a few things that would improve the game

First of all: great framework for a game. Since I've played a lot of rimworld and always wanted to see what's happening on the screen in beautiful 3D graphics, this game came at the right time for me.
Now to the points that I think are missing:
1. more wild animals (since you're published by frontier, couldn't you possibly get some assets from planet zoo or jwe?)
2. human attackers (pirates, other residents on the planet, possibly even various factions. (see rimworld))
3. speed up time (especially when everyone is asleep, it just takes too long.)
4. second floors and/or basement for building construction. (storage room e.g. in the basement because it is cooler)

That should have been it for now. If I can think of any other things, or if anyone else can think of any other things, I would be happy to receive feedback.

Until then, great work, great game, keep it up (y)

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
First of all: great framework for a game. Since I've played a lot of rimworld and always wanted to see what's happening on the screen in beautiful 3D graphics, this game came at the right time for me.
Now to the points that I think are missing:
1. more wild animals (since you're published by frontier, couldn't you possibly get some assets from planet zoo or jwe?)
Thanks Jura Arena! I will share this with the developers :)

Unfortunately it won't be possible to import assets from Planet Zoo or Jurassic World Evolution 2 into Stranded: Alien Dawn. The games are built using different tools and different engines. I will, however, mention to the team that you'd like to see more biodiversity in the game
2. human attackers (pirates, other residents on the planet, possibly even various factions. (see rimworld))
This has been brought up a lot by the community recently, and while I understand where it's coming from, this isn't part of the current plan. The planet is meant to be uninhabited by humans until the survivors arrive.
3. speed up time (especially when everyone is asleep, it just takes too long.)
There are time controls and you can speed up time even during night. I recommend using the time to double check your survivors' schedules and their priorities, in case there's anything that needs tweaking.
4. second floors and/or basement for building construction. (storage room e.g. in the basement because it is cooler)
Thank you for the suggestion :) This is also something that comes up from the community a lot, and the devs are aware.

Unfortunately it won't be possible to import assets from Planet Zoo or Jurassic World Evolution 2 into Stranded: Alien Dawn. The games are built using different tools and different engines. I will, however, mention to the team that you'd like to see more biodiversity in the game

This has been brought up a lot by the community recently, and while I understand where it's coming from, this isn't part of the current plan. The planet is meant to be uninhabited by humans until the survivors arrive.

There are time controls and you can speed up time even during night. I recommend using the time to double check your survivors' schedules and their priorities, in case there's anything that needs tweaking.

Thank you for the suggestion :) This is also something that comes up from the community a lot, and the devs are aware.
Many thanks for the really detailed answer Jens. :D

I wasn't quite sure about the engine, but of course it can't work with two different ones.
With increased speed during sleep, I simply meant even faster than the already highest level 3.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to tomorrow's update and of course to the 30th when the feather-pack comes. (y)

On the human attackers... add another mode or an option for it. Don't have them already there. How cool would it be if there was a chance when you're broadcasting your SOS on crash landing that some space pirates come land their ship on your planet with I'll intent? Surely this maintains the uninhabitable planet. And they can't ALL be good people in space. Add it as a weather event like thunderstorms/heatwaves/pirate ships spotted your signal... makes perfect sense to me!

Top Bottom