A little poll found on Reddit

400 isn't representative at all when (most likely) at least 500k users own the game.
For this same reason I believe polls are useless.

But not all the players of planet zoo participated in the poll on reddit, and I guess not everyone (like myself) knew about that poll. So you can't say that 400 out of all the players isn't that much :) you can only say that when every player has participated

Basically no one knew about this poll and maybe even only 100 out of these 400 people actually owns the game.

Polls only give a right POV, when you decide to do this on multiple media and/or in-game. That's a lot of effort for maybe something that the devs don't even want.
Aviaries/marine could be highly requested on the polls but Frontier has to admit, that's too much effort/resources for this game (just an example !) and we are not going to do this.
Which basically means, that the poll has no meaning :D

I only see a poll working in the in-game menu and with a 'popular demand' selection within a selection made by Frontier.

400 isn't representative at all when (most likely) at least 500k users own the game.
For this same reason I believe polls are useless.

400 is a pretty good sample size if the poll is well designed (properly randomised etc., etc...) the biggest problem with this poll is bias that comes from it being a self-selceted poll within a very limited segment of the population of that is far from representative of the total population of people who play, or might purchase, the game.

400 is a pretty good sample size if the poll is well designed (properly randomised etc., etc...) the biggest problem with this poll is bias that comes from it being a self-selceted poll within a very limited segment of the population of that is far from representative of the total population of people who play, or might purchase, the game.

0,1% of a total player base is not a good sample size IMO.

It would be for anything that has 500 members/users.

It does not really claim people want whales, dolphins, etc and a full marine expansion. So, using that to argue for a pack with whales, orcas, or dolphins seems a bit far-fetched
Just because someone votes for the addition of marine animals doesn't mean they want whales and dolphins
Who talks about dolphins or whales? I don't remember talking about dolphins and whales? I said there were only people saying that there was no demand for marine animals. why did you understand something like that? Please, let's put an end to these whale and dolphin discussions, I'm bored. and I'm sure you spoke like that by looking at my profile. we don't need to fill the subject of we friend with whale and dolphin discussions.

Last edited:
You and I had a very in-depth conversation about this via PMs where I outlined exactly why I and others believe this to be, because you came to me and asked.

Sounds like you had some fun?
I recall I had a PM discussion with him as well. But there appears to be some invisible language barrier.
And I can confirm, it was not a problem created by me.

If 500k people knew this survey, they would have voted. For example, I did not know about this survey. i have the game

Would have or could have doesn't count.

And if 500k voted, I'm sure there would be different results.

Would have or could have doesn't count.

And if 500k voted, I'm sure there would be different results.
Don't 405 people already represent these large group people? 405 people are not acting organized. I don't think the survey will be much different than this.

I recall I had a PM discussion with him as well. But there appears to be some invisible language barrier.
And I can confirm, it was not a problem created by me.
There was no language barrier, we just had strong idea privileges.
On the contrary, we got along very well with @NZFanatic, it has very accurate and logical thoughts.
not like other people.
For example, what are you trying to imply when you say this?

Last edited:
Who talks about dolphins or whales? I don't remember talking about dolphins and whales? I said there were only people saying that there was no demand for marine animals. why did you understand something like that? Please, let's put an end to these whale and dolphin discussions, I'm bored. and I'm sure you spoke like that by looking at my profile. we don't need to fill the subject of we friend with whale and dolphin discussions.

To be fair, you bring up orcas and dolphins in so many of your posts that it is safe to assume that by marine expansion you are referring to that. Also, the only time people heavily disagree, or in your words "humiliate" you, is when you bring up these specific animals. I spoke like that because the marine expansion discussions you take part in consistently argue for these animals, and you are now using this vague poll to prove your points from other threads.

you bring up orcas and dolphins in so many of your posts that it is safe to assume that by marine expansion you are referring to that
I say my own ideas, like every human being. I can't see a problem with that.
Also, the only time people heavily disagree,
this is just an assumption. İt is very simple to say that. For example, I can say that people have joined me heavily. I can manipulate people.
To be fair, you bring up orcas and dolphins in so many of your posts that it is safe to assume that by marine expansion you are referring to that. Also, the only time people heavily disagree, or in your words "humiliate" you, is when you bring up these specific animals. I spoke like that because the marine expansion discussions you take part in consistently argue for these animals, and you are now using this vague poll to prove your points from other threads.
As a result, I did not mention whales and dolphins here, and as you can see, it is you who brought this subject here.

