Newcomer / Intro Comprehensive Elite Dangerous Career Chart

Elite Dangerous Career Chart

Hey-ho.
I've always liked Altrue's excellent EVE Career Graph. Large, clean, tidy, efficient, it really appeals to my nerdy-OCD side.
Having recently joined the Galactic Academy, I noticed how many new players wonder what they can do in the game.
So I decided I'd make a career chart for Elite, compiling activities in and around the game, based on Altrue's work.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything relevant! Big thanks to Whitmann and Post_M for proofreading, and to
NXS Tripp (Galactic Academy) and Relick (United Combat Community) for reviewing (plus other folks in those two servers).

Obviously, one doesn't have to go through all activities of a category in order; categories gather activities around a common
theme, that's all.

/!\ Large picture.

Last edited:
+1 :)
In RL most of the times I get on my motorbike and decide(like Captain Kirk) to go 'thataway' .... maybe add a section in "EXPLORATION" called 'thataway' or 'roam' ? :D
(i.e. no planning,no profit reasons, no specific location to go to,not for rank,no group activity)

lol

Solo mode still is the best and most interesting option, since you don't have to engage with toxic people ingame.
PvP is for the forums :)
Great logic for a game that was designed from the ground up as a multiplayer game, and sadly the same flawed logic shared by many who have never even ventured out of solo. There are far more positive interactions with players, not to mention all the emergent gaming from those interactions than there is toxicity; by hiding in solo you are only seeing half the game.

Last edited:
What you on about? Modes aren't mentioned apart from the extreme of Solo play, which means looking for no help whatsoever, anywhere and the likely fact that you'd just give up.

And whilst it might be less than half (let's not argue semantics here) there's a lot of content on the map that would require Group or Open play, and that is what you'd miss out on.

Or must you turn this thread into California?

Actually they have a point, the whole Solo->Auto Quit Mode thing is heavily opinionated. The rest of the chart is fine, and props to the OP for making it.

Whatever people's opinions of Solo might be- this game wasn't a "multiplayer game from the ground up", it was always designed and intended to be played from Single and Multiplayer experiences alike.

"...alone or with others." Rewrite history as you may, it's undeniable FACT.

lol
25tkw9w.jpg

Good work! Thanks for taking the time to make and share.

As for 'Coward Looter', I prefer to think of myself as a 'Pragmatic Salvager'. [big grin]

Last edited:
Just for once it would have been great for a thread to make it past five posts without someone trying to turn it into an open vs solo thread. The obsession levels on here with how other people choose to play the game and the associated criticism of other people's choices are amazing and terrifying in equal measure.

Just for once it would have been great for a thread to make it past five posts without someone trying to turn it into an open vs solo thread. The obsession levels on here with how other people choose to play the game and the associated criticism of other people's choices are amazing and terrifying in equal measure.

True that, everyone knows the real battle is between solo and group!

Actually they have a point, the whole Solo->Auto Quit Mode thing is heavily opinionated. The rest of the chart is fine, and props to the OP for making it.

Whatever people's opinions of Solo might be- this game wasn't a "multiplayer game from the ground up", it was always designed and intended to be played from Single and Multiplayer experiences alike.

"...alone or with others." Rewrite history as you may, it's undeniable FACT.

Like the other person, you don't seem to have read the chart. Solo doesn't refer to the Solo Mode, and the tile talks about a "lonesome experience", not a Solo Mode experience. This has nothing to do with Solo Mode.

Agreed. Especially when the Modes are explicitly left out of the equation...

Modes aren't mentioned apart from the extreme of Solo play, which means looking for no help whatsoever, anywhere and the likely fact that you'd just give up.

Why would people give up? We played Elite and Frontier - Elite II in "solo" as well. With very little help from BBS and stuff.

And whilst it might be less than half (let's not argue semantics here) there's a lot of content on the map that would require Group or Open play, and that is what you'd miss out on.

For example? I can only think of Wing content, because Frontier failed to implement NPC Wings. But then again, Wing missions are apparently soloable with engineered ships.

That originates from a collectivist attitude. It's the same irl.

Why would people give up? We played Elite and Frontier - Elite II in "solo" as well. With very little help from BBS and stuff.

Both of which came with manuals. Where in game can you find information about how to mine? How to collect materials and where they are? How the BGS works? The difference between high and low waking? Pips control? FA off?

For example? I can only think of Wing content, because Frontier failed to implement NPC Wings. But then again, Wing missions are apparently soloable with engineered ships.

Did you read the chart? There's whole sections on PvP. Clue - it's the boxes with PvP in.

Anyway, you've clearly made your mind up. 07.

Hey-ho.
I've always liked Altrue's excellent EVE Career Graph. Large, clean, tidy, efficient, it really appeals to my nerdy-OCD side.
Having recently joined the Galactic Academy, I noticed how many new players wonder what they can do in the game.
So I decided I'd make a career chart for Elite, compiling activities in and around the game, based on Altrue's work.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything relevant! Big thanks to Withmann and Post_M for proofreading, and to
NXS Tripp (Galactic Academy) and Relick (United Combat Community) for reviewing (plus other folks in those two servers).

Obviously, one doesn't have to go through all activities of a category in order; categories gather activities around a common
theme, that's all.

/!\ Large picture.

And it comes in different flavours!! Same chart, different background illustrations. Pick your fav!

Well done!

Great logic for a game that was designed from the ground up as a multiplayer game, and sadly the same flawed logic shared by many who have never even ventured out of solo. There are far more positive interactions with players, not to mention all the emergent gaming from those interactions than there is toxicity; by hiding in solo you are only seeing half the game.

I never understood this, "half the game", and I for one am not "hiding" anywhere I just choose not to play ED with other people, never will. I dont think Im missing out on anything but if people need that extra what ever it is they are getting from playing with others then so be it.

Kudos to the OP tho nice work (bar the bit about solo :p)

Last edited:

Hey-ho.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything relevant! Big thanks to Withmann and Post_M for proofreading, and to

theme, that's all.

/!\ Large picture.

And it comes in different flavours!! Same chart, different background illustrations. Pick your fav!

Was about to give you my warmest recommendation until I noticed your blantant bash of Solo players. Not sure why you think that is necessary. It's a do-over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom