Discovery Scanner - 26.09.2022

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

Monday, Monday. So good to me.
Monday morning, it was all I hoped for the Galaxy.

We're back, with another delivery of Discovery Scanner today with more of a lighter, Community focused feel today.
Naturally if you're looking specifically for game news, we're now gearing up toward the next major update - Update 14 - so do remain as patient with us as ever (thank you!) as we align ourselves with the next objective.

Article now live: https://www.elitedangerous.com/news/discovery-scanner-26092022

Here's to a bright week ahead for you all o7

Hi Sally

Any chance you can get an answer to this from the high-ups for next week's post?

"As a LEP owner shouldn't I be getting access to all the DLC as they are updated? But I don't have access to the latest version of Horizons (4.0) yet. Any word on when this update is planned?"

Cheers!

sallymorganmoore

Hi Sally

Any chance you can get an answer to this from the high-ups for next week's post?

"As a LEP owner shouldn't I be getting access to all the DLC as they are updated? But I don't have access to the latest version of Horizons (4.0) yet. Any word on when this update is planned?"

Cheers!
I can absolutely run with this.

Hey Sally, thanks for the weekly post. I don't want to be that guy, but me and many other are still eagerly waiting for some information regarding the internal stance on a few long standing issues (AA, lighting etc.).
Of course I know that you would get back to us as soon as you had something on that matter, but whats you rough estimate on when you can share some details with us?

Thanks a lot Sally and have a nice week!

sallymorganmoore

Hey Sally, thanks for the weekly post. I don't want to be that guy, but me and many other are still eagerly waiting for some information regarding the internal stance on a few long standing issues (AA, lighting etc.).
Of course I know that you would get back to us as soon as you had something on that matter, but whats you rough estimate on when you can share some details with us?

Thanks a lot Sally and have a nice week!
It's true, Lyamecron - I have every intent on this being something we address outside of Discovery Scanner however (it feels a bit wrong to include it there...needs more).
I also want us to see how we can incorporate more of a detailed response like we had in previous streams. The main issue with the time it's taking to line up on this kind of this is down to the large releases recently really. We're a bit clearer now on those fronts to focus on getting some of the responses owed on other things between now and Update 14.

It's true, Lyamecron - I have every intent on this being something we address outside of Discovery Scanner however (it feels a bit wrong to include it there...needs more).
I also want us to see how we can incorporate more of a detailed response like we had in previous streams. The main issue with the time it's taking to line up on this kind of this is down to the large releases recently really. We're a bit clearer now on those fronts to focus on getting some of the responses owed on other things between now and Update 14.
Thank you for the honest and detailed response. I appreciate it. :)

Thanks for the update Sally. Just wanna through my voice behind the update on top issue tracker items. Would be great to know whats happening with some of these and if we might expect some fixes in and around update 14. :)

Hello Sally - no need for a reply about what should be happening as either way it would give away narrative stuff, but just to check that the team are aware that the "stargoid" anomalies appear to have just drifted off into deep space rather than hopping between systems, in a way that looks (especially for the second one) like the pilot just fell asleep in the long supercruise and forgot to turn a corner at the next star.

If they didn't mean to do that might be good for someone to give them a prod...

Hi Sally

Cheers!
But Odyssey owners don’t get Horizons(4.0) and a LEP owner would by definition have Odyssey.

So looks like a paradox.

But Odyssey owners don’t get Horizons(4.0) and a LEP owner would by definition have Odyssey.

So looks like a paradox.
Not really. All Odyssey owners have bought Horizons, so should also have access to the latest version of Horizons. Which is 4.0. There's not really any justification for the only people having access to EDH4.0 being people who haven't bought / access to Odyssey. Especially as EDH4.0 will eventually be the only version of Horizons, once 3.8 is deprecated.

LEP owners just have the strongest case - as they literally paid for a Lifetime Expansion Pass, yet are being denied access to the latest version of one of those expansions (Horizons).

Not really. All Odyssey owners have bought Horizons, so should also have access to the latest version of Horizons. Which is 4.0. There's not really any justification for the only people having access to EDH4.0 being people who haven't bought / access to Odyssey. Especially as EDH4.0 will eventually be the only version of Horizons, once 3.8 is deprecated.

LEP owners just have the strongest case - as they literally paid for a Lifetime Expansion Pass, yet are being denied access to the latest version of one of those expansions (Horizons).
I can't argue with your logic and you have every right to seek what you believe you are owed in this instance. However, I have come to believe that 3.8 is always going to be there as a snapshot of the previous version of the Stellar Forge. Keeping it around will allow the previous galaxy to remain available to visit for anyone who wants to go down memory lane, which I think would be a good thing honestly, even if I have zero current interest in launching 3.8 myself.

However, I still think that encouraging Horizons 4.0 players to upgrade to Odyssey is the more productive action to take in this instance, rather than opening a new avenue of opposition to upgrading to it.

I can't argue with your logic and you have every right to seek what you believe you are owed in this instance. However, I have come to believe that 3.8 is always going to be there as a snapshot of the previous version of the Stellar Forge. Keeping it around will allow the previous galaxy to remain available to visit for anyone who wants to go down memory lane, which I think would be a good thing honestly, even if I have zero current interest in launching 3.8 myself.

However, I still think that encouraging Horizons 4.0 players to upgrade to Odyssey is the more productive action to take in this instance, rather than opening a new avenue of opposition to upgrading to it.
Sally is going to look into - no need for you to worry about it.

Top Bottom