Last edited:

this is just an assumption. it is very simple to say that. For example, I can say that people have joined me heavily. I can manipulate people.

As a result, I did not mention whales and dolphins here, and as you can see, it is you who brought this subject here.

Simply, I never said it was a problem that you say your own ideas. I simply said when you bring them up so often, they are implied in your words concerning a marine pack, as we all know you would not be happy if a marine pack was released without dolphins, Belugas, Orcas, etc.

Alas, you turned the poll thread into another marine expansion thread to try and prove the points you have made in the past. Just like you commandeered the expansion pack thread earlier this week. You used this poll to try to prove to the handful, no a few people, a few organized people, to back up the points you have been making. Your main points have all concerned that variety of creature.

Anyways, not the most reliable for a few reasons, but the poll is a bit interesting.

Just like you commandeered the expansion pack thread earlier this week.
what? are you kidding me? hahaha I'm just laughing.

anyway i already got used to this situation.
Simply, I never said it was a problem that you say your own ideas. I simply said when you bring them up so often, they are implied in your words concerning a marine pack, as we all know you would not be happy if a marine pack was released without dolphins, Belugas, Orcas, etc.

Alas, you turned the poll thread into another marine expansion thread to try and prove the points you have made in the past. Just like you commandeered the expansion pack thread earlier this week. You used this poll to try to prove to the handful, no a few people, a few organized people, to back up the points you have been making. Your main points have all concerned that variety of creature.

Anyways, not the most reliable for a few reasons, but the poll is a bit interesting.
I don't really want to extend it, but I just said there were friends who said there was no demand for marine animals. I did not translate the issue into a sea expansion package or discussion. you came and said. You are the ones who talking about dolphins and whales. why don't you accept this?
Another point I don't understand is that if they want sea animals, it doesn't mean they want whales and dolphins, you says. So what's the problem then? I'm sorry, but I question this. I didn't specifically say dolphins or whales. I said "Marina animals". According to what you say, I just said "Marine animals" that don't mean dolphins and whales. I have never seen such a ridiculous mindset. Interesting. If you see me as your enemy and aim(or rather, if you perceive) to draw everything I say to the topic of whale or dolphin, sorry there is nothing I can do. this time i'm not at fault. You said yourself, sea animals don't mean just dolphins and whales. If I wanted to say dolphin and whale, they have a name, I would say "dolphin and whale". or I would say "marine mammals". I end this discussion here.

Last edited:

this is just an assumption. İt is very simple to say that. For example, I can say that people have joined me heavily. I can manipulate people.

You consistently advocate for specific species to be included in the game (orca primarily). It's basically your MO - modus operandi, i.e. your mode of operation. So when you talk about marine animals or a marine pack, however vaguely, the rest of us basically automatically assume that you are talking about orca even if you do not explicitly say 'orca'. Because you are so consistent about this, when you specifically brought up the concept of a 'marine pack' in this thread, of course we assumed you were implying that this poll provided credence to your belief that we would one day get orca in the game (since that has been your position since launch).

If you were not talking about orca, then great - but in that case, what is your point? Nobody has ever said that all marine animals are off the table. I myself have advocated for seals and sea lions, and of course penguins, with the caveat that we also get underwater swimming animations so the animals behave properly in-game. I would love a marine-themed DLC with those kinds of animals in it - but not orca, not other dolphins or porpoises, not any kind of cetacean at all (and absolutely no circus acts).

