Newcomer / Intro A fresh start . . .

Made it back to the bubble but didn't get the heroes welcome I was expecting.

docking request denied.png

and the value of the exploration data is not too shabby either, several pages around 110 MCr in total.

cartographics.png

on to a larger station to repair the ship. The old girl took quite a beating.

ship damage.png

Attachments

• ship damage.png
    ship damage.png
    317.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
It did look pretty cool

paint.jpeg

but I've put a fresh coat of paint over it. Don't worry, it will peel of again.

Arrived at my home system only to find out the nice booming democracy I was allied with, was replaced by a brutal communist dictatorship. Some trading rebuild the democrats influence a bit. Now back into the black bringing a famous explorer to his destination. Should take only a day or two.

Last edited:
You can ask any flight attendant how people are.
Sometimes I think Frontier did a survey with BA cabin crews and modeled our passengers according to the worst entitled scum that they've ever encountered. :LOL:

Yeah you're probably right. Back in my Dolphin, doing passenger missions, I went to an encoded emissions site and found this private data beacon

private data beacon.jpg

couldn't scan it though. Also I wouldn't mind salvaging this ship but no luck with that either

salvage.jpg

o7 commanders and hey hey, lets fly careful out there.

Regarding that private data beacon - you don't need a wake scanner, you just need to slect the beacon (seemed to have managed that) and point your ship at it (not so much). Look at your radar: the white dot for the beacon is bracketed - you have selected it. It's in the same plane as your ship's orientation, but it's way over on your left.

I lost my first ship today . . .

destroyed.jpg

mistakes were made, obviously . . .

was it a mistake to take this mission?

black box salvage.jpg

I didn't think so. And this didn't change my mind either.

threat 4.jpg

Any tips on completing this mission would be greatly appreciated.

o7 commanders . . .

I lost my first ship today . . .

View attachment 181286

mistakes were made, obviously . . .

was it a mistake to take this mission?

View attachment 181287

I didn't think so. And this didn't change my mind either.

View attachment 181288

Any tips on completing this mission would be greatly appreciated.

o7 commanders . . .
Go in, fire as many collectors as you can, as soon as the first one returns with the black box - run like hell. Be sure to have another system pre-selected for jump, because there is a possibility you're going to be mass-locked, unless you have either really big or a really fast ship.

Thanks for the tips guys, but I have decided to abandon this mission. Back in the Dolpin, transporting passengers.

But now for something completely different, an official announcement by the Cartaphilus company.

Since our forefather Ahasuerus founded the Cartaphilus company centuries, some say millennia ago, we have transported passengers and our motto "let us take you there" is a testament to that.
We have always prided ourselves in putting the safety and comfort of the passengers, you our esteemed clientele, first.

Therefore our policy is clear.
For your safety and our own
⦁ We always fly shielded
⦁ Our passenger vessel is maintained in excellent condition according to the latest protocols established by Saud Kruger. Our engineers attend training by said company regularly
⦁ We fly with extra fuel in case you want to make a detour to visit a tourist site or attraction
⦁ We fly with fuel scoop when leaving the bubble

For your comfort
⦁ We fly with extra cargo space in case you want to bring back some memorabilia or require commodities to make the trip more pleasant
⦁ We fly with an A-rated and fully upgraded frame shift drive

However, for your safety and our own we will not engage in, our allow illegal or dangerous activities, and this includes
⦁ killing or murder, including bounty hunting
⦁ smuggling contraband and transporting illegal goods, even if they are deemed legal by some systems
⦁ use of said goods, either onboard the ship or off board while refueling
⦁ transportation of passengers wanted in one or multiple systems
attempts to avoid legal scanning by the proper authorities

So we're very sorry to hear that several of our passengers claim to be unhappy with the services provided without further specification and although the contractual agreement was executed well within the agreed upon time-frame, refused monetary compensation for our efforts, only after they disembarked on their destination. The party shall remain unnamed but rest assured that we have sought legal counseling and have send a final demand for payment. When said famous explorer fails to comply we will file a lawsuit and seek a judgement in court for non-payment of services rendered.

But on a brighter side, we the Cartaphilus company, would like to announce the recent investment in extra passenger cabins so we can provide you with the broadest range of services. We now have at our disposal and can equip our passenger vessel with
⦁ 40 economy cabins
⦁ 22 business cabins
⦁ 12 first class cabins or
⦁ 4 luxury cabins

Fly safe
Fly in style and comfort
Fly Cartaphilus

Hey guys, I'm thinking about going back to the black taking a passenger on an exploration mission but this time using the Dolphin.
Here's my DolphinX build, it can change somewhat depending on the cabin required.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Still need to practice my stealthy docking . . .

:confused:

but
but
but
we transport passengers
this is wat we do
our motto is "let us take you there"
what's the point of going in a Dolphin when we don't take passengers? Might as well go in my AspX then.

Top Bottom