A little help restoring control set up please

OK so my Xbox controller died yesterday. In attempt to get to play I plugged in the controller from my PS4.
PS4 controller would have required me to set up my bindings again so I bought a new Xbox pad today.
My control scheme is no longer visible in controller options.
I have copied my back up bindings from my folder to the ED install folder in the relevant section.
It does not appear in the drop down box.
Any help appreciated please!

If it makes any odds my pad that broke was wireless as is my new one. My PS4 pad was plugged in via USB.

is it under custom, on the drop down menu in the control settings?

Custom option does not appear...
Yeah I can spend hours tomorrow reconfiguring my binds but I saved them in a separate folder to prevent this madness. Been burned with this before so thought I was taking appropriate precautions.

Well tomorrow I will delete everything out of the keybinds folder of ED and just put my custom binds in there.
We'll see how that goes.
All else fails redo the control binds.
Way to start my holidays: broken joypad and a busted toilet. Desperate times! ;)

Hey CMDR,

Are they the same versions of the XBox controllers? ie did you have an XBox 360 previously but got a XBox One now? They will likely be considered different controllers.

If no bindings are showing at all in your list in ED when the controller is on, then it may also be the 'missing GUID' issue that was introduced in 3.0.x (and is still not fixed!!). Some info on (and how to fix) it was discussed here. The TLDR of it is that when a GUID (controller ID) is not found at ED startup the controls are errored out, and will not display. Not connecting wireless controller before launching or having a missing device will cause the issue. In your case it might be happening because the GUID for the old and new controllers are different, so ED will assume you do not have the controller in use and exclude all your binding files. You can manually change GUID in the text file if needed.

Always happens on holidays doesn't it!! :(

Cheers, AD

Thanks for all the help so far.
Both controllers are wireless xbox one controllers.
Will have a tinker when I can work up the energy to do it.

Right I've done everything I can think of. I've followed the FAQ instructions on the support page.
Just nothing is showing up.
I'm supposed to be able to name my control set up and see that so I've tried renaming it.
Absolutely nothing.
Ticket sent.
This is a very annoying start to my time off. If it can go wrong (with various things) it has gone wrong so far!
How I still have a full head of hair is anyone's guess at this stage! :)

I'm really surprised that with all the prior issues people have had with control setups in this game, there's no BACKUP system to restore.

You know, not having to manually crawl through directories locally on your computer to preempt any changes they might make to the game.

Sad that they can't even manage a simple Restore function although they can manage complex multiple input device setups, isn't it?

I'm really surprised that with all the prior issues people have had with control setups in this game, there's no BACKUP system to restore.

You know, not having to manually crawl through directories locally on your computer to preempt any changes they might make to the game.

Sad that they can't even manage a simple Restore function although they can manage complex multiple input device setups, isn't it?

Yup it boils my urine!

Top Bottom