would like support for nvidia 3d vision if possible. Would be amazing to have 3d ships fly past and debris and environments.

I bought a pair of those Nvidia 3D Vision 2 glasses the other week. My capsule review is that the 3D effect is very pronounced. However after playing for a few hours, and it making my eyes hurt, I think its little more than a gimmick at the moment. I watched some videos of Hawken being played as well and from what I saw it looks like it could be a bit of a hindrance. For example, the large aiming reticle is very much in the foreground and when aiming at a far target you don't really see it as well because it is kind of out of focus. Perhaps I'm not explaining it will but it didn't look like something I would use for multi-player games very often. Single player flight sims would be great though.

fiddle with the settings and make it 'less pronounced' ... I've found the default settings for games are pretty extreme to make i look very 3D, and tat's what causes the eye strain, try and set the depth such that most things you are looking at tend to be near the sam field of depth as any menu's or head-up-displays, and decrease the depth till it's comfortable (you will still see the 3D effect and it will still help in judging distance, but it will be easier on the eyes)

ive got my PC rigged up to my TV to play 3D games and to be honest the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Thanks for the advice Duncan, I'll give it a go. I think when I had finished my session I must have looked a bit like this.

crosseyed.jpg

Top Bottom