Discussion 3.7 VoiceAttack Profile Sharing. (EDDI / bindED)

As yianniv has already pointed out, you can use EDDI on it's own, BUT, there is a much sweeter way to have both EDDI & Voice attack for multiple commanders on the same pc.

Lets assume you have three commanders who all wish to have their own Voice attack Profile, then we would use the Voice Attack command 'Switch to another profile'.

I wrote a tutorial a few years back called 'Switching Profiles In Voice Attack Made Easy...'

After reading the tutorial, replace the Voice Attack profile names (Trader, Pirate, Exploror) that I used as an example to say, different commander names.

The Voice Attack 'Bridge Profile' as used in my tutorial is your main Voice Attack Profile OK, this profile will hold all the common ship commands that all your ALT commanders will use, like 'Lights On/Off'', "Speed to 100 Percent" etc, so no need to duplicate these commands in your ALT commanders profiles.

For extra realism, you could put inside the 'Bridge Profile' - "Commander <insert name here> on deak' and voice attack will switch to the corresponding Voice Attack Profile for that particular commander!. It's that easy once you understand how to have Voice Attack switch profiles on-the-fly!
I understand switching profiles for different CMDRs, but how do you then get EDDI to listen to each CMDR's different journal files?

I understand switching profiles for different CMDRs, but how do you then get EDDI to listen to each CMDR's different journal files?

Eddi on it's own I run with the runas command, since my alts use different windows users. I've not used VA for a while, but I'd use the same method.

As I mentiioned, I've created one windows user for each commander I use. And I've created shortcuts, that run under those windows credentials, for the 3rd party programs (EDMC, EDDI) that I use for them. ED runs the same way, different shortcuts. The easiest way to test this is to hold the left shift while you right click on the EDDI shortcut, and choose "run as a different user" from the menu that will come up. That is assuming you'll use my method and create additional windows users beforehand.

EDDiscovery is simpler, it has the ability to switch between different player profiles.

So, my main physically logged in user runs my main commander without any shortcuts. It uses Firefox for the EDDI/EDMC/ED sign ins. I use Edge for the second alt and chrome for the third. You get used to it ;)

As an example, the ED shortcut for my 1st alt has this in its Target field (the windows user is called Player)
C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:player /savecred "C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\EDLaunch.exe"

As I mentiioned, I've created one windows user for each commander I use. And I've created shortcuts, that run under those windows credentials, for the 3rd party programs (EDMC, EDDI) that I use for them. ED runs the same way, different shortcuts. The easiest way to test this is to hold the left shift while you right click on the EDDI shortcut, and choose "run as a different user" from the menu that will come up. That is assuming you'll use my method and create additional windows users beforehand.

EDDiscovery is simpler, it has the ability to switch between different player profiles.

So, my main physically logged in user runs my main commander without any shortcuts. It uses Firefox for the EDDI/EDMC/ED sign ins. I use Edge for the second alt and chrome for the third. You get used to it ;)

As an example, the ED shortcut for my 1st alt has this in its Target field (the windows user is called Player)
C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:player /savecred "C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\EDLaunch.exe"
I have exactly the same setup! I run 3 different accounts at once with different users and shortcuts. The problem is when switching to different commanders' VAP in VA, the EDDI plugin isn't changing where it's searching for the journal file. So how are you doing that with one VA running?

I have exactly the same setup! I run 3 different accounts at once with different users and shortcuts. The problem is when switching to different commanders' VAP in VA, the EDDI plugin isn't changing where it's searching for the journal file. So how are you doing that with one VA running?
I just shift+right click VA shortcut and choose "run as different user". I don't switch in the app, but before I run it, in windows. EDDI just follows its parent app.

Top Bottom