A Tour of my Isla Matanceros

So i thought since i have 5 starred the first island, and gotten all the Memo's and unlocks i thought i would show off my Isla Matencero's on the fourm...
(edited with new picture links since imgr doesnt work anymore for here)

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.44.50.80.png

So here is a over-view of the park from the direction of the entrance gates.

20180621234634_1_-_Copy.jpg

And a look at the whole park via the map view, with annotations showing the main paddocks and species.

20180622011437_1.jpg

The initial entrance area...not pretty i know but it worked. Still might tidy it up however.

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.06.19.94.png

In Paddock 1 i have been housing Hadrosaurs and Ceratopsians. The latest dinos are my Tsintaosaurus herd, mostly all here round the lake with clearly the clever one of the group having noticed...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.07.14.08.png

Alongside the Tsintao we have Styracosaurus, just a small pack...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.07.35.63.png

...and a few Torosaurus...although im not sure this one likes being photgraphed...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.42.27.78.png

In Paddock 2, reserved for small carnivores, we have a lone Ceratosaurus. (When he died he was replaced with a small pack of Dilophosaurus)

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_00.16.36.34.png

The replacements for the Ceratosaurs are the pack of Dilophosaurus, here in a swampy green skin camoflague.

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.39.08.36.png

Here the view from one side of the central hotel over looking several different paddocks. This side, the carnivore paddock...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.38.45.95.png

...and from the otherside the Hotel overlooks the stegosaur paddock tucked away in the top area.

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.37.39.86.png

The Stegosaur paddock is home to the islands Hyangosaur and Chunkingosaur members, in various skins.

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.37.58.21.png

A beauty shot of one of the paddocks 3 Chunkingosaurus, here in its Savannah skin (But i like to call it the Chromed Up Skin since the silver shines nice in the rain)

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.45.11.36.png

Here a over view from the mountain range in the top corner, over looking the central hotel, and top Stegosaur and Ankylosaur Paddocks, with the ACU centre up here aswell.

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.37.22.03.png

Paddock 5 is used for the Ankylosaur residents, with Chrictonsaurus and Polucanthus here...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.36.52.63.png

Just a snapshot showing off different skins for the residents here...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_00.32.22.85.png

Paddock 6 is home to the islands Ornithodpods and Pachycephalosaurs including here a Archeornithomimus (in a different skin) and Dracorex...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.43.48.88.png

Another view of Paddock 6 and its watering hole.

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.02.53.18.png

Paddock 7 in the other top corner is home to anotehr small carnivore paddock, this time for 2 Metriacanthusaurus with differing skins. Here the red stripe alpha enjoys the brief rain...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_00.08.07.87.png

...and here meeting its paddock mate, a nice yellow striped friend.

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.41.55.50.png

Here the view from the Sauropod overlook hotel, which as the name suggests overlooks the main sauropod paddock. Here the ACU helicopter flies overhead.

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.39.58.81.png

Another view of Paddock 8, looking down on the giants of the Island...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.40.26.77.png

...one of the two Diplodocus that call Paddock 8 home...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.41.20.05.png

...and on of the two Brachisaurus that occasionally poke their heads through the trees...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_00.55.43.44.png

...Majestic as anything, both Brachisaurus happily came out to chat for me to take this picture..

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.52.21.74.png

Paddock 9 here is one that i think i designed better than my others, with plenty of overlooking gallery and tower space, home for the more dangerous carnivores...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.34.11.18.png

...One of Paddocks 9 two Suchomimus inhabitants...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.35.03.78.png

...and the other enjoying the shade...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.56.35.68.png

Both Suchmimus together; the zebra striped one clearly curious about the Ranger jeep coming to refil its food...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_00.21.38.30.png

In Paddock 10 next door, we have a pair of Gigantosuaurus, one basic skin...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_00.03.32.20.png

...and one in a new skin. Here in this rain shower it seems this guys friend is secretly checking out how to escape over the fence...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.49.23.02.png

Paddock 11's inhabitants are a herd of Pachycephalosaurs for now, here being airlifted to their new home...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_00.04.49.78.png

In the rain storm the two chinese Stegosaurs browse...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_00.04.02.70.png

...while their neighbours, the two Chictonsaurus (One basic and one Arid skinned) enjoy the rain and a bath in their lake...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.21_-_23.57.28.48.png

One of the Brachisaurus, this time the wetland skinned one, pokes its head up into the trees...

Jurassic_World_Evolution_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_00.32.31.62.png

And the last species to be added...a pair of Nodosaurus, this one enjoying the peace at the forest edge away from the other fast ornithopods that it shares its home paddock with.

That is my Isla Matanceros.,..what do people think?

Last edited:
Hopefully that should work now

Now we're cooking with petroleum. Like your park and like the relatively big enclosure sizes. Small enclosures always breaks my heart. Do you keep Huayango- and Chungkingosaurus as a 'replacement' for the rather prickly Stegosaurus? For the same reason I avoid Tsintaosaurus. Always have some problems with the lasses.

Now we're cooking with petroleum. Like your park and like the relatively big enclosure sizes. Small enclosures always breaks my heart. Do you keep Huayango- and Chungkingosaurus as a 'replacement' for the rather prickly Stegosaurus? For the same reason I avoid Tsintaosaurus. Always have some problems with the lasses.

At the time i never had stegosaurus, and i havent yet tried them out yet (i havent completed isla sorna yet which is where i wanna experiment with them) but i probably wont ever put them on maternceros. Initially i had 2 camararasaurus in the saurpod paddock but again, they were too much of an annoyance to keep so i removed them.

Great!

Hey bud,

Love your park layout! Great exhibits, amazing layout/organization, awesome variety of dinos and buildings. Very well done. I think that if these parks functioned like they did on previous games (especially zoo tycoon), this would be a solid winner. You maximize guest exposure to the dinos, and bottom line-that is what this is all about. I bet it's a really fun one for you to admire.

Do your restaurants satisfy enough guests? I know optimally they should be placed by viewing areas, and without seeing your management view, I couldn't know if they are doing the trick or not. If you could post your management view of guest needs, that would be helpful!

Power plants are an eye sore, but I think you did well in distributing them around the park for functionality (redundancy). I'm still split on if I want to group them together or cluster them kind around and a bit out of sight like you did.

Ranger station could have better response time if centralized, but looks better where it is. Not many shelters, but on this first map they really are not necessary-same with building protectors.

Thanks for the great map and please share more!

I already have the pics for Isla Meurta to go just need to make the post. And in regards to what you said about food and such, i admit that in terms of facilities on this island i was a little lax with that, but was still leanring a lot at that point so my later islands have better layouts. However in the future i will try to show the managment views for you...and ill get a pic of the same view for you on Matanceras too if i can

Doesn't 7 Hammond Centres eat up your electricity and space? I usually only ever have two

Well yes...but since dinosaurs die off so fast i cant be bothered to continuously tranq and transport new dinosaurs to paddocks...especially when you have many many dinos. If the dinosaurs lived for longer id have a different park set up,.

Hey Raptor, did you decide to stay with the game?

And nopes...havent played it now for several days and i have very little impertous to return. I think ill only show off my park designs as they are for teh 5 main islands and thats about it until the game improves. I don't even have any intiative to play what they laughingly call a sandbox

I like your park design, It's more fluid than my Matanceros. You've also taken a lot of really great pictures. [smile]

I like your park design, It's more fluid than my Matanceros. You've also taken a lot of really great pictures. [smile]

Thank you...Nvidias Ansel makes it much easier. I think a simple update that allows you to hide the HUD ingame would be appreciated by the community

Top Bottom