A more upbeat look at Planetary Tech:

So if you post something positive on a negative thread you get called a White Knight.

So what do we call those to choose to post negative things on a positive thread?
Someone that wants the broken and/or badly designed thing that they paid for, fixed!

The positive is, as others have also said is EDO is "a really nice Sun Rise / Sun Set screenshot generator." great - but I actually wanted more than that and I paid for more than that. If it was free or a really cheap add-on then fair enough, but it was same price as a lot of full games - EDO is not a fully playable game.

Someone that wants the broken and/or badly designed thing that they paid for, fixed!

The positive is, as others have also said is EDO is "a really nice Sun Rise / Sun Set screenshot generator." great - but I actually wanted more than that and I paid for more than that. If it was free or a really cheap add-on then fair enough, but it was same price as a lot of full games - EDO is not a fully playable game.

Pretty sure we all want it fixed, but whenever someone comments in any way positive on a negative thread they get jumped on as a "White Knight". I was just asking what the opposite is.

gelattonous.jpg

So if you post something positive on a negative thread you get called a White Knight.

So what do we call those to choose to post negative things on a positive thread?
I call them people who are negative.

In addition, the term "White Knight" is actually in reference to someone rushing to the aid of a female on the internet, used here in some weird meta-insult that I'm guessing assumes the game is a female under attack. Which is fine, except for most people using that term are doing so in a rush to defend someone else being negative about this "female".

Last edited:
In addition, the term "White Knight" is actually in reference to someone rushing to the aid of a female on the internet, used here in some weird meta-insult that I'm guessing assumes the game is a female under attack. Which is fine, except for most people using that term are doing so in a rush to defend someone else being negative about this "female".
I guess this means both sides are white knights, each for opposing damsels in distress.

I call them people who are negative.

"White knight" have evolved in the early days of internet from your definition to designate people who are unable to admit any flaw in a product (usually game). They usually want everyone to be happy, and ignore their problem (which are all very minor anyway, and possibly their fault). Essentially, the product is the maiden they try to "save".

They are traditionally opposed to "hater" who are unable to see any redeeming quality in a product. They usually want everyone to agree that the product is completely ruined and not worth using.

They are both the extremes of the spectrum, and as extreme, they are both unhealthy, toxic and wrong.

"White knight" have evolved in the early days of internet from your definition to designate people who are unable to admit any flaw in a product (usually game). They usually want everyone to be happy, and ignore their problem (which are all very minor anyway, and possibly their fault). Essentially, the product is the maiden they try to "save".

They are traditionally opposed to "hater" who are unable to see any redeeming quality in a product. They usually want everyone to agree that the product is completely ruined and not worth using.

They are both the extremes of the spectrum, and as extreme, they are both unhealthy, toxic and wrong.

The whole terminology has nothing to do with the extremes, it's all about shutting down conversation from those who are somewhere along the spectrum towards the middle. If you dare enter a conversation that you don't 100% agree with, you will get one of those labels thrown at you.

Last edited:
Good video well done. Hope the dome criers like Obsidian Ant see this.

With the way the posts have been going lately in these forums I half expected to see a Yamikis Ship Humping video. Well done for some positivity.

Last edited:
The whole terminology has nothing to do with the extremes, it's all about shutting down conversation from those who are somewhere along the spectrum towards the middle. If you dare enter a conversation that you don't 100% agree with, you will get one of those labels thrown at you.
It can be used that way, but it doesn't make it so such people doesn't exist.

I was merely providing the definitions of the label used. How, and why, you should use them is up to you. And I don't think this thread is the place for it.
What would you call those people who accuse others of not seeing the error, even in cases where it is obviously wrong, just to provide a basis for denigrating others as white knights?
I'm not there to debate or provide rhetorical argument, especially without context for questions that are more loaded than a thief dice.

Last edited:

And will assume everyone not aligned with them is the opposite one.

Problem is people do have a tendency to retreat to extremes and look at things from a very simple absolute black and white perspective.

Top Bottom