The Galactic Archive's SRV Race: Scully-Power's 500 Part 2

eevnZxF.png

I3au5W7.png

System: Kuntae
Planet: A1
Base: Scully-Power's Progress

Individual Time Trials run from Now until the 22nd.
Use this form for reporting: SP 500 Time Trial Form
If you beat your own time feel free to erase the old time.
Post start/finish screen shots showing time in #time-trial-screenshots On
Danger Zone or The Galactic Archive Servers on Discord.

The Track:

FLWisz9.png

eTkZEun.png

KRKwYkt.png

wE2hPYL.png

WdDVmRO.png

6Asib0v.png

ahgubY0.png

XRTOB7X.png

NHrxHXG.png

The Race: (See Map Above)
Start -
Racers will be in place at the starting line 10 minutes prior to starting time. Exact Times will be updated here as we get closer to Race Day
On start, racers will drive the "Hangar Bays" road clockwise around the inside of the base following the path which will have on and off ramps at some points, back to the dome near the Start line.
Left & Up through the station entrance tunnel.
Turning left on the outside of the station, and around the exterior perimeter.
Returning through the same station entrance tunnel.

Bottom of the ramp inside is the finish line.
1st one in the group across the line, Wins!
Mark your time from start to finish to compare later.

Standard park rules:
Be nice to each other.
Don't attack anyone. (except for the last race, no judgements there.... "Accidents happen")
Pick up your trash. Don't leave Slurpee Cups all over the place, this is our home.
And most important. Have Fun!
Have a look at Alec Turner's original Run Demo for an idea of what you're getting into.

The idea is actually to try and stay on the interior road, but you get the idea....

From Scully-Power's 500 Part 1:

Good Luck CMDRs!
See you on the track!

-MAD7
- The Galactic Archive

Last edited:
Sorry I’m totally new here; how do you trust people’s screenshots as verifiable completion time?
Well - trust is an important word. In the Buckyball Racing Club we've run 68 races over nearly 5 years and have always used screenshots as evidence. You could fake them of course ... but I don't believe anyone ever has ... why would you? Generally there's no prizes so you're really only cheating yourself (because time trial racing is as much about beating your personal best as it is about beating the competition). Also, for what it's worth, I've been recording video from my attempts at this race and will keep and upload the best at the end.

In other news, I've been continuing to try and beat the 10 minute barrier and for the second day running have just done the circuit in 10:01! Arghhhh! 🤬 🤣

Last edited:
Nice. Yeah I hear you, certainly would be cheating yourself. Goes to show how much faith in humanity I have left haha. Glad to hear you SRV racers are an honest bunch. I’d like to dabble, or at least watch. Are you guys gonna be hosting a live race?

9:24 ... for the sake of my own sanity (probably in excess of 50 attempts at this now) I think I'm done.

Nice. Yeah I hear you, certainly would be cheating yourself. Goes to show how much faith in humanity I have left haha. Glad to hear you SRV racers are an honest bunch. I’d like to dabble, or at least watch. Are you guys gonna be hosting a live race?
Well, @MAD-7's race here in this thread (Scully Powers 500 - 2) is a live race, should be a good one. As for the Buckyball Racing Club, it's not normally our thing but you never know. Our next race (Total Recall 2) is coming soon and, although it's another time trial, we encourage people to race in Open so spontaneous live races do sometimes break out. 😄

9:24 ... for the sake of my own sanity (probably in excess of 50 attempts at this now) I think I'm done.

Well, @MAD-7's race here in this thread (Scully Powers 500 - 2) is a live race, should be a good one. As for the Buckyball Racing Club, it's not normally our thing but you never know. Our next race (Total Recall 2) is coming soon and, although it's another time trial, we encourage people to race in Open so spontaneous live races do sometimes break out. 😄
Awesome, how can I watch the Scully 500? I feel like that would be fun to watch.

Top Bottom