs, I just haven't found a use for them although I am considering using one on the large HP on the Corvette. Because of the placement of that HP, I don't get to use it much so throwing a PA there wouldn't be a big impact if it doesn't work out in a battle.

I know some portion of their damage is explosive, but I dunno if that translates to AoE damage to internal modules the way that high yield shell cannons and penetrator dumbfires get.

I hope the OP doesn't mind but I have a question about the PA's: what is the preferred engineering mod and experimental for the PA?

Also remember that most players fly like total spoons- i.e. straight lines, predictable paths making landing shots much easier than with NPCs that can be more unpredictable.

So I suppose its also another lesson to learn- don't fly like a spoon and people will have a harder time landing PA on you.

I hope the OP doesn't mind but I have a question about the PA's: what is the preferred engineering mod and experimental for the PA?

Efficient, most of the time.
But if hitting the target is problematic, Focused will help alot since it will dramatically increase the projectile speed
Experimentals: Plasma Slug for obvious and less obvious reasons, otherwise Dispersal field, Target lock breaker, phasing - it really depends but usually a good mix is preferably unless plasma slugs are favored...

I didn't bother with plasma slug on mine since by the time I've burned through a hundred shots I'm ready to take a break anyway. How much fuel do they use per shot?
Not entirely sure and I couldn't find the numbers anywhere, let's just say that I get bored waaay before my standard fuel tank on the Vulture empties.

If I get a hit with them I’m dancing in my seat. Maybe that’s partly because I still don’t know exactly how to aim them, I’m just assuming I’m leading the target with the reticule that bobs about 1000m in front of the target.

I went with APAs and then ditched them for bog standard PAs....but as mentioned above, I’m a PA noob.

Not entirely sure and I couldn't find the numbers anywhere, let's just say that I get bored waaay before my standard fuel tank on the Vulture empties.
Hmm. And since I'm using two on a krait with a size 5 tank, compared to the vulture's size 3...
Only downside is that the krait's built as a "fly 200ly and kick the backside of that guy over there" ship so I'd have to go and refuel before the fight.

Slow, SLOW, S-L-O-W projectile speed. Only useful vs large targets. I had more fun with dumbfires really. At least you see where they're going - only cannons are worse.
Luckily Frontier always consider the useless longevous muppets errr less skilled players, ergo....LONG RANGE FTW!!!

Incidentally, I'm one of those who definitely needs the crutch of increased shot speed with PA's - certainly against anything small - as I've had to dust off my old budget Thrustmaster because my neglected t16000 is now about as steady on the yaw axis as Mel Gibson's hands each morning (I'm implying he's an alcoholic, btw...allegedly!).

Oh & before the judgement begins...you try using a TM Hotas-X with fixed weapons.

Top Bottom