Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6 - Crew Restoration

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders,

As part of Update 6 we deployed a fix to return all abandoned crew that you may have lost, due to an issue in Odyssey's rebuy process.
This issue would cause NPC crew, requested to be re-hired, to instead be abandoned.

How Will This Fix Affect Me?

• During Update 6 downtime we returned all abandoned crew to players which would have triggered a message in your in-game inbox.
  • This may leave some players with more than 3 hired crew, all of whom will resume claiming their salary from the player's income.
  • To mitigate this we have imposed a temporary cap to the combined crew salary at 45% of player earnings.
  • The temporary income cap will be raised to 100%, 4 weeks after the update, so any players who still have more than 3 crew will receive an inbox message reminder that they are still taking their cut.

How Do I Dismiss Unwanted Crew?

• Any unwanted crew members can be fired at any dock with a crew lounge. If you're a long way from populated space, you can contact customer services to request dismissal of your crew by submitting a ticket here.

As always, if you have any further questions, let us know! o7

Seems like a sensible solution thanks :)

This is going to cause such fun in the coming months :)
With a clear explanation in a quotable forum post it should be straightforward to assist anyone who is confused or misunderstands. As usual it will be even easier to just respond to tone and exacerbate any frustration.

Greetings Commanders,

As part of Update 6 we deployed a fix to return all abandoned crew that you may have lost, due to an issue in Odyssey's rebuy process.
This issue would cause NPC crew, requested to be re-hired, to instead be abandoned.

• During Update 6 downtime we returned all abandoned crew to players which would have triggered a message in your in-game inbox.
  • This may leave some players with more than 3 hired crew, all of whom will resume claiming their salary from the player's income.
  • To mitigate this we have imposed a temporary cap to the combined crew salary at 45% of player earnings.
  • The temporary income cap will be raised to 100%, 4 weeks after the update, so any players who still have more than 3 crew will receive an inbox message reminder that they are still taking their cut.

• Any unwanted crew members can be fired at any dock with a crew lounge. If you're a long way from populated space, you can contact customer services to request dismissal of your crew by submitting a ticket here.

Dear developers, do you check your creation at all? You made it even worse !!! Before the update it was up to 80 fps, after the update 6-7 fps !!!! Are you publishing ?! What are you getting paid for ????

sallymorganmoore

Dear developers, do you check your creation at all? You made it even worse !!! Before the update it was up to 80 fps, after the update 6-7 fps !!!! Are you publishing ?! What are you getting paid for ????

Definitely checking! The thing is, this isn't the case for many of you! There are some who are seeing huge improvements, some who are seeing no change and some like you who are unfortunately not having a great experience with performance. We can only continue to see where the connection lies with the mixed feedback, ask questions and dig deeper into what's causing this range of results.

Definitely checking! The thing is, this isn't the case for many of you! There are some who are seeing huge improvements, some who are seeing no change and some like you who are unfortunately not having a great experience with performance. We can only continue to see where the connection lies with the mixed feedback, ask questions and dig deeper into what's causing this range of results.
I already have an idea of the settings and performance. I am now playing on Linux because of your updates, because in it the game is stable and with a higher FPS than on Windows. and you, unfortunately, do not check well. buy a gaming laptop with hybrid graphics (intel 630 + nvidia rtx 2060) and launch your creation)))) let's see how happy you will be to play. I have a dell g5.

sallymorganmoore

I already have an idea of the settings and performance. I am now playing on Linux because of your updates, because in it the game is stable and with a higher FPS than on Windows. and you, unfortunately, do not check well. buy a gaming laptop with hybrid graphics (intel 630 + nvidia rtx 2060) and launch your creation)))) let's see how happy you will be to play. I have a dell g5.

Thanks for the feedback Karamultuk...We'll keep investigating...

unknown_1627584948765.png

Greetings Commanders,

Now that we have had upkeep for carriers for quite a while now, may I suggest migrating crew to weekly salaries be considered please? It would be good to have a selection of crew to have handy, salary can go up with ranks etc., I'm assuming the crew on the carrier are being paid salary via upkeep already?

Good lord, go to the support page, create an request there... don't spam random threads the day after a major change. Or at least find a relevant topic in the forums and post there. Don't punish the rest of us too by hard hijacking a thread

Good lord, go to the support page, create an request there... don't spam random threads the day after a major change. Or at least find a relevant topic in the forums and post there. Don't punish the rest of us too by hard hijacking a thread
dear, if fdev worked with the tickets that we create, then there would be no questions. and since my tickets and tickets of other people are ignored, I will write in the topic on the forum. and my claims initially relate to this major update. Yes, the planets were made beautiful. that's all. it's all an update.

dear, if fdev worked with the tickets that we create, then there would be no questions. and since my tickets and tickets of other people are ignored, I will write in the topic on the forum. and my claims initially relate to this major update. Yes, the planets were made beautiful. that's all. it's all an update.
But this thread wasn't about the update or performance it was about the specific issue of NPC crew. There is a whole thread about the update and performance.
You seem to assume that because something hasn't been fixed it isn't being worked on which is silly.

Top Bottom