I am writing this article with my most sincere feelings.
You consistently advocate for specific species to be included in the game (orca primarily)
because I love, could there be a better explanation for this? Don't you understand how much I love from the photo on my profile? Normally nobody will bother for such a profile. everyone has a favorite animal in his heart. you can never give it up. especially if you're a strict ZT2 fan. I would love to discover them in this game, because this power only exists in Frontier. however, people do not have to constantly go over the subject they cannot agree on(I'm talking about myself), I got it when I got involved in the discussions. it's we not worth breaking each other's hearts, this is a game. :)

Anyway, now you will start saying, "You're trying to bring the discussion to Orca!"
You consistently advocate for specific species to be included in the game (orca primarily). It's basically your MO - modus operandi, i.e. your mode of operation. So when you talk about marine animals or a marine pack, however vaguely, the rest of us basically automatically assume that you are talking about orca even if you do not explicitly say 'orca'. Because you are so consistent about this, when you specifically brought up the concept of a 'marine pack' in this thread, of course we assumed you were implying that this poll provided credence to your belief that we would one day get orca in the game (since that has been your position since launch).

If you were not talking about orca, then great - but in that case, what is your point? Nobody has ever said that all marine animals are off the table. I myself have advocated for seals and sea lions, and of course penguins, with the caveat that we also get underwater swimming animations so the animals behave properly in-game. I would love a marine-themed DLC with those kinds of animals in it - but not orca, not other dolphins or porpoises, not any kind of cetacean at all (and absolutely no circus acts).
Yes I always seem to be concerned with marine animals subject, because that's my job. Why would a person follow the subject he was not interested in? I am interested in marine animals, rarely I look at other subject. so I may have left the impression of an "insistent type who wants orca" in your eyes. but my aim was never to bring orcas and dolphins back to the agenda and discuss them with people(never). If I had such a purpose, I would constantly thread. I'm just trying to generate ideas by giving rights to people we disagree with(always). maybe you might have misunderstood me.
Of course if the topic of orca opens another day, I will join the subject again. I do not object. but I tried to be a person who tries to produce ideas and produces solutions rather than a controversial and insistent type(always).

I am tired of the orca and dolphin discussions. I am the one who said that. Do you think I can ever have a purpose to raise this issue again? Also, this subject is not suitable for this thread head. I really want to focus on the future now and I am looking forward to the DLC packages that will come to the game.
I do this talk not only for you, but for everyone. I don't know how I can tell more. I think that's enough. I'm an emotional person. :)

Last edited:
Yes I always seem to be concerned with marine animals subject, because that's my job. Why would a person follow the subject he was not interested in? I am interested in marine animals, rarely I look at other subject. so I may have left the impression of an "insistent type who wants orca" in your eyes.
I felt the need to explain because I was not comfortable.
anyway, never mind. I am looking forward to the free update and DLC.

The otters are actually only the demand of certain people in this forum. If we consider all other platforms, the survey is correct. I only saw in this forum people who want to the otters. as far as i observe. I may be wrong about this. but if they asked me if you want otters, I wouldn't say no.

I'm actually not sure that I understand what you mean. In real life zoos, otter exhibits are extremely engaging and popular, not only from a visitors perspective, but in design as well. They are usually very well done, allowing for multi level viewing, since these are species you want to see swim and play under water. For someone that is interested in underwater mechanics and species to be added to Planet Zoo, I would think that the inclusion of this species would be a highlight, it is interesting that it is not. When thinking about diving and swimming mechanics being added to Planet Zoo several species of otters come to mind, other than penguins, I'm not sure what else could bring more excitement into an underwater viewing area. Imagine Asian small-clawed otter being playful, right before diving into the water and swimming right up to the glass panel, where they would gracefully turn in a perfect circle, before they head back up a log to another level of the exhibit.

I was actually quite surprised that during the South America DLC, one of the four animals was not a giant Otter, a corner stone species of this continent. However that would have meant that the diving and swimming mechanics would have been in place, and as we know that is not the case yet. One of the highlights of my career in zoo planning and design was working on The Amazon & Beyond exhibit at Zoo Miami. It was an unprecedented project in scale and scope, nothing like it had ever been done in the zoo world when it came to South America. South Florida's climate allowed for many of the resources needed to complete this mega project to be allocated, well before we broke ground. Out of the multitude of exhibits built here, we devoted a large portion of time and effort to the Giant Otters exhibit, and the end result, was a complex and spectacular multi level exhibit, that has become a highlight of this 27 acres exhibit. I would love one day to recreate in Planet Zoo this exhibit and who knows, since it is at the end a game, I might add some additional features that would have been prohibitive cost wise in real life.

Back
Top Bottom