A system named "H"

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a system by the name of "H". I did a search in the gal map with all the other letters in the alpabet and found nothing. Very strange indeed, I know. Hoes anyone know why this system is out there? As far as I can tell, it is the only system in the game with a single character as a name. Bug maybe? Is there a story behind this? I mean really, what the H.

See what I did there?:cool:

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a system by the name of "H". I did a search in the gal map with all the other letters in the alpabet and found nothing. Very strange indeed, I know. Hoes anyone know why this system is out there? As far as I can tell, it is the only system in the game with a single character as a name. Bug maybe? Is there a story behind this? I mean really, what the H.

See what I did there?:cool:

Could be worse, the H could be silent ;)

It does exist. Here it is.

My current position is in the Chuelche system. 1665Ly away.

rjTyE4t.png

Last edited:
Given the description starts with a lower case h, it's most likely a typo, or they have put something there manually but messed up the name?

Could be something of interest there?

Looking at broondog's screenshot, it isn't actually named "H". It's named "h". Lowercase. Which is even weirder.

Perhaps a case of an overzealous swearword filter, that deleted everything except the "h"? :S

Looking again at broondog's pic, it is next to a cluster of real-world stars (eg. IC 4756 ALC 93). Perhaps it had a catalogue ID of a bunch of symbols, of which only the "h" translated.

Hi ... just wandering if you heard of a system/planet ? QUINCE ... I was trying to go there but it`s beyond the edge of where I am being allowed to go. I am hoping someone will know what I am saying and will tell me if I need a permit to go beyond the edge like some other people that are already there. :( I want to go there.

Hi ... just wandering if you heard of a system/planet ? QUINCE ... I was trying to go there but it`s beyond the edge of where I am being allowed to go. I am hoping someone will know what I am saying and will tell me if I need a permit to go beyond the edge like some other people that are already there. :( I want to go there.

No you don't - really, truly you don't want to go there at all. ;)

Looking at broondog's screenshot, it isn't actually named "H". It's named "h". Lowercase. Which is even weirder.

Perhaps a case of an overzealous swearword filter, that deleted everything except the "h"? :S

Looking again at broondog's pic, it is next to a cluster of real-world stars (eg. IC 4756 ALC 93). Perhaps it had a catalogue ID of a bunch of symbols, of which only the "h" translated.

Lots of stars have lower case names.
After they ran out of Greek letters for stars in constellations (eg Omega Carinae) they switch to 'English' letters (eg. R Carinae). When those run out they go to lower case (eg. r Carinae).

If you go to the Galmap and search for 'R Carinae' the first system it returns is 'r Carinae' and the second is 'R Carinae' - but both of them will be shown on the map as 'R CARINAE'.
Two systems with the same/different name.

Incidentally, this totally confuses EDDiscovery.

No you don't - really, truly you don't want to go there at all. ;)

Yes I do want to go to Quince to make my 70 million credits in 1 hour in planet scan missions with the MV or whatever it is called. I really need to go there because I am sick of being poor. Now the lights are not working because the power has been cut off. Yes I could not pay the electricity bill. Other people are there already ... I do really want to go thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes I do want to go to Quince to make my 70 million credits in 1 hour in planet scan missions with the MV or whatever it is called. I really need to go there because I am sick of being poor. Now the lights are not working because the power has been cut off. Yes I could not pay the electricity bill. Other people are there already ... I do really want to go thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am unsure whether this is a joke of some form? If so, I don't get it. There is nothing stopping anyone going to Quince apart from an FSD capable of jumping at least 16 Ly - preferably 20 Ly+ & patience. It might be possible with a much smaller FSD, but at that level you may get stuck, or go a very long way around.

But I doubt you can still earn $70m/hour at Quince. Apparently you can still earn $10m+/hour, doing the same old exploit, but it is much slower as you have to hop between the different planetary scan sites.

And here is the crux - there are loads of places you can make this sort of money that are much closer, and more interesting than Quince.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom